ADVERTISEMENT

Western Kentucky is in the central time zone.

My theory is that UTEP's goal this season was to end the losing streak. That was the glue that bound the team together and explains their strong showings against some of the best teams in the conference.

Well, now that they beat Rice, they no longer have that goal. No more glue.

Terrible start for the Miners. You can’t spot a team three touch downs and expect to win. This is one of the worst teams in the nation and we’re making them look like Alabama. This team was not prepared to play today.

We need to recruit a solid JC quarterback or pick up a good transfer for next year. The two QBs we have now are not D1 quality. The offense will continue to struggle next year unless we get a QB who can be an efficient passer. These two QBs aren’t getting the job done! Maybe we can move Locksley to WR next year.

Wow I thought they improved, my bad!
I'm almost as disappointed in the defense. At least on offense, we know we've lost our best QB (Metz). But each of the turnovers, the defense has just rolled over. The seas have parted.

I think you've got to go with Jones. They've both thrown a pair of interceptions, but at least Jones has some completions to Miners, too.

What is the rationale for burning Jones redshirt.

This was explained earlier in the season, but Brandon Jones does not have a redshirt year available to use at UTEP. His extra(redshirt) year was used prior to him arriving here. His first year of playing at Ventura College was the 2015 season and next year will be his 5th and final season since that 5 year clock started(2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019). He only had 2 years left when he arrived at UTEP, so there was never an option to redshirt him.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
This was explained earlier in the season, but Brandon Jones does not have a redshirt year available to use at UTEP. His extra(redshirt) year was used prior to him arriving here. His first year of playing at Ventura College was the 2015 season and next year will be his 5th and final season since that 5 year clock started(2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019). He only had 2 years left when he arrived at UTEP, so there was never an option to redshirt him.

Thanks for explanation. I missed that earlier in the year.

Reactions: UTEPDefense
UTEP won the third quarter. That's something. Maybe the game would have been competitive without all the interceptions.

The Miners have shut Western Kentucky out during the second half. This would have been a game if we didn't piss it away in the first quarter. Oh, what could have been. Glad to see the Miners didn't quit and put up a fight in the second half. I hope we learned something about our quarterbacks and apply this knowledge in the future.

I'm a little late to the party, but didn't we already sign our QB of the future?TJ something? I can't remember his name, but I do remember seeing some of his highlights this year and they were impressive.

Let it roll with Jones. Or put in Fernandez. Or not...I just don't know

Reactions: axingfools1
I'm a little late to the party, but didn't we already sign our QB of the future?TJ something? I can't remember his name, but I do remember seeing some of his highlights this year and they were impressive.

Let it roll with Jones. Or put in Fernandez. Or not...I just don't know
Gues the coach doesn’t know either.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT