ADVERTISEMENT

vila gets more minutes than Efe

Was there any clue other than his disappointing performances so far as to why he had " zero" minutes? Was he there?

Big minutes for Tarke and Archie last night. By far their best games each, however turnovers are still a big issue and kept the game close. 9 between the two of them and another 4 by Edwards.

I think we need to spot up Edwards more to utilize his shot making skills. His turnovers come on indecisive drives, so that should improve.

Efe really made good use of his minutes and Tydus made a free throw! Good to see.

Proud of Terry benching Vila. I hope Vila works out better and can contribute some, but he deserves to sit.

These guys really need to work on ball handling (Lathon, Hawkins and Archie). Maybe they can start doing the S. Curry routine in practice and pregame or work with a dribbling guru. Specifically, I really feel like Hawkins could take off if he had a great handle. He is super athletic and likes to attack.

Big minutes for Tarke and Archie last night. By far their best games each, however turnovers are still a big issue and kept the game close. 9 between the two of them and another 4 by Edwards.

I think we need to spot up Edwards more to utilize his shot making skills. His turnovers come on indecisive drives, so that should improve.

Efe really made good use of his minutes and Tydus made a free throw! Good to see.

Proud of Terry benching Vila. I hope Vila works out better and can contribute some, but he deserves to sit.

These guys really need to work on ball handling (Lathon, Hawkins and Archie). Maybe they can start doing the S. Curry routine in practice and pregame or work with a dribbling guru. Specifically, I really feel like Hawkins could take off if he had a great handle. He is super athletic and likes to attack.
Yep. Edwards is an excellent shooter when he gets his feet set. He absolutely needs to cut down on the turnovers as well. On a side note, I thought Lathon looked a bit better down the stretch yesterday. A lot of the team's play offensively mirrors the point guard play, so his play will determine the ceiling for this team.

I notice Vila hardly played tonight. Odigie took the majority of the minutes. Verhoeven had a tough game. Free throws aren't falling for him at all and he missed some shots badly

I notice Vila hardly played tonight. Odigie took the majority of the minutes. Verhoeven had a tough game. Free throws aren't falling for him at all and he missed some shots badly
Vila got blown up on defense in the early minutes. Verhoeven didn't fair much better. He had a few missed dunks and a tough time on defense. Efe was the 2rd center off the bench and played decently well. He just needs to make his moves quicker given his lack of explosion. I thought Terry went with him for too long to start the 2nd half and it cost us about a 4 point swing around the 8-9 minute mark.

UTEP dodged more than its fair share of bullets there defensively. They left a few guys wide open in defensive breakdowns that resulted in easy baskets. One wide open dunk late in the game comes to mind. They left a few outside jumpers open and luckily Middle Tennessee was putting up bricks after the first five minutes of the game

Hopefully Efe earned more of Vila's minutes in CRTs eyes. It would be nice if Efe could out about 30 min a game.

Efe had a bad week last week including getting left behind by his coach. Tough love but he didn't sulk, he came back and worked hard and had a huge game. Good for him but why can't he jump?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT