ADVERTISEMENT

Whats so great about Lucy's??

FiliUTEP

MI Miner Maniac
Feb 1, 2010
Why does El Paso overhype everything?? Lucy's is just like every Mexican restaurant in El Paso.

Why does El Paso overhype everything?? Lucy's is just like every Mexican restaurant in El Paso.

Right!

I ate there once and it had way too many raw onions.

There's a place in Van Horn called Chuy's that John Madden used to stop and eat at. So we were coming back from Dallas, stopped there, and Chuy's would go out of business if it were in El Paso.

• Haha
Reactions: mineralum94
If Lucy's so great why hasn't it expanded or got bigger?? Its still in the same little place. Whens the last time the place got a remodel??Are the owners millionaires??

Reactions: kickballpro
I left EP in '77. I read that Lucy's wasn't founded until '78. Is that correct? I'm never in EP long enough during my visits to make every great favorite on mine; Leo's, Avila's, L & J, Kiki's, Julio's and now I feel compelled to try one of the Lucy's (I see there's four of them).
BTW, what was the place in The Gunnings- Casteel in Five Points. Wasn't that a Lucy's?

Don't know if Haskins ate at Lucy's but he was next door at the King's X many a night, hustled pool and had many a beer. He hit the Coachman's Lounge near downtown a lot as well, pretty much where ever there was a pool table and beer you had a chance of running into him.

My dad was a bit of a pool hustler and said sometimes Haskins would show up and shoot at the bar in Central EP he used to hang out at. Think it was called The Lion's Den or something like that?

On a recent trip back to EP, I actually went to Rosa's for the first time. Neat place and I'd go again. Couple at the next table from Atlanta on their way to Albuquerque made it a point to go there because of Marty Robbins. It's got a certain charm and I think Don spent more time there than anywhere else.

My dad was a bit of a pool hustler and said sometimes Haskins would show up and shoot at the bar in Central EP he used to hang out at. Think it was called The Lion's Den or something like that?

My dad would play pool with Don Haskins at the Lions Den. He was stationed at Ft Bliss and would go after work. Coach Haskins would play for a $100 a game. My dad would play him for $10 a game.

But The Lions Den was the spot.

Right!

There's a place in Van Horn called Chuy's that John Madden used to stop and eat at. So we were coming back from Dallas, stopped there, and Chuy's would go out of business if it were in El Paso.
That place is awesome. Maddens favorite dish there was chicken picado

Right!

True that place sucks

Reactions: Cube Jack
My dad would play pool with Don Haskins at the Lions Den. He was stationed at Ft Bliss and would go after work. Coach Haskins would play for a $100 a game. My dad would play him for $10 a game.

But The Lions Den was the spot.

My dad was a soldier as well. I bet our dads knew each other. I may remember the names of some of his drinking and pool buddies, but he passed away several years ago so I can't ask him. If your dad is still alive you might ask him about Sgt. Sams.

Almost as overrated as In and Out Burger

In and Out is one of those places that if you’re from California it’s the best, or if you’re from Texas it’s Whataburger.

Whataburger is 10 times better than In and Out.

I love me some Whataburger, but a double double animal style is my favorite fast food burger. And I'll certainly take either way over a double order with (government) cheese.

In and Out is one of those places that if you’re from California it’s the best, or if you’re from Texas it’s Whataburger.
I disagree, but it's all good. I'm Texas born and raised and I don't get the obsession here with Shittyburger. Meat is cheap AF and the bread is as well. French fries? I'll give them that. Otherwise I think they are way way way overrated. But oh well. :D

As for Lucy's being overrated, I feel like that about Chipotle. And it's expensive. But again to each his own right?

Reactions: Rocketsr
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT