ADVERTISEMENT

whoever called C.J. "garbage".....

MinerJo

MI VIP
Jul 8, 2001
You owe him an apology! CJ has stepped up his game when it matters the most! By the way, I would never call our players garbage, bad call on your part.

First of all it wasn't me, but in defense of the guy, he explained that it was Coop's game that was garbage. From an objective point of view, the guy had a point. Coop had a stretch of games where he shot at a 25% clip and threw up a couple air balls a game. He was forcing stuff and was shooting badly. The guy admitted he shouldn't have called CJ garbage but that he was pissed about the poor performance. I was pissed at the time too. Now we're all happy. 5 out of the last 6 games in double figures. He's been our most reliable and consistent guy the past few games. He's playing well and letting the game come to him. UTEP is a better team because of it. Thank gawd he found his groove. Gotta hope he stays in it now.

This post was edited on 2/14 9:38 PM by tbleslie

I looked though my post and didn't use "garbage" on him bust I seriously questioned his leadership. As of tonight, I am glad to eat my words.

This post was edited on 2/15 12:30 AM by utep2step

I posted it and referred to his game at the time and it was an expression used to to describe sub par play. People who understand the word usage know this, the ones that dont took offense. With that said he has improved and recycled his trashy game from before, and im glad, he's a senior he should be playing the way he is and helping this team!

I never said garbage... I think I said he was awful, and he has been for quite awhile.... I'm sorry but two good games doesn't make a season..

I think you're selling CJ a little short. It's been more than two games. I don't think anyone would debate that he was not particularly good from the Washington game to the Marshall game. But, he's been been playing well during the six game win streak, and I don't think that's a coincidence.

He's scored in double figure in 5 of those six games, averaging 10.6 ppg. He's shooting 11-24 from 3 (45%), 17-20 (85%) from the line, and has 3 turnovers in 188 minutes. The biggest issues during his bad stretch was he wasn't making free throws and he had what seemed like 2 WTF turnovers per game. Now, he's making the FTs and hasn't turned the ball over. Let's hope he keeps it up.

I, too, was waiting for CJ to get back to form, but based on the fact that he is such a hard worker I felt it would happen all along. Well, the fact that he is proving his doubters wrong should be a bit in our faces.

The evidence, beyond the eye test, is what STex brought up. Those stats are good for any PG. That's exactly what you want from a floor leader. I've been critical of his game, but I've also been complimentary as his game has improved. If he keeps this up, the ball is in good hands. I hope this is not a streak but rather the effect of working through on court issues like trying to do too much, lack of confidence, etc. if it is just a streak, I sure as hell hope it's a streak that lasts a long time! I can say that as of late, I want the ball in his hands, which was farthest from the case even a month ago.

The truth is that CJ was playing poorly, no doubt.
So, I don't think anyone should apologize. CJ came out the slump or one of the
coaches had a serious talk with him and gave him his confidence back.
We were all mad because he had played good last year and we expected a lot
more from him.

GO Miners...

Originally posted by MistaBinks:

Originally posted by Bob:
Nobody owes anybody an apology and I am sure C.J. wouldn't want an apology.
That is not up to you to decide, Bob. Also, you do not speak for C.J. Cooper.
doesn't this bob fellaw still owe an apology to chris washburn. Him and that dumbass ucf grad

I'm glad all three seniors are playing their best ball right now and we won Saturday's game with a very sub par game from V Hunter thanks to them.
Vince will do his double-double again and if our three seniors keep playing with that confidence they can win out the rest on the conference games. Even La Tech

GO MINERS

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT