ADVERTISEMENT

Will the Raiders play some games at UTEP this year?

Lmao, they're first 8 games aren't away. The web site just has away and home grouped together. The actual schedule isn't even out yet, just the teams they're playing.
LMAO. Even better chance then I guess. Still don't have any interesting home games other than KC IMO. Maaaaybe Denver or New Orleans?

Any Raiders fans here?

I’m trying to think. There aren’t any better stadiums in the region? Why not San Diego for a year? Or maybe Tucson, but that may mess with The Cardinals. Maybe when push comes to shove El Paso is close and there are no NFL teams close so there would be no conflict with an existing franchise.

Lmao, they're first 8 games aren't away. The web site just has away and home grouped together. The actual schedule isn't even out yet, just the teams they're playing.
Its not implausible that the Raiders could play their 1st 8 games on the road given the issues with the stadium/covid. Maybe even at least 6-7 games with a bye thrown in there. The Raiders could play a 'home' game or two in El Paso or another city.

The Raiders didn't play at home from week 3-8 last season.

FWIW, during the SA/Raiders courtship, word was Davis owned a huge piece of land for a stadium near New Braunfels - along the SA Austin I35 corridor. They’ve heavily scouted South Texas so they know what’s up. But El Paso coming out of left field is for putting pressure on someone else.

I’m not quite sure SA and the SA mayor are willing to be used by any “girl” again. People here are still butt hurt about the Dome being built and no NFL, MLB, and no MLS being here!

Reactions: Rot
California is out as they said they will not play there. I am with you and would have thought the stadium in San Diego where SDSU plays would have been an easy fix.
There must be a reason that the Raiders do not want to play in some of these larger stadiums or California, and I cannot pin point it.

And I also have heard that they could start the season on the road as it is another possibility. Yet, in Vegas, they keep talking about El Paso, Sam Boyd and San Antonio. These are the 3 they keep repeating. Also, that it does not have to be only one place, as they said they might play at different venues. I don't know why you would want to do that, as that would absolutely give you no advantage as it would not allow you to get used to the venue.

Honestly, I think the stadium will be done on time (July 31st), or at worst 1 month behind.

There is an empty dome and rabid fan base in St Louis. That seems like an easy solution. Downside the home game against the Chiefs would be taken over by Chiefs fans.

I am not a Raiders fan, but would love them to play a couple of games here. Hopefully against Denver, who I am a fan of.
NFL teams don’t make a whole lot of money from their attendance, so if they got 40,000 + here I’m sure they would be fine with it. Doesn’t really matter who they played, I would be there.

Salt Lake, Phoenix, and San Diego. As rational people thought, El Paso was never considered or a real possibility.

I only read the title and haven't read any of the posts on this thread.

The Raiders will not play El Paso this year.

See you in the next thread.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT