ADVERTISEMENT

WOW!!!!!!!

Maybe I am the only one but I have only seen utep play with that type of intensity and it was tonight , arizona and Arizona state game... or am I wrong ?

Reactions: kickballpro
Thats one way to look at it. Another way to look at it is that they cracked under pressure. They took awful shots, turned the ball over and Terry could not get the team to slow down and break the pressure that Kansas applied.
Yep. Unfortunately this is the way I see it. Boum's confidence is fragile. It's been proven multiple times now over the past 2 seasons. He is not a finisher, yet he keeps getting the ball in crunch time because Terry has no other plan or direction. I would not be surprised if he has a poor game or 2 in the tournament.

So Boum posted on social media his "clutch" 3-pointer (later changed to a 2-pointer) with 4:10 left on the clock. I mean it WAS the last basket we scored, so I guess he thinks it was clutch?

Unfortunately when he was dribbling like a drunk driver with no brakes to close the game out was not clutch.
I saw that and was yelling at my smart phone "Noooo Boooum!! Slow down!.....and he touches it last going out of bounds!" [DOH!]

That loss increased our NET ranking by 7 points. Just enough to jump ahead of ODU and into the top 6 in the conference.

Reactions: unihorn
So Boum posted on social media his "clutch" 3-pointer (later changed to a 2-pointer) with 4:10 left on the clock. I mean it WAS the last basket we scored, so I guess he thinks it was clutch?

He had two chances to be clutch: the 3 pointer with just over 30 seconds left, and the drive down the court on the next possession when he lost the ball. Misses happen, but you certainly can't call yourself clutch. And the turnover of the next possession was, unfortunately, typical Boum carelessness.

Article reminds me of the Wolken days when Memphis was in CUSA and lob back handed comments at UTEP, but then again, UTEP has been that little prickly thorn historically speaking to KU.

https://www.rockchalktalk.com/2021/...asketball-recap-fire-les-miles-fire-jeff-long

A "bad" UTEP team? LOL, no. What if it was DePaul who sits at 4-13 or Nebraska at 7-18? Would you be as insulting? "UTEP (yeah, UTEP)". Really?

Look "Kansas", you give this country great basketball and your soil help feeds the country. Other than that your state almost went bankrupt, Mike Pompeo almost sent our blood and treasure to a new middle east war (I can't believe I'm saying this but thank God for Trump nixing it), Kansas football sucks rocks just as much as UTEP and oh, you all are 3-2 after last night. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Sorry, article hit a nerve.

Article reminds me of the Wolken days when Memphis was in CUSA and lob back handed comments at UTEP, but then again, UTEP has been that little prickly thorn historically speaking to KU.

https://www.rockchalktalk.com/2021/...asketball-recap-fire-les-miles-fire-jeff-long

A "bad" UTEP team? LOL, no. What if it was DePaul who sits at 4-13 or Nebraska at 7-18? Would you be as insulting? "UTEP (yeah, UTEP)". Really?

Look "Kansas", you give this country great basketball and your soil help feeds the country. Other than that your state almost went bankrupt, Mike Pompeo almost sent our blood and treasure to a new middle east war (I can't believe I'm saying this but thank God for Trump nixing it), Kansas football sucks rocks just as much as UTEP and oh, you all are 3-2 after last night. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Sorry, article hit a nerve.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT