ADVERTISEMENT

UTSA vs UTEP

They went man to man and Sat got hot. The zone was working.
Henson went to man to man at the 7 minute mark in the second half with UTEP up 60 -52. UTSA went on to tighten the game down the stretch playing man. Saterfield's run came against the zone when the team was moving the ball for wide open shots. It is likely Henson switches back and forth on Sunday, especially if he has a couple of more guys available.

Henson went to man to man at the 7 minute mark in the second half with UTEP up 60 -52. UTSA went on to tighten the game down the stretch. Saterfield's run came against the zone when the team was moving the ball for wide open shots.
Right, but the important thing is he drained them.

#jeromefanhere

I actually think that Henson in much like Sadler…good bench coach, bad recruiter. Or UTSA is very hard to recruit because of their lack of facilities. I’m not surprised that he had his team ready to play. They had a game plan and did a great job. His teams usually start their season really slow and then gradually improve over the course of the season. They almost caught Utep sleeping.

I actually think that Henson in much like Sadler…good bench coach, bad recruiter. Or UTSA is very hard to recruit because of their lack of facilities. I’m not surprised that he had his team ready to play. They had a game plan and did a great job. His teams usually start their season really slow and then gradually improve over the course of the season. They almost caught Utep sleeping.
I thought Henson routinely coached circles around Terry (he wasn't alone in that regard). I don't want to see that against Golding. Losing to UTSA, with their limited roster, at home, would not have been what we need to move the program forward. That said, you have to think Henson is on thin ice with Campos. A loss at home to UTEP on Sunday may be a nice parting gift for Henson.

I thought Henson routinely coached circles around Terry (he wasn't alone in that regard). I don't want to see that against Golding. Losing to UTSA, with their limited roster, at home, would not have been what we need to move the program forward. That said, you have to think Henson is on thin ice with Campos. A loss at home to UTEP on Sunday may be a nice parting gift for Henson.
Good — let’s get him fired.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Henson went to man to man at the 7 minute mark in the second half with UTEP up 60 -52. UTSA went on to tighten the game down the stretch playing man. Saterfield's run came against the zone when the team was moving the ball for wide open shots. It is likely Henson switches back and forth on Sunday, especially if he has a couple of more guys available.
Exactly. Saterfield seems to have been the reason they abandoned the zone.

Just watched the last 2 minutes of the 1st half Kentucky at Auburn. Saw 4 dunks. Included one breakaway 360 by Toppin and a baseline lob (from a guard driving the lane) to the Auburn big. I know we are talking about better players/athletes in that game, but I really miss this style of play. It needs to be incorporated into our game. It helps recruiting, excitement and it brings fans.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT