ADVERTISEMENT

Vince Hunter made all nine free throws against MTSU.

FeralFelidae

MI Miner Maniac
Sep 1, 2003
And before that he hit a respectable 12 of 16 against UAB. For a couple of games there, I thought he was taking action as a team leader to address that gaping hole in his game. He surely is aware of the close games that have been lost this year due to free throws.

How does someone who is capable of hitting 9 of 9 free throws in one game turn around and average about 50% in the others?

All I can see is last week when he was making his FT's was at home. Last night was a road game so it seems like he feels more comfortable shooting FT's at home then on the road. He was getting upset with himself every time he missed a FT especially towards the end of the game. Hopefully he can at least make 70% of FT's on the road, I'd be happy with that.

GO MINERS!

Just to pick some nits, he was actually 9 of 10 against MT. I saw with my own eyes him missing his last free throw and getting the rebound. Not quite sure how the scorer missed that. Regardless, it's just a concentration issue. He's not exactly Calvin Murphy, but his form isn't terrible. There's no reason he couldn't be a 70-75% shooter if he just focused. It looked like he stayed with his shot really well last week and not quite as well last night.

It's a head game...all about concentration. Picture the "swish" in your mind...not the "clank". Same as making a short putt. If you are afraid and picture it not going in; it sure as he!! won't. He knows he can, but he needs to conquer it in his mind. I never had the ability to confidently make a free throw and it was luck if it went in. Putting was always something I felt confident about and usually made those short ones that you should make.

Having 12 NBA scouts (as reported by TV commentators) might be a pretty good motivating factor as well.

Are you saying the 12 scouts were at the MTSU game explaining the the 9 for 9 or at the FAU game explaining the 8 for 15?
Depending on your answer maybe we've discovered the secret...
Either invite scouts to the game or deny them entry.
This post was edited on 2/6 3:26 PM by miner1liner

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT