ADVERTISEMENT

Winston Dimel

Our next All-American?

Imagine Wadley or Locksley following this guy through the line! Our goal line game would be improved tremendously as well.

He's a solid blocking back and go to guy for those tough yards. Losing Kevin Dove hurt UTEP because he was a tough runner but landing Dimel would soften that blow. Plus he knows pop's offense.
Dimel was all Big 12. Dove didn't use his size well and was fumble prone. It would be an upgrade.

He's a stud but I would tell him to go to Wisconsin. They play smash mouth football. He'd get a lot more notice up there.

If we get him and have a healthy Wadley along with Locksley, I don't wanna say if we'll have a winning season, but we'll run for 200 plus a game and be in a lot more games

Reactions: axingfools1
Go to Wisconsin. What I read from KSU fans was that Dímelo would only draw up plays for his son. I’m tired of the nepotism we had with our QB and the previous staff. Go elsewhere kid, it would be best for both parties.

Go to Wisconsin. What I read from KSU fans was that Dímelo would only draw up plays for his son. I’m tired of the nepotism we had with our QB and the previous staff. Go elsewhere kid, it would be best for both parties.
That's totally not true and was addressed in another thread. He was used mostly on the goal line. It is nice to reward players that get you there, but the #1 priority is winning. The kid is All big 12. Why not want him otherwise?

Last edited:
That's totally not true and was addressed in another thread. He was used mostly on the goal line. It is nice to reward players that get you there, but the #1 priority is winning. The kid is All big 12. Why not want him otherwise?

Not true so then the KSU fans are liars. Look, we know what happened with “shorty” at QB, we don’t want that happening again.

I liked Leftwich. The kid had guts, moxy, you name it. If junior can get it done, so be it. It's very common for father/son duo in college sports.

Not true so then the KSU fans are liars. Look, we know what happened with “shorty” at QB, we don’t want that happening again.

A couple things...

Winston Dimel had 19 carries and 8 receptions in 2017. Pretty sure coach Dimel didn't exactly draw up plays just for his son when he was only called on 27 times all season.

In 2016 WD only had 30 rushing attempts, but 12 of those were good for TDs. Again, hardly a one man show, but very effective for his limited touches.

Last, regarding "shorty", he was no where near all conference status. Dimel was...in a much tougher conference.

Not even close to the same situation. So with facts in hand, maybe KSU fans were lying.

UTEP needs this kid on the team. He’s all Big 12 playing his last year of college football. The guy can run, catch and block. This is a guy that has a great chance of playing in the NFL. If big schools like Wisconsin and A&M are recruiting this guy, why wouldn’t we want him at UTEP.

I'd love to have him but for his sake he might be better off at a bigger school. But if we get him I'll be pickled tink.

UTEP doesn't want Dimel, they need Dimel. If his dad runs the offense I think he's going to run (along with some other formations) then he is needed. Plus at his grade status, I think a P5 school will say "we'd love to have you, but we're set".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT