ADVERTISEMENT

Word to the wise

Aug 31, 2019
Sup guys this will probably be my only post. Just wanted to let you know I played for mike canales and mike simmonds somewhere, and yall could not possibly have any worse two people on the coaching staff. Dont be fooled by Canales charm and coachspeak, hes clueless. Simmonds is just a huge douche, ill leave it at that. I really just wanted to let you guys know because i think it would be cool if utep was a force in football again. (I believe yall were close a few years ago?) The funny thing is, you guys are in the exact same position unt was a few years ago with these same coaches. Identical. Wheels are off. Then they got fired (more than once) and landed in El Paso. A miserable environment for the players is not going to win any football games. Believe me now or believe me later lol. Good luck guys

I really liked the way the offense faked the hand off, and passed! If Jones can somehow get more accurate on his throws. They may have a chance against, Rice, NMSU, UTSA. To me, 4 wins would be a stretch in the right direction. 1 or 2 wins, someone should be fired lol

Reactions: minerfan_14
Sup guys this will probably be my only post. Just wanted to let you know I played for mike canales and mike simmonds somewhere, and yall could not possibly have any worse two people on the coaching staff. Dont be fooled by Canales charm and coachspeak, hes clueless. Simmonds is just a huge douche, ill leave it at that. I really just wanted to let you guys know because i think it would be cool if utep was a force in football again. (I believe yall were close a few years ago?) The funny thing is, you guys are in the exact same position unt was a few years ago with these same coaches. Identical. Wheels are off. Then they got fired (more than once) and landed in El Paso. A miserable environment for the players is not going to win any football games. Believe me now or believe me later lol. Good luck guys
i knew leftwich too lol, at least he was a decent dude

I really liked the way the offense faked the hand off, and passed! If Jones can somehow get more accurate on his throws. They may have a chance against, Rice, NMSU, UTSA. To me, 4 wins would be a stretch in the right direction. 1 or 2 wins, someone should be fired lol
Wait a minute you liked anything about beating hbu by 2 points? A team that went 0-9 the last two years in the southland conference? Interesting.

I don’t see anything as guaranteed. Even for my Man City team. It’s always going to be “typical city” or “typical utep”
Dude no d1 team should be as bad as the worst fcs. I mean cmon. Yall have so many more resources. Im telling you its not a coincidence, you have two huge pieces of shit on your staff at least, and one of them is oc. If you guys as fans want anything to change, start there. Hell unt fans flew a banner on a plane to get the AD fired. But to be fair the AD, head coach, and canales were the holy trinity of pieces of shit so it was warranted

Dude no d1 team should be as bad as the worst fcs. I mean cmon. Yall have so many more resources. Im telling you its not a coincidence, you have two huge pieces of shit on your staff at least, and one of them is oc. If you guys as fans want anything to change, start there. Hell unt fans flew a banner on a plane to get the AD fired. But to be fair the AD, head coach, and canales were the holy trinity of pieces of shit so it was warranted
Canales may be awful, but Kugler was worse. I get your point, but no one wanted this job after the mess Kugler made. If Dimmel and company can average 3-4 wins a year and finish out their contracts scandal free, we should build them statues.

Canales may be awful, but Kugler was worse. I get your point, but no one wanted this job after the mess Kugler made. If Dimmel and company can average 3-4 wins a year and finish out their contracts scandal free, we should build them statues.

That's not true there were alot of people who wanted this job.As bad as Kugler was is is responsible for the only winning season in the past 14 years.

Ozzy Osbourne was a British loser, made a band and the rest his history.

Closer to home, if you study Southwest history it's a land beyond second chances. Love the people, embrace reality and stay devoted to your trade and you will be ok.

That's not true there were alot of people who wanted this job.As bad as Kugler was is is responsible for the only winning season in the past 14 years.
I stand corrected. Kugler was great. I lied about Kugler being a disaster. Everyone wanted this job.

That's not true there were alot of people who wanted this job.

Say pal, can you expand on that? My info is third hand - at best - but I also heard that no one wanted to take the job. The common opinion was that UTEP had the talent of a mediocre D2 program. Not a mediocre FCS program mind you. A mediocre D2 program. The word was that none of the coaches on UTEP’s wishlist thought they could realistically turn the program around in two years. And that the stink would be on them at that point. Apparently. Dimel’s seat doesn’t even get warm until year four.

Reactions: minermx07
I think the seat should get warm if he doesn't get 2 wins this year. He's already half way there.

I think he's a genuine UNT fan. They hate Canales with good reason. He was the staff at the lowest point of UNT history. They bottomed out. The low point being 69-7 loss to fcs Portland State. To their credit they hit a home run with their next hire and rebuilt quickly.

Last edited:

Did you hear this on KUNT?

The disparity between FCS and FBS is closing in. Training is 24/7 practically, FCS coaches can scoop up FBS transfers with huge fishnets and grad transfers from major P5 schools sometimes prefer FCS programs. The Montana State team that played TT yesterday had two D line grad transfers from the U of W Huskies.

We believe you now

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT