ADVERTISEMENT

Wow...Lady Miners!

They were beaten down by Rice's defense tonight. Rice plays physical and had UTEP women taking bad shots and getting blocked frequently. Rice has a 6'9" center who doesn't move fast, but is a terror blocking shots in the paint.

Reactions: SAMINERGIRL
Having a 6'9 player in women's basketball is like having 8'5 player in mens basketball. Looked like the Miner's strategy for her was to beat her down court, but Rice stopped that early and we had to chunk it up from outside. Miners with way too many turnovers in the 1st half fell behind and couldn't catch Rice.

The ladies did not play their best game. Seem to be forcing the game instead of playing their normal game.
Didn’t play smart against the center, just assumed they could shoot over her.

Reactions: SAMINERGIRL

This is why Memorial Gym be used again for basketball, especially if either @UTEP_MBB or @UTEPWBB does not make the NCAA tournament. There are no guaranteed dates after the regular season.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
The shitty part is the arena should have been built by now. There wouldn’t be a shortage of venues for this game.
What ponders me is what will happen when archaeological survey is in the process? You don't have to follow UTEP historians to figure out something will be found. I am comparing this to something like daily finding of Roman woman brooch pins or coins, they're all over western Europe and underneath the soil. . They are common just like finding native American arrow heads in american high Plains soil. Cool to find but not worth a cup of hole in wall coffee. They'll claim to find a bullet casing of some wild west gunslinger and take it to court again.

@UTEPAthletics would not pay to wire Memorial Gym for television capabilities and replace the seating.on floor level.
Wasn't Memorial Gym used when UTEP hosted the CUSA Tourney? Was it not wired for television capabilities at that time? (Stupid question, perhaps, but I'm genuinely curious.) Unless they just didn't televise those rounds?

Also, didn't WBB used to play in Memorial Gym, like, 25 years ago or so? Why did they stop? (Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but it seems right.)

Wasn't Memorial Gym used when UTEP hosted the CUSA Tourney? Was it not wired for television capabilities at that time? (Stupid question, perhaps, but I'm genuinely curious.) Unless they just didn't televise those rounds?

Also, didn't WBB used to play in Memorial Gym, like, 25 years ago or so? Why did they stop? (Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but it seems right.)

They were not wired and those games at Memorial Gym were not televised.

Reactions: FeralFelidae
So I presume that means they don't have it wired up for volleyball, either? They've never televised a home volleyball game?

No, they are not televised.

I remember something about the dimensions or something of the court were dangerous. I can't remember exactly, but I am sure somebody remembers.

30 years ago.

Honestly the basketball courts at the rec center are better now. This past volleyball season a game was delayed due to a pipe leak and later a blackout.

The winner of Eastwood vs Andress advances to what round of the playoffs? Sweet 16?

Reactions: Cube Jack
Has anybody seen the new gym at Eastwood? Bowl style seating with wall to wall windows facing Montwood. Pretty neat!

Really good and young football and basketball coaches too.

Tomorrow is the last game of the regular season @ North Texas. Go Lady Miners!
The men and women will both be playing tomorrow. Men at noon and Women at 6 pm.

Why are you advertising another message board?

Why are you still posting on here?

The announced attendance for the game on Saturday was 946.
The game on Thursday: 1203.

Maybe @UTEPWBB should follow the WNBA model and play their home games at Memorial Gym. It is easier when it's now a 4,000 seats than 11,892.

The University of Memphis’ Elma Roane Fieldhouse is set to undergo a $3.5 million facelift. Planned upgrades for the home of the Tigers women’s basketball team include improvements to risers, new acoustical panels in the gym, fresh paint, renovating both the team bench and press areas, and improved concessions and bathroom facilities. The construction is expected to begin immediately, and will be partially completed ahead of the 2020-21 season. — GoTigersGo.com
The boys basketball game between Andress and Eastwood could have been at Memorial Gym (pre- lockdown) could have gotten at least 2,000.
(cc:mad:JimSenter2 @UTEPAthletics @UTEP @UTEPWBB)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT