Vs (6) Marshall

Who wins?

• UTEP

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Marshall

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, really sucks for them!! Much better to finish in 11th place and lose in the first round of the conference tournament
No one said it sucks for them, bro where do you come up with your responses out of nothing. I mentioned the CUSA tournament was cancelled and they're going to the Fanless NCAA which applies to everyone going. Never did I say UTEP was in a better position or it's a bad thing for N. Texas

Reactions: picks up
You mad
If you’re real about this UTEP athletics shit, you will send a nasty email to Senter and Wilson telling these frauds this is unacceptable as a paying fan. There has been zero improvement and zero accountability with Jim Senter and I’ve lost patience two years in.

I’ve been a life long UTEP supporter and recent donor and season ticket holder since 2004 with my grandfather who is also pissed the **** off, if you’re not frustrated with the inconsistent results of the past 12 years in both of our revenue sports, then you are apart of the god damn ****ing problem, this is the darkest period in UTEP athletics history and if you’re not ****ing pissed and upset like I am than **** you and leave this ****ing board this is unacceptable with the resources UTEP has compared to other G5 programs. Makes me sick as an El Pasoan. UTEP athletics is a complete joke ran by straight idiots, but your local media guys won’t hold anyone accountable because they don’t want their access denied.

**** everyone right now.
You mad bro?

Yeah, he’s finally looking comfortable in his role again. He doesn’t seem like a guy on the way out to me.

I don’t think it’s totally unreasonable for him to transfer. If his grandma gets sick again, could leave. Since that was the reason he gave.

I don’t think it’s totally unreasonable for him to transfer. If his grandma gets sick again, could leave. Since that was the reason he gave.

Trust me, I don’t discount ANYBODY leaving. However, Lathon doesn’t seem discontent from what I can tell, and got better and better over the last half to third of the season. I bet he stays.

Well I don’t have a source but I find it very interesting that the day after the UTEP basketball season ends, Lathon completely deleted his Twitter account. I don’t know. Seems weird to me.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Well I don’t have a source but I find it very interesting that the day after the UTEP basketball season ends, Lathon completely deleted his Twitter account. I don’t know. Seems weird to me.

That is interesting. I thought there was something you saw or heard. Didn’t think you’d throw anything baseless out there. Hmm!

It does. Unless the coronavirus infected his Twitter/instagram account.
The mom also tweeted out a cryptic message a few hours ago. “when you play silly games you win silly prices.” I don’t know, I get a vibe he’s done here.

The mom also tweeted out a cryptic message a few hours ago. “when you play silly games you win silly prices.” I don’t know, I get a vibe he’s done here.
The last time we tried reading the cryptic mom's Twitter tea leaves (during which time Lathon had entered the transfer portal), people declared that Lathon had already found another school. It turned out that Lathon was returning to the team.

The last time we tried reading the cryptic mom's Twitter tea leaves (during which time Lathon had entered the transfer portal), people declared that Lathon had already found another school. It turned out that Lathon was returning to the team.
No I actually said he was making his decision that day. Which he did. He decided to stay at UTEP. How do you explain him completely deleting his account within hours of the season ending?

No I actually said he was making his decision that day. Which he did. He decided to stay at UTEP. How do you explain him completely deleting his account within hours of the season ending?
Twitter is poisonous. Sometimes we just need a break from it, especially with all the noise going on right now.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
I'm wondering if Terry convinced Lathon/Hawkins/Stroud to delay any decision to transfer until the end of the season to see how things would play out. My thinking is that Terry could have told them that the school would approve their waiver to play next season, similar to what happened with Gilyard, instead of having to sit out a full year. In essence, they wouldn't have gained anything by transferring mid semester especially considering many schools would be without a scholarship to offer.

In Lathon's case, I do hope he sticks around. Although I am not convinced he can elevate a team as a point guard, it would be a shame not to benefit as a team from his "growing" pains the last two years. He definitely has played a ton of minutes, and you can't under estimate the importance of on court experience.

I know the game was overshadowed by poor coaching and some dumb mistakes, but how about the game by Lathon? Probably his 2nd best game as a miner outside of Marquette last year and the TT scrimmage. 22/11/6/1 steal and 2 blocks. He hit 5 3-pointers and 5/7 from the line.

Aside from being inconsistent we can all see his talent. I hope it works out for him here at UTEP.

On another note, Tydus had 4 blocks and his free throw shooting has improved tremendously. Had Terry adjusted on defense I think Tydus could have played an even bigger role.

Last edited:
Well if it weren't for his last performance against Marshall I wouldn't feel so bad. He was just so inconsistent. Once Efe leaves Terry will have turned over his entire freshman class. Not a good sign.

Stroud is a sure fire starter now. I guess Boum plays the point next year unless he can find somebody new to transfer in. We really need a shooter and a rebounder/rim defender too.

Not sure what to make of Kennedy yet. Not sure what to believe anymore.

Well if it weren't for his last performance against Marshall I wouldn't feel so bad. He was just so inconsistent. Once Efe leaves Terry will have turned over his entire freshman class. Not a good sign.

Stroud is a sure fire starter now. I guess Boum plays the point next year unless he can find somebody new to transfer in. We really need a shooter and a rebounder/rim defender too.

Great, more rebuilding years ahead! We’re lucky to have Coach Terry!!!!!

Reactions: Autograph Boy

I think it is highly likely Terry will bring in either a JC and/or Graduate transfer point guard. Terry mentioned, and I agree, that Boum is no more than a suitable backup at the point. To put Boum at the point takes away from the best parts of his offensive game; his spot is at the two. Also, it would be silly for Terry to count on a true freshman to come in and lead the team. I don't *think* Terry is as clueless as say Dimel.

On Stroud, if he sticks around, I wouldn't call him a sure fire starter. His defense needs major improvement, and Terry has shown he will sit guys who fail at that end. A lot will depend on who Terry can bring in, and how good Kennedy is. I can see a guy like Archie garnering minutes even though he is seriously offensively challenged. That said, I do hope Stroud can improve because we can see he has a high ceiling, based mostly on outstanding athleticism. He has a ton of potential.

On Efe, he is in a tough spot especially if Williams does stick around. I don't see Efe/Williams as complementary players. In short, I see playing mostly backup minutes next year behind Williams and Verhoeven.

Last edited:
If you’re real about this UTEP athletics shit, you will send a nasty email to Senter and Wilson telling these frauds this is unacceptable as a paying fan. There has been zero improvement and zero accountability with Jim Senter and I’ve lost patience two years in.

I’ve been a life long UTEP supporter and recent donor and season ticket holder since 2004 with my grandfather who is also pissed the **** off, if you’re not frustrated with the inconsistent results of the past 12 years in both of our revenue sports, then you are apart of the god damn ****ing problem, this is the darkest period in UTEP athletics history and if you’re not ****ing pissed and upset like I am than **** you and leave this ****ing board this is unacceptable with the resources UTEP has compared to other G5 programs. Makes me sick as an El Pasoan. UTEP athletics is a complete joke ran by straight idiots, but your local media guys won’t hold anyone accountable because they don’t want their access denied.

**** everyone right now.
Damn I was pretty drunk and mad when I typed this out. I still stand by it though.

#WashYourHands

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT