ADVERTISEMENT

Wilson offered CU position, chose UTEP

Colorado hired their new President 4 1/2 months before UTEP hired Wilson. As Unihorn mentioned, Wilson did not choose UTEP over Colorado.

She was a candidate at CU — not offered the job.
Not a "swing and a miss" but a foul ball.

That article has ample amounts of innuendos and it specifically does not say if she was or was not.

The fact she was a candidate is enough IMO. Though she was filling very big shoes... I like her, and I hope she has what it takes to continue what Dr N help build. Not to mention, hopefully get the athletic program on the right track.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Hopefully she'll have a short fuse when it comes to tolerating losing. Dimel and Terry had better get it going!

Reactions: utep-piggy
Hopefully she'll have a short fuse when it comes to tolerating losing. Dimel and Terry had better get it going!
As short as you? If she did, they would be gone.

You don’t get to be secretary of an armed forces branch by having a “short fuse”. She’ll be methodical about it and will make the call to the AD (chain of command: President then AD) to let Dimel and Terry go.

Reactions: JCorona
My point is the process that this article hits on; why the secretive process for large public universities? I agree she is an asset to UTEP and I too love she is front and center at ALL UTEP events, not just sports.

It's pretty sad the local college paper has to point this out.

Here is another case in point: Do you live in the county of El Paso? For some of you, your emergency service providers had their contract expire. The local news doesn't know why and the county attorney main office is in Austin. Are you F'en kidding me? Get your butt down there and find out why? Pitch a tent at their front door and at every commissioner if you have too, it's kind of big freaking deal, IMO.

Let The Prospector handle it, they can do it.

https://www.ktsm.com/local/el-paso-...-no-known-plan-in-place-to-serve-communities/

My point is the process that this article hits on; why the secretive process for large public universities? I agree she is an asset to UTEP and I too love she is front and center at ALL UTEP events, not just sports.

It's pretty sad the local college paper has to point this out.

Here is another case in point: Do you live in the county of El Paso? For some of you, your emergency service providers had their contract expire. The local news doesn't know why and the county attorney main office is in Austin. Are you F'en kidding me? Get your butt down there and find out why? Pitch a tent at their front door and at every commissioner if you have too, it's kind of big freaking deal, IMO.

Let The Prospector handle it, they can do it.

https://www.ktsm.com/local/el-paso-...-no-known-plan-in-place-to-serve-communities/

Because it’s the Regents’ call 100% — that’s how the UT System works.

Reactions: minerfan_14
Because it’s the Regents’ call 100% — that’s how the UT System works.
I realize that. But it's public, not private. They forget they answer to us, not just the governor. But life goes on and for UTEP, it appears Wilson was a good hire to build upon what Natalicio created and she hit the ground running since arriving.

I want UTEP to be the best in Texas, not just the best athletic conference.

Doesn’t mean would ever happen, but you should always try to be the best.
No body succeeds by trying to be number two.

That’s a good way to live. I’m more of a realist and don’t waste too much time fantasizing with scenarios that will never occur. Unless I win the lottery, I know I’ll never own the best house or the best cars in the country. I’m fine with that. Same how I’m fine knowing UTEP will never be the best academic or athletic school in the state.

That’s a good way to live. I’m more of a realist and don’t waste too much time fantasizing with scenarios that will never occur. Unless I win the lottery, I know I’ll never own the best house or the best cars in the country. I’m fine with that. Same how I’m fine knowing UTEP will never be the best academic or athletic school in the state.
Whoa! Whoa! See, this is a narrative that is passed on from generation to generation.

Any college is what the student makes it. Greatest example is George W. Bush: Gets into Yale because of family, graduates a C student and from Phi Tappa Keg fraternity. I have an old buddy who graduated from UTEP engineering with a not so hot GPA but he busted his arse and come heck or high water he was determined to graduate with a UTEP engineering degree. I had a political science professor who was a Polish freedom fighter at 16 and survived, served under Reagan, and could tell you more about Europe and Russia (Soviet Union) than a seasoned CIA vet stationed in Brussels or Moscow.

Don't confuse open enrollment and ability. An old high school teacher warned my class that UTEP will let you in, but they will also weed you out if you don't show discipline and that has not changed.

Reactions: topminer

That’s a lie. McDonalds is the number 1 fast food restaurant and probably always will be. To say that nobody succeeds by trying to be number two is ridiculous. Burger King, Wendy’s, etc would all love to be number 2, because being number 1 isn’t happening. Arby’s would be totally happy with trying to be #2.

Striving to be #2 is still good. UTEP is like 14/14th in football. You wouldn’t want them to strive to be the 2nd best team in the conference? The WCC has Gonzaga and all the others are wanting to be that #2 knowing that being #1 isn’t happening.

Whoa! Whoa! See, this is a narrative that is passed on from generation to generation.

Any college is what the student makes it. Greatest example is George W. Bush: Gets into Yale because of family, graduates a C student and from Phi Tappa Keg fraternity. I have an old buddy who graduated from UTEP engineering with a not so hot GPA but he busted his arse and come heck or high water he was determined to graduate with a UTEP engineering degree. I had a political science professor who was a Polish freedom fighter at 16 and survived, served under Reagan, and could tell you more about Europe and Russia (Soviet Union) than a seasoned CIA vet stationed in Brussels or Moscow.

Don't confuse open enrollment and ability. An old high school teacher warned my class that UTEP will let you in, but they will also weed you out if you don't show discipline and that has not changed.

There are always exceptions to the rule.

The average student at Harvard is more intelligent than the average student at UTEP. There is no denying that.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
There are always exceptions to the rule.

The average student at Harvard is more intelligent than the average student at UTEP. There is no denying that.
......shall I give you more rope aggie or is this enough?
source.gif

That’s a lie. McDonalds is the number 1 fast food restaurant and probably always will be. To say that nobody succeeds by trying to be number two is ridiculous. Burger King, Wendy’s, etc would all love to be number 2, because being number 1 isn’t happening. Arby’s would be totally happy with trying to be #2.

Striving to be #2 is still good. UTEP is like 14/14th in football. You wouldn’t want them to strive to be the 2nd best team in the conference? The WCC has Gonzaga and all the others are wanting to be that #2 knowing that being #1 isn’t happening.
Don’t take everything so literal,. I’m just trying to say to do the the best you can at everything you do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT