ADVERTISEMENT

Well, the anticipation has been high but everyone is here

Douchebags must douchebag.
It's what they do.
Meanwhile, I can't wait to see how this team is put together. Just not having Cooper makes us a threat to win more than our share of games as far as I'm concerned. The bigs are the ones I'm interested in watching to see how they impact the game.

21 games is nothing great when 75% of your schedule is against junior college level teams.
Terrible Schedule I admit, but how many non D1 schools are on the regular Season Schedule out of curiosity? Are there any?

I was curious about that too, so I tried to answer the question via the basketball schedule that supposed to be posted on this site. Unfortunately, the site moderator hasn't updated it yet.

Thankfully, Miner Rush has it.

2015-16 UTEP Men's Basketball Schedule

Oct. 31 Cameron (EXB)

Nov. 7 East Central Oklahoma (EXB)

Nov. 14 Loyola (New Orleans)

Nov. 21 Texas State

Nov. 22 Alcorn State+

Nov. 24 Florida A&M+

Nov. 27-28 at Corpus Christi Coastal Classic

Dec. 2 at NM State

Dec. 5 UT Arlington

Dec. 13 at Washington State

Dec. 19 NM State

Dec. 21 Norfolk State#

Dec. 22 Sam Houston State/UC Irvine#

Dec. 29 UT Rio Grande Valley

Jan. 1 Rice*

Jan. 3 North Texas*

Jan. 7 at Middle Tennessee*

Jan. 9 at UAB*

Jan. 16 at UTSA*

Jan. 21 Florida Atlantic*

Jan. 23 FIU*

Jan. 28 at Southern Miss*

Jan. 30 at LA Tech*

Feb. 4 Marshall*

Feb. 6 Western Kentucky*

Feb. 11 at FIU*

Feb. 13 at Florida Atlantic*

Feb. 18 Southern Miss*

Feb. 20 LA Tech*

Feb. 25 at Old Dominion*

Feb. 27 at Charlotte*

March 5 UTSA*

March 8-12 at C-USA

Aside from the two exhibition games, I don't see any non-D1 teams. I could be mistaken.

This is a young team the schedule was made for the team to gel and by March to make the tournament because by then they will be clicking and have the confidence to do so

This is a young team the schedule was made for the team to gel and by March to make the tournament because by then they will be clicking and have the confidence to do so

Just curious- and I'm not trying to be negative (I really hope this happens)- but what makes you think this young team will be clicking and having confidence by March?

Look at UBA they did it last year I just really feel good bout this team, it's my opinion, it'll be a struggle because they will have to learn the defense first but if they can gel offensively by February I think good things will happen

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
Just curious- and I'm not trying to be negative (I really hope this happens)- but what makes you think this young team will be clicking and having confidence by March?

Take conference mate ODU, started off like gang busters. Peaked quickly behind their then hot freshman Freeman, but fizzled like a cheap firecracker and lost to MTSU in tourney. You want to play well against top teams in OOC games, but's it's the February to March games when the boys are separated from the men. And to get over that hump you need mentally strong leaders, usually your pg, (with strong play from your forward and center; hence the absolute essential signing of Jones too). That's where Artis comes in. Floyd believes the missing puzzle to get UTEP the conference crown and/or auto bid is solid, smart and tough guard play and he hasn't had that since Culpepper (who was a Barbee recruit). Well, that's the story I've read, heard and witnessed and I'm sticking to it.

Reactions: mine n for gold
Take conference mate ODU, started off like gang busters. Peaked quickly behind their then hot freshman Freeman, but fizzled like a cheap firecracker and lost to MTSU in tourney. You want to play well against top teams in OOC games, but's it's the February to March games when the boys are separated from the men. And to get over that hump you need mentally strong leaders, usually your pg, (with strong play from your forward and center; hence the absolute essential signing of Jones too). That's where Artis comes in. Floyd believes the missing puzzle to get UTEP the conference crown and/or auto bid is solid, smart and tough guard play and he hasn't had that since Culpepper (who was a Barbee recruit). Well, that's the story I've read, heard and witnessed and I'm sticking to it.
Just as an FYI, Freeman from ODU was a junior last year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT