ADVERTISEMENT

Who will be our QB?

What I've seen from Kavika in my opinion is that he is ready to play at this level, no doubt. As a starter? No, not right off the bat. But he's gifted enough to make things happen. It's hard to keep an athlete like that off the field. If Kuglar and staff are working on schemes to get him on the field without overwhelming him or asking him to do more than what he's ready for, I say great. That will be enough.
The only thing that seperates Kavika from the rest of the group is the Spring ball he missed. They will start Leftwich because of his playing time and experience not because he is a better QB. I think before confrence starts Kavika will be the starter.

Last edited:
So some fans here think Kugler will start Leftwich because he is the son of the OL coach? After the way Kugler has instilled discipline, character and toughness into this program, I don't think he would start being weak on making important team decisions. I think he has enough character of his own to put the team in the best situation he can to win games.

I am afraid it will be who is left standing after Arkansas and TT. Hope I am wrong,because I like the way Coach Kugler leading the Miners. Good Luck this weekend Miners!

Reactions: mextex915
I think its fair to say Kugs favors Leftwich, he did watch him all thru high school. He's earned the respect of his teammates for taking the pounding he got two years ago. Remember Simpson was in Kugs doghouse and i dont think they trust him. I think mini Mack will pull it off for us, but love everything ive heard bout KJ and Metz. Weve lacked that running qb since Lorne Sam an James Thomas were here.

I am afraid it will be who is left standing after Arkansas and TT. Hope I am wrong,because I like the way Coach Kugler leading the Miners. Good Luck this weekend Miners!

The perception that more players get injured against p5 competition than against g5 competition is false. There are no more injuries against teams like Arkansas than there are against the UIw's of the world. FCS schools routinely play fbs schools and they dont suffer anymore injuris than they do against fcs competition. I blame Mike Price for perpetuating this myth in El Paso.

The perception that more players get injured against p5 competition than against g5 competition is false. There are no more injuries against teams like Arkansas than there are against the UIw's of the world. FCS schools routinely play fbs schools and they dont suffer anymore injuris than they do against fcs competition. I blame Mike Price for perpetuating this myth in El Paso.

+1 on that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT