ADVERTISEMENT

What is with all the penalties?

In my opinion Dimel’s teams have never had a lot of discipline in this arena. There are lots of procedural penalties that are almost completely on the coaches, such as too many men in the backfield (5), 12 men in the huddle, etc. but the worst by far are the 15-yard variety. I see unsportsmanlike conduct called too often and those should be inexcusable. UTEP has to clean all of this up before lining up against better talent in the upcoming weeks. Last night I saw at least three drives killed in Wildcat territory that amounted to no points following penalties on early downs that pushed the Miners back. Those were missed opportunities that really could have put UTEP in position to run away with it.

It sucks that we're in year 4 and still making fundamental mistakes and struggling to best FCS teams. I would like us to dominate FCS teams the way everyone else in our conference did against their FCS opponents.

Forget about beating a P5 (Duke, Illinois) or embarrassing an AAC school.

Some schools make good hires that show results fairly quickly (UTSA, Charlotte, Marshall) and others hire Dimel.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT