ADVERTISEMENT

Will Texas Tech Join Texas Western..

Maximus Miner

Rookie
Jul 1, 2005
as the next school from Texas to win a National Title? This is probably the best team that a Tech has in forever so that had me thinking. How long do you guys think Texas Western will continue to be the only school in Texas to accomplish that feat?

as the next school from Texas to win a National Title? This is probably the best team that a Tech has in forever so that had me thinking. How long do you guys think Texas Western will continue to be the only school in Texas to accomplish that feat?

Beard is good, and Tech plays nasty D, but I don’t think their offense is good enough this year to win it all.

Reactions: axingfools1
By 2066, there might be another Texas team with a national championship in basketball. Of course, UTEP might have another one by then. And I'm only being slightly cheeky with that prediction. El Pasoans and Miner fans would lose their minds if UTEP made another serious run at a title.

I don’t think tech is good enough to win it all. I think they will be a sweet 16 team this year.

Not this year, Zion Williamson and Co will run shit in March, however, this is the biggest threat to that title since TJ Ford, def a possibility in the near future if Beard keeps taking them to different levels of elite.

Also Houston looks pretty legit this year too....

TTech appears to have a built-in, self-limiting factor. Like so many D-1 outfits with good athletes, relying on defense, the Raiders need guys who can score the ball. Not many teams play defense but also have multiple guys who can create their own shots. I look forward to the day when UTEP will have ingredients. And you?

TTech appears to have a built-in, self-limiting factor. Like so many D-1 outfits with good athletes, relying on defense, the Raiders need guys who can score the ball. Not many teams play defense but also have multiple guys who can create their own shots. I look forward to the day when UTEP will have ingredients. And you?
Like a poor man's Virginia, except that guard Guy from Virginia is lighting it up this year.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Not this year, Zion Williamson and Co will run shit in March, however, this is the biggest threat to that title since TJ Ford, def a possibility in the near future if Beard keeps taking them to different levels of elite.

And if someone (Texas?) doesn’t poach Beard.

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05

NBA teams will be hard pressed not to take Zion #1. Reminds me of Charles Barkley.

I was jealous when UH got that combo transfer from UMASS Jarreau and Gresham

Nope.

As much as I hate to say it, UH will be exposed once they play a few teams with above average bigs.

UH is a lot like Tech from last year. They aren’t very big. Top 3 scorers are under 6’ 4”. Top 6 scorers are under 6’ 5”. Only two of those guys average over 10 pts/gm. Top rebounder is just under 6’ 4”, but they team rebound extremely well with 9 guys averaging over 3.5 boards a game. They crash the boards and win most 50/50 balls. They play great team defense and hold teams to under 60 points a game. Very unselfish team. Play really good team basketball.

I hope I’m wrong because they’re my 2nd favorite cbb team (well, tied with Iowa St...lol), but they will meet their demise against some quality size is my guess.

As much as I hate to say it, UH will be exposed once they play a few teams with above average bigs.

UH is a lot like Tech from last year. They aren’t very big. Top 3 scorers are under 6’ 4”. Top 6 scorers are under 6’ 5”. Only two of those guys average over 10 pts/gm. Top rebounder is just under 6’ 4”, but they team rebound extremely well with 9 guys averaging over 3.5 boards a game. They crash the boards and win most 50/50 balls. They play great team defense and hold teams to under 60 points a game. Very unselfish team. Play really good team basketball.

I hope I’m wrong because they’re my 2nd favorite cbb team (well, tied with Iowa St...lol), but they will meet their demise against some quality size is my guess.

What’s your current take on Sampson? He has a dirty rep.

He could always coach.

I’d say he is as good of a coach as he’s ever been. Wisdom, and not having to always look over his shoulder while trying to cover the numerous NCAA violations, have enabled him to actually put his full attention on the job at hand.

And down they go!!!

Yeah, Tech ain’t going to win a national championship, only women win those there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT