ADVERTISEMENT

Why did Archie leave TCU?

Lack of pt from what I understood.

Maybe there was more to it but he took the high road if there was.

Gotta be more to it. If he’s as good as advertised, TCU needed him. They’re not picked highly in the B12 this year.

Gotta be more to it. If he’s as good as advertised, TCU needed him. They’re not picked highly in the B12 this year.

From what I remember they had a guy ahead of him last year, maybe two guys, and Archie wasn’t exactly patient with the process. Probably more to it but I haven’t heard of anything. Both coach and Archie were fairly quiet about the details.

Reactions: Cube Jack
Dixon has won the NIT, made the NCAAs, and made the NIT semis in his 3 years at TCU. Floyd couldn’t even win a CBI home game. Dixon is nothing like Floyd.

Hey minermaniac...I believe voice just said that Dixon was a good coach. He was referencing that he has Floyd’s problem with the transfer epidemic. I dont think he needed you to list all of Dixon’s accomplishments. And it looks to me that even with Dixon’s accolades, TCU is projected at the bottom of their conference this year, so maybe he is more like Floyd than you want to admit. If you look at TCU last year, they lost a couple of kids through transfers, so I think there was something else going on, in my humble opinion.

Coach Dixon at TCU is a good coach but he appears to be suffering from Floyds disease, recurring transfers, non-returners and no shows. This effect appears to be contagious among players in a programs once one goes the dam breaks and it becomes a flood. Fisher the PG is at GCU and another big guy left as well. Here is a link to the Ft Worth Startle-gram article

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article224284105.html

I didn’t know Fisher (the albino?) was at GCU. Is that who we scrimmage next? He’s good.

Hey minermaniac...I believe voice just said that Dixon was a good coach. He was referencing that he has Floyd’s problem with the transfer epidemic. I dont think he needed you to list all of Dixon’s accomplishments. And it looks to me that even with Dixon’s accolades, TCU is projected at the bottom of their conference this year, so maybe he is more like Floyd than you want to admit. If you look at TCU last year, they lost a couple of kids through transfers, so I think there was something else going on, in my humble opinion.

Maybe so, but he said he was suffering from Floyd’s disease. Clearly, he is doing a better job of handling it then our piece of crap coach did. TCU might be near the bottom of their league this year, but the last 3 years were probably the best 3 years in TCU basketball history.

Ignore him. This is what chi/music/dumf*k does. Any time someone mentions another program or coach, he makes his way to wikipedia for an hour so he can educate us with a bunch of useless stats that show how much better every program is than UTEP... as if anyone gave a fu......

Last edited:
Not trying to get off topic here but maniac is starting to smell like music.

STARTING to smell? Shiiii I snuffed that kid out within his second post. Lol.

He's comically easy to pick out. I'm surprised it took him this long to return. Pretty sure he created his second profile as well so he can start "liking" and responding to his own posts again...

STARTING to smell? Shiiii I snuffed that kid out within his second post. Lol.

He's comically easy to pick out. I'm surprised it took him this long to return. Pretty sure he created his second profile as well so he can start "liking" and responding to his own posts again...
His cover story was a bit more creative this time. A 25 year old UTEP freshman.

I went to TCU from 93'-95' to try and play baseball. There was a kid there that was pretty good damn good named Kurt Thomas. He led the nation in scoring and rebounding at the same time. I think maybe they went to the NIT for one of those years.

Funny story. One of his teammates befriended me in class. We hung out for a while until he asked me if he could cheat off of my exams. That was the end of that.

Reactions: JCorona
I went to TCU from 93'-95' to try and play baseball. There was a kid there that was pretty good damn good named Kurt Thomas. He led the nation in scoring and rebounding at the same time. I think maybe they went to the NIT for one of those years.

Funny story. One of his teammates befriended me in class. We hung out for a while until he asked me if he could cheat off of my exams. That was the end of that.

I remember him. Didn't he get drafted by the Miami Heat the same year as George Banks? I remember him spending many years with the New York Knicks

Was not comparing Floyd to Dixon in any respect just pointed out that 4-5 players transferred out of TCU this year including the one of the top JC centers they signed. This may be a one year phenomenon for the TCU program it was pretty much every year in Floyd's tenure. Fisher is at GCU and if he can overcome his injury will be starter for them. TCU is predicted to finish dead last in the Big 12-3.

I remember him. Didn't he get drafted by the Miami Heat the same year as George Banks? I remember him spending many years with the New York Knicks
I remember Thomas smooth shot blocker and shooter. Another player I remember was "Greedy Danials" who after being picked up for pot in the off season had a slight nickname change to "Greedy Weedy".

I remember Greedy Daniels because he transferred to TCU from UNLV. Not sure if he ever played again after getting kicked off the TCU team

His cover story was a bit more creative this time. A 25 year old UTEP freshman.

You guys think you’re smart, but you’re not that smart. The music has stopped, but you’ve been sucking on the honey for quite a bit. At least most of you have woken up and can now criticize UTEP football and the athletic department. You’re still fans, not just blind homers or total morons like GroundRounds.

I look forward to a great basketball season, but more suckitude with dumb Dimel at the helm. Sell out the Sun Bowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Rocketsr
You guys think you’re smart, but you’re not that smart. The music has stopped, but you’ve been sucking on the honey for quite a bit. At least most of you have woken up and can now criticize UTEP football and the athletic department. You’re still fans, not just blind homers or total morons like GroundRounds.

I look forward to a great basketball season, but more suckitude with dumb Dimel at the helm. Sell out the Sun Bowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like your style, Youngblood. I won't always agree with you but I like your style.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT