ADVERTISEMENT

(Way too early) Men's basketball starting lineup predictions (22-23)

I think Hamilton could be starting?? Saw some of the highlights and he was playing on the same team with Solomon and Sibley . Looks like he moves well also.
I haven't really seen him in any of the highlights. I think he's probably 3rd on the depth chart at center.

I haven't really seen him in any of the highlights. I think he's probably 3rd on the depth chart at center.
i have seen highlights. The last highlight i saw he was on the same team with Sibley and Solomon. I think Sibley and Solomon are starters, so why would he be on their team? Yes it could be Golding is just seeing what he has and mixing it up. The other reason, is he could be starting.

i have seen highlights. The last highlight i saw he was on the same team with Sibley and Solomon. I think Sibley and Solomon are starters, so why would he be on their team? Yes it could be Golding is just seeing what he has and mixing it up. The other reason, is he could be starting.
He could be, but I don't think so. I think Z will be the starter. Please post the highlight.

The one thing that hints at Hamilton maybe being better than I/we think is that as soon as Golding nabbed him, all efforts to find a big ceased. It’s like Golding was completely content with Hamilton, Kalu and Z.

I’m hoping that Z’s game has improved to the point that he can be an effective PF on both sides of the court, rather than the hybrid 4-5 he’s been playing. He gives it his all but he’s on the smallish side to be a true 5, imo. Unless he’s continued to grow, which is quite possible.

The one thing that hints at Hamilton maybe being better than I/we think is that as soon as Golding nabbed him, all efforts to find a big ceased. It’s like Golding was completely content with Hamilton, Kalu and Z.

I’m hoping that Z’s game has improved to the point that he can be an effective PF on both sides of the court, rather than the hybrid 4-5 he’s been playing. He gives it his all but he’s on the smallish side to be a true 5, imo. Unless he’s continued to grow, which is quite possible.
That and he wants a bunch of 6'6" to 6'8" guys that can go hard for 20-25 min, or he just wasn't able to find any more bigs. He has already offered a few more bigs for next year though.

That and he wants a bunch of 6'6" to 6'8" guys that can go hard for 20-25 min, or he just wasn't able to find any more bigs. He has already offered a few more bigs for next year though.
Maybe I am crazy but I don't think you need a big to win in basketball today. 6'4-6'8 guys who can defend/switch, shoot and are athletic.

Reactions: topminer
I think so. I think they were scrimmaging and he was on the same team with Sibley and Solomon, i couldnt see who else was on his team. But i would have to guess that Sibley and Solomon are for sure starters. Well you know Hamilton does have more playing experience than Kalu and Z. Isnt Hamilton older? Even though its only juco college he is still playing against college players.

• Played in 30 games, including 23 starts, as a freshman for Bossier Parish Community College in 2021-22
  • Averaged 11.0 points on 69.9 percent shooting (153-219)
  • Shot below 50 percent in just two games on the campaign
  • Also blocked 26 shots on the year, with two rejections in eight different contests
  • Reached double figures in scoring in 18 games in 2021-22, including a career-high 20 points on 10-11 shooting from the floor in a victory at Baton Rouge Community College (11/21/21)
  • Also had 12 rebounds in the game to notch a double-double
  • Posted a double-double with 14 points and a career-best 14 boards at Lamar State College-Port Arthur (1/8/22)
  • Tallied 12 points while pulling down 10 rebounds against Northwestern State University JV (1/17/22)
  • Recorded his final double-double (16 points, 10 boards) of the season at Tyler Junior College (2/26/22)
  • Went 9-10 for 18 points in a win at Coastal Bend College (1/3/22)
  • Appeared in 15 contests for BPCC in 2020-21
  • Previously was an All-District performer at Broadmoor HS in Baton Rouge, La

Maybe I am crazy but I don't think you need a big to win in basketball today. 6'4-6'8 guys who can defend/switch, shoot and are athletic.
Butler did show that to be true back in 2010 and 2011 with back to back trips to the ship. Howard, their big, was only 6’8”. However, he was Mr. Fundamental. Had a very high bb IQ.

It’s definitely a luxury to have a quality big man…even in this day and age.

Butler did show that to be true back in 2010 and 2011 with back to back trips to the ship. Howard, their big, was only 6’8”. However, he was Mr. Fundamental. Had a very high bb IQ.

It’s definitely a luxury to have a quality big man…even in this day and age.
Villanova (2nd championship), Virginia and Baylor did the same. Although they had some bigs, they weren't big contributors.

Pretty good way of putting it. He was raw last year but got some good pt. Hope his summer is going well.
As I said before; Noone has a more active motor than Z. He is loaded with energy in addition to his athleticism. The coaches need to address his ability to play "D" without fouling, control his energy without sacrificing his ability to be physical and teach him to shoot free throws as he will no doubt be spending
a lot of time at the line.
I think he has unlimited potential.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT