ADVERTISEMENT

(Way too early) Men's basketball starting lineup predictions (22-23)

topminer

All Star
Sep 5, 2003
Well, I figure someone must start this. If someone is willing to put forth their prediction/suggestion for next year's possible starting lineup, please do so. I have been checking the backgrounds and stats of all our recruits, and all I can come up with is Sibley at small forward. I feel Kalu and Onyema will move into much larger roles (we have no choice), but I am still trying to make sense of the roles the new recruits will play. I have the feeling with Golding's philosophy/style of hoops we'll be seeing quite a bit of small, aggressive ball--which means we will need to go deep.

Why would we have depth problems ? I am assuming all the recruits signed are Goldings picks so he has to believe these guys can play in his system

Mario McKinney from NMSU might be a sleeper. McKinney Jr. was a four star recruit coming out high school in 2019, and was ranked 19th nationally at the point guard position.

Also, I'm expecting Big KK to exceed expectations.
I hope so

It's happened before and maybe we'll get lucky and see it happen again.
On rare occasions a freshman turns out to be
ready for prime time and mix it up with the experienced upper classes. Wouldn't it be great if Shamar #

Reactions: JCorona
...Sumlin can pull this off. He really has a motor along with talent to surprise!!!!!

Practice has already begun. Anyone able to get a sneak preview?

Yes, I heard that Coach Golding said this team is really good and these players fight hard every day in practice. He said these guys all are wonderful young men and the team is going to win some games this year.

Interesting question: Do you think this roster is more talented than the line up Golfing had at Abilene Christian his last 2 years? If the answers yes and we believe in Golding as a coach, maybe this year will surprise us. I still think we're barely a .500 squad, but I really don't know what to expect.

Reactions: mikesarabia
Interesting question: Do you think this roster is more talented than the line up Golfing had at Abilene Christian his last 2 years? If the answers yes and we believe in Golding as a coach, maybe this year will surprise us. I still think we're barely a .500 squad, but I really don't know what to expect.
How would a “reasonable” Miner fan know about ACU’s roster from 2019-2021? There’s probably zero Miner fans that saw anything from them besides Texas game.

How would a “reasonable” Miner fan know about ACU’s roster from 2019-2021? There’s probably zero Miner fans that saw anything from them besides Texas game.
Bro, don't be ridiculous! No one's suggesting that Miner fans watched the last 2 seasons of ACU while Golding was there. It's actually quite simple and the answer is No. Their talent was not better at least based on rankings of players. So moral of the story is Golding proved that his coaching could have talent step up and win in the NCAA. We're all not overly impressed with the recruits this year, but they're better rankings wise and have experience in D-1 and Juco levels. So let's see if he can coach them up. I'm interested to see how this team will gel, and all that matters is how they're playing once conference tournament time begins.

I am going to say right now the team is about a .500 team. I like going in the season thinking the team is average. If they do well, then it will be a surprise.

If we are lucky then Dos Anjos, Frazier and Zachery will contribute a decent amount. If we are REALLY lucky then McKinney will also be a lot better than we think. If we are SUPER LUCKY then either Kalu and/or Hamilton will also be able to give us a good 15-20 minutes in the paint and Sumlin will be a diamond in the rough.

Bro, don't be ridiculous! No one's suggesting that Miner fans watched the last 2 seasons of ACU while Golding was there. It's actually quite simple and the answer is No. Their talent was not better at least based on rankings of players. So moral of the story is Golding proved that his coaching could have talent step up and win in the NCAA. We're all not overly impressed with the recruits this year, but they're better rankings wise and have experience in D-1 and Juco levels. So let's see if he can coach them up. I'm interested to see how this team will gel, and all that matters is how they're playing once conference tournament time begins.
You asked if the roster was more talented than what Golding had at ACU. How would a Miner fan be able to determine that?

Reactions: denverutep
I think Hamilton could be starting?? Saw some of the highlights and he was playing on the same team with Solomon and Sibley . Looks like he moves well also.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT