ADVERTISEMENT

WOW!!!!!!!

miner1liner

MI Hall of Famer
Feb 10, 2014
The overwhelming drama, excitement and anticipation of this huge game tonight with the elite Kansas Jayhawk program. It's difficult to hold back the emotions.

Reactions: MinerInWisconsin
I've been looking forward to it all week. I always expect UTEP to beat any basketball foe, no matter the rank; however, Kansas upset Baylor and UTEP whipped up a spiritless 49'ers squad so it is what it is.

Both teams are surging, but I think the line is about right.

Maybe UTEP is just peaking right now.

Their chemistry really has seemed better the last five games or so. Maybe things just finally clicked.
Do you really feel like chemistry is better or do you think we’ve hit a stretch where the shots are falling? Maybe a bit of both?

Reactions: Lil_Train
As impressed as I was at that first half I’m more disused at how the offense turned into a car crash when Kansas turned up the pressure. They were flailing.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Don't know bout y'all, but I was 100% confident we'd lose this game at the end. Better team almost always comes out on top, especially at home, and especially when against us.

Have to say, though, there was a ton of bs calls on us at the end. We got away with a couple travels. They got away with several 3pt plays and soft calls

wish we Terry would push some fundamentals. we might be a good team. sloppy play and passing at the end. Haskins is turning in his grave with some of that passing and ball handling

Reactions: FarWestTexas
We had the ball down 2 with 20 seconds to go. When youre in that position on the road, you set up a final shot to win it with a 3.

Terry let he play out.

Players are college students.

Terry choked.

We had the ball down 2 with 20 seconds to go. When youre in that position on the road, you set up a final shot to win it with a 3.

Terry let he play out.

Players are college students.

Terry choked.
EXACTLY. I was yelling at my TV to get the ball to Bieniemy and set up the last play.. instead Boum stormed down the court and bounced it out of bounds. Bad decision by Boum. Bad, bad, bad coaching. When we can literally call out what is going to happen at the end then you know your coach sucks.

I will say it again and stand by my previous statement that we have good players. This team should easily be top 4 in our conference and should be contending for the tourney championship. A better coach would have us there with at least 5 more wins this year already.

On a positive note. This game shows them they can play with anyone. I think this ultimately will prove to be a good game before the tournament.
Thats one way to look at it. Another way to look at it is that they cracked under pressure. They took awful shots, turned the ball over and Terry could not get the team to slow down and break the pressure that Kansas applied.

On a positive note. This game shows them they can play with anyone. I think this ultimately will prove to be a good game before the tournament.
Yeah, but trapping defense is will be studied by CUSA tourney opponents

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT