ADVERTISEMENT

VIVA Ford scam

kickballpro

MI Miner Maniac
Mar 24, 2006
So I see this email for a Ford F150 for a price of $28,945 at Viva Ford. I go to their website and check it out and I email them, I go down there, I like the truck but its a little beat up as far as dents and scratches. The salesman says, "Well thats why its priced as a preowned vehicle as is." I said fair enough and I wanted to make a deal. After offering $28,000, he said actually, the price is $33995. I said, what happened to the price on the website. He said it was a mistake and they will take it down, but he will meet me in the middle on price at $31,995. I was pretty upset and I screen shot all the text, I wish I knew how to upload them here. But I told them that this is a 'Bait and Switch Scam.' Couple days have passed and they haven't fixed the price on the internet.

So I park across the street at Albertsons and send my son in. Same thing, I am sorry sir, 'the ad online is incorrect, but we will meet you halfway.'

SCAM!!!!!

Reactions: minermx07
Maybe try and send the information to the local news stations. While not a headline, it might catch someone's attention there. Or maybe fitfamep or something similar on social media.

So I see this email for a Ford F150 for a price of $28,945 at Viva Ford. I go to their website and check it out and I email them, I go down there, I like the truck but its a little beat up as far as dents and scratches. The salesman says, "Well thats why its priced as a preowned vehicle as is." I said fair enough and I wanted to make a deal. After offering $28,000, he said actually, the price is $33995. I said, what happened to the price on the website. He said it was a mistake and they will take it down, but he will meet me in the middle on price at $31,995. I was pretty upset and I screen shot all the text, I wish I knew how to upload them here. But I told them that this is a 'Bait and Switch Scam.' Couple days have passed and they haven't fixed the price on the internet.

So I park across the street at Albertsons and send my son in. Same thing, I am sorry sir, 'the ad online is incorrect, but we will meet you halfway.'

SCAM!!!!!

SCAM!!!!!

Don't go to lower Dyer. You will either leave with a need to get a butt shot to stop the burn and/or end up lying in your bed wondering how you will need to explain this to your spouse (a very stupid tattoo).

Lol, thats not a scam... It's a sales tactic. NO, media will pick it up either... You need to be more prepared, did you look up the value? Have you shopped around for similar? Viva Ford, is sleezy as fxxx, the main reason is the owner, Mr. Dick. Well he is a Dick. At 31k thats not a bad price... but its a RWD truck...https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/796790010/overview/ spend more and get 4wd or similar and get a RWD-https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/800747093/overview/

Also, you need to throw more of a fuss, if they will do 31k, they will do 30... ask to speak to the general manager, or better yet tell them you are friend of Jimmy :)

Right. The only way it “fine” is if the vehicle pictured was sold and they had a similar one for 3k more. Yeah, you could speak to the manager and waste 30 minutes of your time and get them to the 28k, but f that. I would have gone somewhere else.

Exactly. If somebody used bait and switch right away I would leave.

The last time I shopped for a new car was 10 years ago. I saw very low prices and was skeptical. Of course they were prices for standard cars. It didn't state that it was automatic and made no mention that it was a price for a standard. They did nothing wrong by advertising like this, but car dealerships will do anything to get you in.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
Lol, thats not a scam... It's a sales tactic. NO, media will pick it up either... You need to be more prepared, did you look up the value? Have you shopped around for similar? Viva Ford, is sleezy as fxxx, the main reason is the owner, Mr. Dick. Well he is a Dick. At 31k thats not a bad price... but its a RWD truck...https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/796790010/overview/ spend more and get 4wd or similar and get a RWD-https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/800747093/overview/

Also, you need to throw more of a fuss, if they will do 31k, they will do 30... ask to speak to the general manager, or better yet tell them you are friend of Jimmy :)

Your "Karen woman" painting you're trying to sell on EBAY for $499.99 is racist.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
The viva autogroup are a bunch of little bitches. I don't know if it is common practice now, but I was buying a car from them and the sales person told me "let me see if it comes with spare tire"... I was like wtf do you mean let me check if it comes with a spare tire????? Car mats, too. I even had to argue about the tire air cap valves, bunch of bitches

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Most dealerships don’t even honor the price on the windshield. This isn’t Walmart where they have a policy to honor price mistakes. They have a disclaimer online. Yes it’s bs but technically legal. Why would you want to give them your business after this? Move on to a dealership with a better reputation.

A few years ago I was interested in buying a muscle car. A good friend suggested I take a look at the Ford GT350. I researched and started looking around. I called Shamaly because they had one online for like 42k. The girl that answered was happy that I was inquiring, but soon her manager got on and told me the price was a mistake of course. Also that the car wasn't even available yet. I suggested they get their act together. He agreed and apologized.

Later I got a call from my guy at CASA. They had received a red GT350. They marked up the MSRP 30k to 92K. I told him that was ridiculous, but he said dudes will come from Mexico with cash and buy the new models. Can't compete with that.

This whole dealership concept is outdated. Tesla does it right, cut out the middleman.

I don’t know. I don’t totally disagree, but can you test drive it before you put down money for one? It’s not like buying a toaster. It’s a significant investment. Part of going to dealer, especially one with more than one brand, is test driving a variety of vehicles.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
I don’t know. I don’t totally disagree, but can you test drive it before you put down money for one? It’s not like buying a toaster. It’s a significant investment. Part of going to dealer, especially one with more than one brand, is test driving a variety of vehicles.
In Cali you can test drive at the Tesla store, I know a lot of states are fighting Tesla because some laws on the books Don't allow "direct" sales for autos. Guess who lobbied and initiated many of those laws? Yes, you're correct local/state franchisee car dealerships. Anytime something saves money for the consumer they're always greedy assholes willing to say "not so fast".

I am a little afraid of Vroom or Carvana, but They sell tons of cars and a good priced car may only last an hour or so

In Cali you can test drive at the Tesla store, I know a lot of states are fighting Tesla because some laws on the books Don't allow "direct" sales for autos. Guess who lobbied and initiated many of those laws? Yes, you're correct local/state franchisee car dealerships. Anytime something saves money for the consumer they're always greedy assholes willing to say "not so fast".
Same reason why marijuana is illegal in the 1st place.

Reactions: develman
Well, that's what they cost. It doesn't include a dealership mark up of 8 to 10 percent. Up to 15 percent for luxury cars. If you can't afford a Tesla that's a different subject.

If you’re buying 41k cars at the minimum, you’re probably not worried about a $4,000 markup.

Tesla isn’t for an everyday consumer. Nobody goes to the Ford lot looking at Focus’ and is going to turn around and buy a Tesla.

How much money does it cost to Charge a Tesla at a Supercharging station like the one at Rudy's? A Tesla travels like about 300 miles right? Also, do all electric models use the same standard charging ports? Can I charge a leaf at a Tesla Station?

If you’re buying 41k cars at the minimum, you’re probably not worried about a $4,000 markup.

Tesla isn’t for an everyday consumer. Nobody goes to the Ford lot looking at Focus’ and is going to turn around and buy a Tesla.
Yes, but don't you see if the other manufacturers had a similar sales model, that Ford Focus would save the consumer a couple of thousand dollars?

I'm not advocating people should buy Teslas, I'm applauding they removed markups, and it saves money. If applied across the board it would save money from the person buying a Kia Rio to a Mercedes Benz.

BTW do you think if a person can afford a 40k car they wouldn't want to save $4000? You don't know any wealthy people, do you?

Reactions: MineroFanatico
How much money does it cost to Charge a Tesla at a Supercharging station like the one at Rudy's? A Tesla travels like about 300 miles right? Also, do all electric models use the same standard charging ports? Can I charge a leaf at a Tesla Station?
20 to 25 dollars.

Reactions: kickballpro
Yes, but don't you see if the other manufacturers had a similar sales model, that Ford Focus would save the consumer a couple of thousand dollars?

I'm not advocating people should buy Teslas, I'm applauding they removed markups, and it saves money. If applied across the board it would save money from the person buying a Kia Rio to a Mercedes Benz.

BTW do you think if a person can afford a 40k car they wouldn't want to save $4000? You don't know any wealthy people, do you?

Sure it would save people money, but how many car salesman would be out of a job, what are those guys supposed to do for a living now?

I already posted it, but $4,000 extra over 72 months is $55. If you can afford to buy a 41k vehicle, $55 a month isn’t shit. Sure, most people would love to save 4K, but the extra $55 is not going to prevent them for buying the vehicle

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT