ADVERTISEMENT

Who showed up @ Utep FB Camp?

FiliUTEP

MI Miner Maniac
Feb 1, 2010
Is there like a list somewhere where we can see who showed up? Any top players? For local news media this would be a good story idea. Maybe a article or story about who showed up?

Is there like a list somewhere where we can see who showed up? Any top players? For local news media this would be a good story idea. Maybe a article or story about who showed up?
That you have to do a little digging in the recruiting sites, regional high school football sites and social media sites. El Paso has one or two resourceful one but I have not glanced at them on over a year. Just "string" your search on Google and social sites.

Or just call the front office.:p

A whole bunch of El Paso kids who never see a D-1 offer, and three or four scholarship worthy players from out of town, nothing really special, a camp in El Paso is nothing but a money maker for the program....There is a legit kicker out of El Paso Coronado Juan Pablo Romero to keep an eye on.

Reactions: minermx07
A whole bunch of El Paso kids who never see a D-1 offer, and three or four scholarship worthy players from out of town, nothing really special, a camp in El Paso is nothing but a money maker for the program....There is a legit kicker out of El Paso Coronado Juan Pablo Romero to keep an eye on.

How can they get better players to show? Phoenix and Tucson isnt a far drive.

How can they get better players to show? Phoenix and Tucson isnt a far drive.
Simple answer: WIN during the regular season and build hype that way...

El Paso's top FBS prospect was at a camp in Colorado this weekend that should tell you this UTEP camp isn't churning out the next UTEP and C-USA stars....Just not enough clout or hype for a recruit from Dallas, Phoenix, or Cali to road trip to El Paso on their parents dime when there are bigger and better camps closer to them. It's tough imo, but the positive is UTEP is having a presence at these other satellite camps where there is legit talent... Those camps hold way more weight for the future in my opinion.

Simple answer: WIN during the regular season and build hype that way...

El Paso's top FBS prospect was at a camp in Colorado this weekend that should tell you this UTEP camp isn't churning out the next UTEP and C-USA stars....Just not enough clout or hype for a recruit from Dallas, Phoenix, or Cali to road trip to El Paso on their parents dime when there are bigger and better camps closer to them. It's tough imo, but the positive is UTEP is having a presence at these other satellite camps where there is legit talent... Those camps hold way more weight for the future in my opinion.

I think its okay if low key players show up. If its freshman and sophmores that are showing up. Who knows maybe they improve in their Junior and senior years.

If the UTEP staff can make a name for themselves here, and have a presence both home and away for these camps, the future can look bright. They just have to keep at it. And even if they don't get many big time talents to show for the local camps, as long as the local athletes feel they're getting something out of it, it's good for the program to be seen and heard. Fan involvement so to speak. And if they make some money off of it, that's not the worst thing I've heard.

If the UTEP staff can make a name for themselves here, and have a presence both home and away for these camps, the future can look bright. They just have to keep at it. And even if they don't get many big time talents to show for the local camps, as long as the local athletes feel they're getting something out of it, it's good for the program to be seen and heard. Fan involvement so to speak. And if they make some money off of it, that's not the worst thing I've heard.

Or this way they just coach up the local talent and make them better.

Reactions: minermx07
The El Paso camp was just for local pub and goodwill with the community. They weren't looking for players. Kugler tried to recruit El Paso and it backfired big time. There are are at most two-three d-1 recruits a year in El Paso you dont really need a camp to see them.

Reactions: El Paso 1
Where'd that get you with the LAST administration? You cannot make Chablis wine out of well water.

I mean coach up the local talent while they are still in middle school and high school. I know they wont be able t o improve the local players in 2 days but they can give them tips. It would benifit Utep if the local talent got better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT