ADVERTISEMENT

Vince Hunter...

allminer

MI Hall of Famer
Feb 12, 2005
I would expect Hunter to garner the last C-USA Player of the Week for the season. Good numbers for the last two games, 41 points, 20 rebounds, 6 assists, 4 steals and I believe 3 blocked shots. I think its the most I've seen him play under control all season. He still had some moments like why, oh why is he jacking up threes? Anyway, if this continues into the tournament and post season, that would be huge for the team. He did have 4 turnovers, but 3 were yesterday and only one on Thursday. I know what everyone will answer to this but I'm still going to throw it out there. Was yesterday Hunter's last appearance at the Don? I agree with the majority on here, he's not ready. But should UTEP make a run and he comes up with huge numbers again...well, stranger things have happened. Just saying.

If Vince Hunter does not return to UTEP for his Junior year it's because of an internal issue between he and the head coach or he and his team mates. If Hunter thinks he's ready to step up to the next level - he better get a second or third opinion because he's not even ready.

If he leaves I don't think it has to be because of an internal issue. It all comes down to money and if his family has some or not. If his family is doing alright (don't mean rich just not struggling) its a lot easier to not test the waters. Now if he has family telling him hes ready than you just never know. Hope he stays

Agree. To be a pro candidate, a prospect has to have a reasonable jumper from the perimeter and be able to shoot free throws in the 70% or above range. Hunter has neither.

He has been fun to watch. Hope he stays on more year. He clearly up's his game when Omega is at point. Those two can do a lot of damage next year. I'm talking potential Tim Hardaway/Antonio Davis type damage.

If the Vince Hunter that showed up in the second half shows up in Birmingham (well, minus the 8-16 from the line), I think we'll be in pretty good shape. I think he's probably taken a little bit of a hit as he has struggled the last half of the conference season. If he wants to go this year, there won't be a better advertisement than leading us into the tourney and making a little run while we're there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT