ADVERTISEMENT

What do you expect?

A bunch of us were wrong if that's so. I think most thought it would be Efe, Tarke, Edwards, Williams and Lathon. It'll be fun to watch all the combinations that RT uses and there should be several.
Some people had mentioned Vila because of his ability to stretch the floor. Hopefully he can rebound well and block shots too. After listening to Terry talk, Odigie needs to pick up the pace and Edwards is still not fully conditioned. I'm surprised about Tarke, but I expect him to come off the bench early. It may be his defense and free throw shooting that need work.

Some people had mentioned Vila because of his ability to stretch the floor. Hopefully he can rebound well and block shots too. After listening to Terry talk, Odigie needs to pick up the pace and Edwards is still not fully conditioned. I'm surprised about Tarke, but I expect him to come off the bench early. It may be his defense and free throw shooting that need work.
I think an improved Hawkins makes sense in a three guard rotation. He showed some flashes last year and brings some nice athleticism. Really the important things to look at are minutes played, and who is on the court at the end of games. I like that Terry is challenging Odigie. I would still see Efe garnering at least 20 minutes a game; and that number may be similar to several other guys on the team based on the depth.

The day is here. Let's just enjoy the scrimmage. It doesn't count nor has any prognosticating meaning on the season.

Reactions: Lil_Train
I think an improved Hawkins makes sense in a three guard rotation. He showed some flashes last year and brings some nice athleticism. Really the important things to look at are minutes played, and who is on the court at the end of games. I like that Terry is challenging Odigie. I would still see Efe garnering at least 20 minutes a game; and that number may be similar to several other guys on the team based on the depth.
An improved Hawkins would indeed be grounds for excitement, because he was a major disappointment last year. His 13 ppg was deceiving as his fg percentage was a terrible 34% and 3pt shooting was 27%. The potential is still there, but would love to see a miraculous turn around. There are many other options at guard and I figured he was destined for the bench, so GO HAWKEYE... make me eat my words.

An improved Hawkins would indeed be grounds for excitement, because he was a major disappointment last year. His 13 ppg was deceiving as his fg percentage was a terrible 34% and 3pt shooting was 27%. The potential is still there, but would love to see a miraculous turn around. There are many other options at guard and I figured he was destined for the bench, so GO HAWKEYE... make me eat my words.
Offensively, his percentages were not good, but he did show an ability to attack the basket and get fouled. Every team needs that type of guy. He also needs to cut down his turnovers. Defensively, he improved as the year progressed. He wasn't a shut down guy by any means, but his athleticism and effort are promising defensively. Being able to defend is going to be a huge factor this season. Those guys that can, will get more playing time.

Offensively, his percentages were not good, but he did show an ability to attack the basket and get fouled. Every team needs that type of guy. He also needs to cut down his turnovers. Defensively, he improved as the year progressed. He wasn't a shut down guy by any means, but his athleticism and effort are promising defensively. Being able to defend is going to be a huge factor this season. Those guys that can, will get more playing time.
Agreed. I'm not completely sold on his offensive style, but he is aggressive and athletic. He is not timid, and that's a good thing, especially on defense and driving to the hole. Hopefully he worked hard on his shooting and this summer and that ittranslates. With better shot selection and free throw shooting he can be a big contributor.

Reactions: Lil_Train
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT