ADVERTISEMENT

Will Bryson follow CRT to UT?

unihorn

MI Miner Maniac
Dec 1, 2007
I think he will. He’d benefit from a year of better coaching and competition.

I saw that UT has one returning player, who isn't even a starter. If BW decides to return, playing time should be plentiful.

What are the rules on Division 1 transfers now? He had to sit out a year to play here but he can leave and play right away at Texas??

It's dumb if he wants to play professional basketball. He's not an NBA prospect. He may get on a summer league roster but his future is in Europe. He's already 23. No matter what he does next year the NBA isn't going to draft a 24 year old. He risks getting injured and never getting paid.

Reactions: kickballpro
Bryson might be why Beard wanted Terry. I doubt it was Terry's X & O strategies.

If Bryson plays for the Longhorns it will be for one year. Now coaches have been hired for their ability to bring in a star player before (Danny Manning's dad Ed Manning comes to mind), but it is always for a player who is expected to be around for a while, not for a one year rental. Beard wanted Terry because he is an excellent recruiter, who brought in a lot of top talent to UT during his previous stint as an assistant there.

It's dumb if he wants to play professional basketball. He's not an NBA prospect. He may get on a summer league roster but his future is in Europe. He's already 23. No matter what he does next year the NBA isn't going to draft a 24 year old. He risks getting injured and never getting paid.
You can live just fine playing overseas. BW needs to get sign, get on a plane and get paid. Right Mr. Culpepper?

You can live just fine playing overseas. BW needs to get sign, get on a plane and get paid. Right Mr. Culpepper?
The thing that brings most American players back is the constant movement from one team/club to the next. I also have heard that the loneliness can be overbearing. The money is there, though to make a good living.

Is he working on a master's? (Has he graduated?)

If he's a year away from a master's, then a master's from UT is a nice fall-back plan. Some percentage of these players are actually student-athletes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT