ADVERTISEMENT

Will the Eastern Time Zone curse end at Charlotte?

As UTEP fans, we all know we can't count our eggs. Our team has been awful in the eastern time zone.

Yes and while we're breaking curses I expect us to beat a p5 in a bowl game.

You wanna know how bad FIU is? NMSU is favored by 15 this week. Too bad we are playing them at home but I am tentatively circling that game as a W. Go miners…let’s beat the eastern time zone curse against Charlotte!

Middle Tennessee won't be a walk in the park it looks like. Whooping Miami!
I watched that game. Once again Coach Stockstill has rebuilt a conference power to be.

However, Miami looked flat and out of it and MTSU always answered back.

UTEP should beat the 49'ers but let us see? History is history.

As much as I want to believe UTEP can break the curse this weekend, I feel like it’s just as likely they come out flat and get pummeled from kick off. Friday was an absolute gem of a game but I want to see how this team handles a week coming off a good win. Were the first 4 games the aberration or was Friday the oddity?

The Eastern Time Zone curse might hit us in the form of Hurricane Ian, which is supposed to hit Charlotte on Friday and into Saturday. We'll have to see how that plays out. I wish it was Hurricane Pete they had to worry about.

• Angry
Reactions: FeralFelidae
As much as I want to believe UTEP can break the curse this weekend, I feel like it’s just as likely they come out flat and get pummeled from kick off. Friday was an absolute gem of a game but I want to see how this team handles a week coming off a good win. Were the first 4 games the aberration or was Friday the oddity?

Yup. I too am wondering which UTEP team will show up; the "same old" UTEP that played UNM or the surprisingly effective team that beat Boise State pretty handily.

The Eastern Time Zone curse might hit us in the form of Hurricane Ian, which is supposed to hit Charlotte on Friday and into Saturday. We'll have to see how that plays out. I wish it was Hurricane Pete they had to worry about.
Rain and slop would favored us if Dimel plays to our strengths and grinds it out

Reactions: minerfan_14
Reactions: Prospero915
I’ve heard coaches concerns when bad weather looms and it’s not not necessarily arriving, it’s leaving.

This will be postponed.
Are these your thoughts, predictions or you've heard the game will be postponed? The weather forecast for Charlotte Saturday at game time just shows rain, which wouldn't merit postponing/canceling a game. Unless there's travel issues that arise I don't see the game being postponed or cancelled.

Are these your thoughts, predictions or you've heard the game will be postponed? The weather forecast for Charlotte Saturday at game time just shows rain, which wouldn't merit postponing/canceling a game. Unless there's travel issues that arise I don't see the game being postponed or cancelled.
It won’t be unless the storm takes a bad turn. The schools off weeks don’t line up, so several other CUSA games would be impacted if they didn’t play this weekend.

Reactions: denverutep

Sat 01 | Night​

57°

62% Humidity
NE 10 mph
A steady rain in the evening. Showers continuing late. Low 57F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%. Rainfall around a quarter of an inch.

Working for an airline with a heavy Charlotte presence, if they haven’t put cancels in as of today (they would’ve thinned out the schedule if crosswinds were going to be an issue) then we’re going to be fine

My thoughts that is not worth a cup of crap.

However, while it will rain, it’s upwards and onwards. Hope they stay safe.

He doesn't know. As usual, he's just talking out of his ass.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT