ADVERTISEMENT

Will the Eastern Time Zone curse end at Charlotte?

Our big offensive line and out big backs could have the upper hand in weather like this be who knows. Tough way to break the curse.

Charlotte giving up a whopping 253 rushing yards per game. Third worst in the NCAA. Given up 17 rushing TDs. Giving up over 306 passing yards per game. They are 96th in Total Offense. If we don't turn it over 7 times, we'll have a chance to win.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rot and MinerManiac
Charlotte giving up a whopping 253 rushing yards per game. Third worst in the NCAA. Given up 17 rushing TDs. Giving up over 306 passing yards per game. They are 96th in Total Offense. If we don't turn it over 7 times, we'll have a chance to win.
Those are some really big numbers. I'm curious to know if all those yards came late in games where the opposing offensive line wore them down due to their own offensive inefficiency or they are just that bad at stopping the run? And if UTEP can remain patient if the running game isn't effective early. Can they find those holes when Charlotte almost certainly loads the box? Or will they revert back to UNM and check out of runs and start chucking it down the field. I want to be optimistic but I've been burned too many times.

Since were re-writing history this year, Dimel should schedule the Ft. Bliss all-stars to avenge the two losses from 1919 and 1921 and the 0-2 all-time record.

Seriously though, I am glad the Eastern Time zone thing is over, was too drunk to properly comment about it on Saturday.

"UTEP K Gavin Baechle was named C-USA Special Teams Player of the Week for the second time this season after scoring a season-high 11 points in the win at Charlotte on Saturday....Baechle scored a season-high 11 points (5-5 PATs, 2-2 FG) in UTEP's 41-35 win at Charlotte on Saturday. Baechle extended his streak to 11 consecutive made field goals after hitting on a 22-yard make that gave the Miners a 10-7 edge in the first quarter, while hitting a 29-yarder late in the third that pushed UTEP's lead to 34-21. Baechle is now 11-for-12 on field goals on the season. He leads Conference USA in made field goals (11), attempts (12) and FGM/game (1.8). Nationally, Baechle ranks third in field goals made and is tied eighth in field goals made/per game. Baechle's efforts helped UTEP win its first league game of 2022, while also ending its dreaded winless streak in the eastern time zone (1-26-1)."https://conferenceusa.com/news/2022/10/3/football-fb-oct-3-players-of-the-week.aspx

Then why is it called North Carolina??
Education has really gone down since I was a kid.

"Southern separatism in defense of slavery culminated in 1860–61, when 11 Southern states (South Carolina, Mississippi, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas, North Carolina, Virginia, and Tennessee) seceded from the Union and formed the Confederate States of America."

Education has really gone down since I was a kid.

"Southern separatism in defense of slavery culminated in 1860–61, when 11 Southern states (South Carolina, Mississippi, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas, North Carolina, Virginia, and Tennessee) seceded from the Union and formed the Confederate States of America."

Look who's wrong.🤔🤔🤔

You're moving the goalposts. You said southeast, not Deep South.

UTEP has beaten teams in the Deep South, if that's what you're talking about now.
North Carolina is not southeast. If it was South East why isnt Duke and UNC in the SEC?? 🤔🤔🤔

Speaking of the education going south in this country, a young punk asked my brother if he was a Yankee for talking about the Army of Northern Virginia, led by General Robert E. Lee. I'm glad things are so slow on this site that we can piss on each other over directions on a compass or sections on a map. The Miners must have won their last two games. What do ya think?

Reactions: denverutep
"Fili, what have you accomplished today?"

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: develman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT