minerproud

Rookie
Apr 22, 2014
Hi All,

I go to rivals and there is no updates on
Camp Ruidoso 2017!!!

I come here and no updates on
Camp Ruidoso 2017!!!!!!!

We should have live feeds on camp Ruidoso practices in youtube or some other venue!

I go to the El Paso Times website and I have to pay an arm and leg just to see Updates on camp ruidoso 2017.

We are so outdated, that I feel sometimes that our mentality is still caught up in the 60's.

Last edited:
How about YOU going up there and giving US live feeds? :rolleyes:

The EP Times seems to be getting worse. Don't expect anything current. I'm not positive, but doesn't Alex at Minerrush have a regular job?
It does seem that someone....anyone....could get us better, regular updates. I can't help but feel we get slanted reports from the UTEP folks. #fakenews
:p

There is a fine line between updates and providing too much information that can opponents can use. I think live streaming would cross that line.

Alex hustles everyday. If he could dedicate himself 24/7 to UTEP he would be that person that can provide better coverage. He already does a better job than the EP Times. He has to remain independent can't have a boss telling him to write rosy articles.

Someone had mentioned that UTEP should move camp to somewhere in Texas and I agree. It would benefit the team holding camp somewhere along I35. They need to get used to playing in some of those hot humid CUSA road trips on the schedule. A current temperature in Ruidose of 56 with a high in the mid 70's doesn't do the trick. El Paso's summers are hot but it's not the same as a humid 100 degrees.

Bret Bloomquist does a good job for the EP Times. Unfortunately its 10.99/month for an on-line subscription. You would need that to see most of his write-ups. Follow him on twitter and you can get some insight too.

Minerrush does a great job when the team is in town...

Bret Bloomquist does a good job for the EP Times. Unfortunately its 10.99/month for an on-line subscription. You would need that to see most of his write-ups. Follow him on twitter and you can get some insight too.

Online subscription is $4.99 a month or just use a private browser and you can read everything for free.

You're getting ripped off. Last year I paid $20 for a yearly subscription. Renewed this year at the same price. Call them and say you want to cancel. Play hardball with them.

Reactions: sportsfan5000
You're getting ripped off. Last year I paid $20 for a yearly subscription. Renewed this year at the same price. Call them and say you want to cancel. Play hardball with them.
I dont have a subscription. I was just quoting the on-line price from my phone app.

Why not just stay in El Paso and practice? It would save money and it's not like practicing somewhere else helps.

According to Kugler: Jamar Smith (JC LB) was the highlight of practice day #3. With Van Hook back, the LB/DB group could actually be pretty good in CUSA. There is a ton of competition back there and a lot of experience.

Also, not sure if this was ever mentioned cause the poor guy has been injured so much, but Luke Elsner is back at DE instead of LB. I really like that move. If ever 100% again, he will be big difference maker in the pass rush.

Fields is running with the 2s. Dove is still #1 Tailback right now. Wadley is also at practice (although no contact). He could be back sooner than expected.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT