ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the greatest Latino to ever play and/or coach (American) football?

Aaron isn't Latino.

pjimage-4908.jpg

As far as head coaches the field is pretty narrow: Tom Fears, Tom Flores, Jim Mora, Wayne Fontes (Portuguese, does that count?), Jim L. Mora, Ron Rivera and Jack Del Rio. I guess it's easily Tom Flores.

Joe Kapp: Mexican-German descent. athlete, coach & actor.

Was fun to watch as QB for the Vikings. Was a vicious competitor. Played in one Super Bowl, too bad he was on the losing side

WTF you Cowgirl fans!! No mention of Tony Casillas who parted DL for Smith?!

WTF you Cowgirl fans!! No mention of Tony Casillas who parted DL for Smith?!

The question was the asking for the GREATEST latino to play the game. Casillas was good...not great...far from the greatest. Coming from a lifelong Cowboy fan.

Always difficult when comparing apples to oranges but Gonzalez was the epitome of GREATNESS. My only choice, distantly followed by Munoz.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
Tony Casillas was on a great OU defense with Bosworth and Mugliazzo. He was a bust in Atlanta then revitalized his career in Dallas. With the Chiefs and Jets he didn't do much. He was a capable role player but not even the best player on that defense let alone the best Hispanic Defender ever

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Ok coog, does working your ass off to get to the top count on sniff test?:p
"Minnesota Vikings safety Andrew Sendejo is quite the success story. The 30-year-old of Mexican descent started his career in the minor leagues after going undrafted in the 2010 NFL draft. From there he worked his way up from an NFL practice squad, became a rotation player and eventually a starter."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/latinos-leave-their-mark-nfl-season-n819796

Haha. C’mon 2step, we’re not talking everybody gets a trophy here. Not looking for the hardest working. The GREATEST...that’s what is being asked.

Sendejo, I root for. He went to HS right down the road from where I reside. Coached against him on the soccer pitch. Was a damn futbol(er) too. Was with the good guys (Cowboys) for a short time. Great SUCCESS story. Not a GREAT footballer. Sorry, fails sniff test.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT