ADVERTISEMENT

Washburn on the verge of making NBA Debut

Love that he’s obviously continued to work his ass off.
Hopefully he has gotten rid of that atrocious jab step and has become a consistent attacking SF he should have always been at UTEP. His mid range and finishing were always on point, and I see now the NBA 3-point game is getting better. Given his defensive prowess, I wouldn't be suprised if he catches on.

Reactions: MinerManiac
Interesting that our 2013/2014 basketball team had:

- 1 future NFL player.
- 2 future NBA players, who would play in at least one regular season game.
- 2 more players who would make it to the NBA summer league.

So in summary, our roster that year had 5 different guys on it who would eventually touch the highest league in the world. Despite that, we finished 5th in our conference that season.

Reactions: axingfools1
Hopefully he has gotten rid of that atrocious jab step and has become a consistent attacking SF he should have always been at UTEP. His mid range and finishing were always on point, and I see now the NBA 3-point game is getting better. Given his defensive prowess, I wouldn't be suprised if he catches on.
"mid range, mid range, mid range" is what the NBA wants to see a player master. No mid range, no contract. That's what they say.

Interesting that our 2013/2014 basketball team had:

- 1 future NFL player.

So in summary, our roster that year had 5 different guys on it who would eventually touch the highest league in the world. Despite that, we finished 5th in our conference that season.

I assume that the 1 NFL player that you're referring to is Lang.

Aaron and Alvin Jones were added to that team when the gamblers were kicked off.

*2 NFL players
*1 guy that's getting a chance in the NFL.

"mid range, mid range, mid range" is what the NBA wants to see a player master. No mid range, no contract. That's what they say.

NBA wants 3 point shooters and dunkers and players that can attack the basket. Stephon Jackson had one of the best mid range shots and didnt get a shot.

I was referring to Aaron, but you do bring up a good point. While Cedrick Lang and Alvin Jones have never played in a NFL regular season game, they have played in NFL pre-season games. So after adding them, our 2014 basketball team had the following players on it's roster:

- 1 future NFL player.
- 2 more players who would play in a preseason NFL game.

Our 2013/2014 basketball team had 7 different players on the roster who would go on to receive at least some type of pay check from either the NBA or NFL.

I was referring to Aaron, but you do bring up a good point. While Cedrick Lang and Alvin Jones have never played in a NFL regular season game, they have played in NFL pre-season games. So after adding them, our 2014 basketball team had the following players on it's roster:

- 1 future NFL player.

Our 2013/2014 basketball team had 7 different players on the roster who would go on to receive at least some type of pay check from either the NBA or NFL.
* 3 Players played in NBA summer league from that team, McKenzie Moore played for Dallas in summer of 2016.

Never forget #GambleGate

It just keeps growing by the hour. Apparently this must have been our most talented UTEP team since 1966. So after adding McKenzie, here are the updated numbers:

- 1 future NFL player.
- 3 more players who would make it to the NBA summer league.

Our 2013/2014 basketball team had 8 different players on the roster who would go on to receive at least one pay check from either the NBA or NFL.

Last edited:
Is the 2014-2015 miner team NCAA caliber with McKenzie Moore?

Moore
Morris
Washburn
Hunter
Lang

Cooper
Harris
Caldwell
Vint
Willms

Played 1 minute tonight
....without his pops talking.
lavar.gif

He may actually benefit from this 2 way contract with Memphis since they are not doing well and contemplating getting rid of Gasol and Conley before free agency.

JDubb. Didn't I used to see you in Dallas sports bars? Happened to think about another regular way back when and wondered if you did as well. Remember Mc Kinney Miner? He's vanished.
No, I'm a local El Paso guy. Don't get up to Dallas very often. I remember McKinney Miner. I know some of our guys have passed away. Hope McKinney is doing well.

No, I'm a local El Paso guy. Don't get up to Dallas very often. I remember McKinney Miner. I know some of our guys have passed away. Hope McKinney is doing well.
He was relatively young... compared to me. Guessing he would be late 50's. Thx for your response.

I think the Grizzlies are going to start tanking . so they will be adding bunch of d league players. Gasol and Conely will probably get traded.

Is the 2014-2015 miner team NCAA caliber with McKenzie Moore?

Moore
Morris
Washburn
Hunter
Lang

Cooper
Harris
Caldwell
Vint
Willms
I saw this poll on Twitter that Marshall’s Elmore is closing in to become the CUSA all time leading scorer.

The #1 and #2 spots belong to UTEP and they both played together. It’s unbelievable they never made an NCAA tournament.

He's still on the verge. Another game last night and no Julian. A last place team and going nowhere are stuck with a losing lineup.

Julian got his first career start tonight. He played 31 minutes in a Memphis win. The Grizz are rumored to be blowing up the team before Thursday’s trade deadline. Memphis is looking to tank but the new young players have won a couple of games.

Shouldnt he have to play longer?

I absolutely get your point. But if I remember correctly Character has a photo up there and he wasn’t in the league too long. I think Washburn and Julyan Stone are two players that these new Miners should aspire to be like. They worked hard to accomplish their dreams of playing in The NBA, even if it is for a minute. And even guys like Culpepper and Hunter, those guys are still playing abroad and making money. Heck Tofi just retired from international ball a month or two ago.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT