ADVERTISEMENT

What is happening to the Womens Basketball

MinerStorm

High school stud
May 7, 2008
Coach Baker has lost all of his assistant coaches and leading scorer and rebounder. Looks like the wheels are coming off the bus!

Reactions: minermx07
They’ll be fine even without Puc and the assistants who left. Well have 2-3 seniors such as Zec and Rochelle with experience and combined that with the newcomers I think this team is capable of surprising a lot of people. Katia Gallegos is one of the freshman to look out for and can provided much needed offense to a team that was completely depleted from all the injuries last year. So I wouldn’t look too much into what happened in the off-season but rather to the future with all the talent that Coach Baker is bringing in.

Reactions: Cube Jack

"Even if Alexa Hoy and Ariana Taylor improve offensively, the Miners will need at least three impact scorers in order to compete in the top half of C-USA next season. The team has three spots open, and the coaching staff is working to solidify the roster during the late recruiting period, which begins in April."

http://www.elpasoinc.com/lifestyle/...cle_730aee84-51a5-11e9-b246-f711fd6d67a7.html

I smell boyfriend and/or wants to play in post season?

There was a mass exodus after his first year here as well. Bigwood alluded to something negative in his past but never came clean on what it was.

Reactions: minerfan_14
It sounds like his assistants all found better jobs elsewhere. That's good for them but makes UTEP look cheap in the payroll department. At least they were moving either upward or onward, and not getting fired for misconduct or some such BS. As far as last season goes, it seems that injuries pulled the wheels off the wagon, after the hype over the recruits Baker brought in. I'll give Baker another season, but he'd better show a lot better than he has. The clock is ticking for him.

Reactions: minerfan_14
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT