ADVERTISEMENT

When does the Mens Basketball Schedule come out???

FiliUTEP

MI Miner Maniac
Feb 1, 2010
And they have the nerve to ask to buy season tickets.. Isnt it late???

Seems like we are always one of the last teams to release the schedule every year

As of yesterday, 84 out of 358 D1 teams have released their non conference schedule. UTEP is part of the 77% that haven’t.

I have no problem calling out UTEP, but they’re like most teams this year. I don’t blame UTEP for selling season tickets without a schedule. They have many dumb season ticket holders that allow them to pepper the schedule with trash teams and keep buying. Why do better, when you don’t have to?

Reactions: FeralFelidae
Yes the old dumb season ticket holders is the reason why UTEP doesn't have good teams at home.

I looked over some of the past scheduling of the top teams in our conference and I see a lot of similarities between their schedules and ours. We're all lucky if we get one decent team at home.

Yes the old dumb season ticket holders is the reason why UTEP doesn't have good teams at home.

I looked over some of the past scheduling of the top teams in our conference and I see a lot of similarities between their schedules and ours. We're all lucky if we get one decent team at home.

Well dont ticket sales pay our coaches??
So it's not all stupid.

I looked at the CUSA site. Teams that are going to a preseason tourney have announced their schedules. Many teams are still showing last season's schedule, some like UTEP and UTSA are only showing regular season games but not preseason. So we are ahead of some teams and a little behind some others.

You’re right. We should just be like all the other CUSA teams and we’re lucky to get what we get. It’s okay to be like Rice right? Never mind they haven’t been to the NCAA since 1970 and are lucky to get 1,500 a game. Let’s look at their schedule

Pepperdine
Southern
Texas St
Jarvis Christian
Incarnate Word
St Thomas

A WCC and Sun Belt team are highlights. They’re playing 2 D2 teams like UTEP does. UTEP plays SWAC and SLC teams too. I guess the NMSU game and occasional Lobo game set us apart from them? Despite having 4,000ish season ticket holders and having accomplishments in the past. Why try to be better, when we can just be like Rice basketball?

You’re an Austin FC fan right? Imagine your front office came out and said “we want to be like Vancouver, Dallas, and Houston”. “We’re not going to bring in big players like Galaxy or Atlanta”. “We should just accept mediocrity and make the playoffs every 3 seasons or so, how does that sound?”

You’re right. We should just be like all the other CUSA teams and we’re lucky to get what we get. It’s okay to be like Rice right? Never mind they haven’t been to the NCAA since 1970 and are lucky to get 1,500 a game. Let’s look at their schedule

Pepperdine
Southern
Texas St
Jarvis Christian
Incarnate Word
St Thomas

A WCC and Sun Belt team are highlights. They’re playing 2 D2 teams like UTEP does. UTEP plays SWAC and SLC teams too. I guess the NMSU game and occasional Lobo game set us apart from them? Despite having 4,000ish season ticket holders and having accomplishments in the past. Why try to be better, when we can just be like Rice basketball?

You’re an Austin FC fan right? Imagine your front office came out and said “we want to be like Vancouver, Dallas, and Houston”. “We’re not going to bring in big players like Galaxy or Atlanta”. “We should just accept mediocrity and make the playoffs every 3 seasons or so, how does that sound?”
This is not a problem unique to UTEP. Every conference team struggles getting quality opponents at home. Some of them have won NCAA games after 92.

Yes that's basically what the front office has told us with the roster they built. We're in desperate need of a striker and instead of getting a proven #10 they found some guy they can buy cheap from France's second division. I would love if Austin FC were mediocre instead of dead last fuc*ing place.

Answer me this....NoWins is on my ignore list but his SH!T still winds up on my page. I'm sure others are having this problem too. How do I send this posts to the dumpster?
Unfortunately, adults who aren’t big pussies like you (Corona, Unihorn, others) sometimes quote my posts and there’s nothing you can do about it. Take an extra half second and scroll past it or grow a pair.

This is not a problem unique to UTEP. Every conference team struggles getting quality opponents at home. Some of them have won NCAA games after 92.

Yes that's basically what the front office has told us with the roster they built. We're in desperate need of a striker and instead of getting a proven #10 they found some guy they can buy cheap from France's second division. I would love if Austin FC were mediocre instead of dead last fuc*ing place.
I am not talking about just winning tournament games. UTEP pretty much leads CUSA in attendance most years, so we should have better schedules than most. Being content with having the same schedule as FIU, Rice, UTSA, FAU, and UNT isn’t something we should be proud about.

You really don’t expect Austin to be competitive right off the bat do you? It’s only year 1 and it’s very unrealistic to expect success right away, even in a salaried capped league.

That's fine for a warm up. Arizona and UNM play them too. I do hope though that we aren't also playing NM Highlands, ENMU and Northern New Mexico.
I bet there’s at least 1 more D2 school. But hey, can’t complain about opponents here, we’re lucky to even have a D1 team!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT