ADVERTISEMENT

Will the Raiders play some games at UTEP this year?

Oakland. Apparantly their new LV stadium wont be ready and they will not have a deal in Oakland. My guess is that they are putting feelers out to get Oakland to bring them back for another season.

I haven't heard anything about that. Do you have any links about this?

I remember there was talk of the Saints playing here because of Katrina. I knew it wouldn't happen.

I would list the following cities before El Paso in no particular order:

1) Austin

2) San Antonio

3) Albuquerque

That's just staying in the west. If we add the East there's a ton of cities there too.

I believe the Titans played at Vanderbilt's Stadium when they started at Tennessee.

Worst case scenario, play at UNLVs stadium.

It obvious The Raiders would prefer UNLV, and San Antonio above The Sun Bowl. Im just curious to know how El Paso even made the list.

San Antonio don’t want anything to do with the Raiders. Ownership group used SA for bargaining purposes with Oakland/LV. This and MLS dreams all shattered SA major league sport hopes. There some uneasiness about the Spurs again - and this was Pre-Corona!

Did the Raiders play a scrimmage in EP once? Sounds like EP is being used too!

Reactions: Autograph Boy
San Antonio don’t want anything to do with the Raiders. Ownership group used SA for bargaining purposes with Oakland/LV. This and MLS dreams all shattered SA major league sport hopes. There some uneasiness about the Spurs again - and this was Pre-Corona!

Did the Raiders play a scrimmage in EP once? Sounds like EP is being used too!

I guess there is a chance!

The Raiders played a scrimmage against the Cowboys in 1998.

To happen there needs to be:

Mass testing and that is for sure not happening.

(Effective) treatment and should be rolling out by fall. Fauci says that is "coming along nicely".

Vaccine. Once again Fauci says there will be a vaccine and testing is going on all over the globe but it must finish.

4th of July events are getting canceled and by the end of May college and the NFL will have to face the painful but necessary choice.

Reactions: UTEPMiners8106
This is idiotic. A low income town with a stadium being renovated behind schedule is somehow an option to host NFL games. Okay..
This has been said about El Paso forever. When is this going to change? With UTEP attracting research funds, with a medical school now in town which should attract medical related research firms, good paying jobs should be locating in EP. Is leadership that bad in EP that there are no good paying companies locating there? What the hell.

None of this is true. The Raiders signed a 2 year lease prior to last season in Oakland. They are paying a 10.5 million for the Oakland Coliseum in 2020 in a lease agreement. This was always the contingent plan.

In a worst case scenario, UTEP would be a backup. UTEP has a better chance of going to a bowl game next year than the Raiders do of playing a NFL game here.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
None of this is true. The Raiders signed a 2 year lease prior to last season in Oakland. They are paying a 10.5 million for the Oakland Coliseum in 2020 in a lease agreement. This was always the contingent plan.
Raiders have already turned down Oakland. They have declined the option a week ago. It was on the local news in Las Vegas. They also mentioned El Paso and San Antonio.
May be far fetched that El Paso gets it, but Oakland is definitely out.

The stadium will be finished most likely by July 31st, as they are still working on it as it has been deemed essential by the Gov in Nevada. Therefore all of this may be moot regardless.

Hot girl is considering dating you.

You: But why me Antonio makes more money and has a bigger house.

Raiders have already turned down Oakland. They have declined the option a week ago. It was on the local news in Las Vegas. They also mentioned El Paso and San Antonio.
May be far fetched that El Paso gets it, but Oakland is definitely out.

The stadium will be finished most likely by July 31st, as they are still working on it as it has been deemed essential by the Gov in Nevada. Therefore all of this may be moot regardless.

Thanks, didnt know that

The Raiders organization pissed off many fans in Oakland and LA by moving the team to Las Vegas. As somebody mentioned before they used San Antonio as leverage only, but had no intentions of relocating there. Fans remember this and may not attend games in the aforementioned cities. As far as UNM is concerned their stadium is a joke, it won’t happen there. They will most likely play at Sam Boyd stadium. The Sun Bowl would be a second option for the Raiders. I’m sure the Raiders are looking to attract new fans outside of Vegas.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Fans of any city will welcome the NFL with open arms, especially businesses. San Antonio included.

The Raiders will play at Sam Boyd. The NFL schedule isn’t even out yet.

https://fbschedules.com/las-vegas-raiders-schedule/

1st 8 games are away this year anyway. They may not need to play any games outside of Vegas? Anyway, if they played the Cowboys or the Packers I would pay to go see them in the Sun Bowl. So would probably another 100k fans. KC would be pretty cool too. That's probably the only game I would attend.

https://fbschedules.com/las-vegas-raiders-schedule/

1st 8 games are away this year anyway. They may not need to play any games outside of Vegas? Anyway, if they played the Cowboys or the Packers I would pay to go see them in the Sun Bowl. So would probably another 100k fans. KC would be pretty cool too. That's probably the only game I would attend.

Lmao, they're first 8 games aren't away. The web site just has away and home grouped together. The actual schedule isn't even out yet, just the teams they're playing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT