ADVERTISEMENT

WestStar Bank Sun Bowl Invitational

Cube Jack

MI Hall of Famer
Mar 10, 2006
El Paso, TX
UC Irvine is running away with the first game. This Collin Welp guy plays strong and this guard Leonard can shoot well. Not impressed at all with Kent State, who is getting forced to take a bunch of jumpers.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Was thinking about going tonight but saw the ticket map and realized there would be no atmosphere

Kent St would have made a better championship game. Oh well. This year we have to finally win this stupid tournament

It sucks right now compared to how it use to be but I would like to see it hang around and improve. A tournament that is almost 60 years is rare. I don’t know how but it needs to get better.
Kent St. won this tourney during the Haskins years. So did Detroit Mercy. Strong mid-majors have always been part of this tourney. It's tough to attract the power conferences anymore, but I still think it's worth bringing in some 20+ win mid-majors.

Kent St. won this tourney during the Haskins years. So did Detroit Mercy. Strong mid-majors have always been part of this tourney. It's tough to attract the power conferences anymore, but I still think it's worth bringing in some 20+ win mid-majors.
That’s exactly what they did. I think we need to bring in those types of teams but ones people are more familiar with.

I think this field is okay. I only have issue with UCI coming all the time. I have no problem with having mid majors, but let’s get some new faces.

You all want cheese with your whine?
cute-crying-baby-e1444723335206-519x400.jpg

Reactions: FeralFelidae
It sucks right now compared to how it use to be but I would like to see it hang around and improve. A tournament that is almost 60 years is rare. I don’t know how but it needs to get better.

It's not going to get better. It's time to end the tournament. Nobody cares about it.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
Yes all 10 of you. The average fan doesn't care about North Carolina A&T. I would rather play 2 OOC games on the road against ranked teams.
We can still do that and keep this tournament. Substitute the New Mexico and Oklahoma D2 schools with road games against top 25 teams.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
Yes all 10 of you. The average fan doesn't care about North Carolina A&T. I would rather play 2 OOC games on the road against ranked teams.
To be fair, the opening game for UTEP is usually against a cupcake, even during the Haskins years. (There are a handful of exceptions.)

Refs are horrible, as usual, but still doesn't excuse our poor play.

Don't know what it is about this team but they've looked sloppy and out of sync all season. Starting to believe this is our identity, unfortunately

Well, technically these are OOC games. And Math is definitely not your strongest subject.

2 OUT OF CONFERENCE GAMES ON THE ROAD AGAINST RANKED TEAMS

Please learn how to read before you call other people out.

Obviously I was being facetious about 10 people in the stands.

Refs are horrible, as usual, but still doesn't excuse our poor play.

Don't know what it is about this team but they've looked sloppy and out of sync all season. Starting to believe this is our identity, unfortunately
We are playing the bench players heavily this half; it's by design, I'm pretty sure.

I think UTEP won't be messing around during the 2nd half.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT