ADVERTISEMENT

WTF!!

Jimmy the Miner

Starter
Sep 7, 2016
In Austin today heard on local talk radio that Kugler talked to the host and told him Greenlee is out with an MCL tear?? Did anybody know this?

According to minerrush.com, Greenlee missed his second day of practice. Looks like it might be true and it'll be Kavika on Saturday. Well, I have a feeling we're gonna revert to a Higgins like offense and AJ will get 40+ carries. I'll take over 15 hitch/bubble screens in the game. Pray to the Lord above AJ doesn't get injured.

BOHICA!

WTF is right! The curse continues. Of course our new-found jiffy, productive quarterback is now injured. This program is totally under a black cloud! We can't catch a break and just have a normal season where it all takes place in the sports arena with our best players and our best coaching compete against their best players and their best coaching and the best team wins or losses. Football, basketball it doesn't matter, we will never field a complete team and then see what happens.

According to minerrush.com, Greenlee missed his second day of practice. Looks like it might be true and it'll be Kavika on Saturday. Well, I have a feeling we're gonna revert to a Higgins like offense and AJ will get 40+ carries. I'll take over 15 hitch/bubble screens in the game. Pray to the Lord above AJ doesn't get injured.

BOHICA!

Let me preface this with I love respect and trust Coach but how do I hear about this from a Austin/San Antonio rado host from Kuglars mouth and our piece of crap local radio and journalist not no shit? Really? And why would he tell this guy and not our guys.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
To be quite honest I dont think Greenlee is any better than Kavika. I thought this years qb competition was much better than last years. Kavika and Greenlee really pushed each other. I think Kavika throws a better deep ball and brings an added demension with his running ability. This could be a wally pip situation. The game plan doesnt change with Kavika under center. I do expect to see an expanded offensive game plan on Saturday.

To be quite honest I dont think Greenlee is any better than Kavika. I thought this years qb competition was much better than last years. Kavika and Greenlee really pushed each other. I think Kavika throws a better deep ball and brings an added demension with his running ability. This could be a wally pip situation. The game plan doesnt change with Kavika under center. I do expect to see an expanded offensive game plan on Saturday.

I have 100% trust in Kavika and Miner fans need to get behind him. The kids has guts and 100% effort on every play, just like Jones. They got Swoopes and we have Kavika. Kavika has a waaaaaaaay better arm than Swoopes. This does add a new wrinkle to UTEP and I see it as an upside.

I like Kavika, but I was very impressed with Greenlee. This is a big loss in my book, especially for the next game against what will likely be a 2-0 Army team. Let's hope that Greenlee is able to come back soon.

Kavita did not get enough play at QB this week for me to determine if he has improved passing wise to handle the starting job. Obviously, he didn't do enough in camp to earn it. That said, oh well. He is athletic, he never really looked rattled last year, just inexperienced, so poise will serve him well this week. It is what it is.

Per minerrush from the Kuglar radio show, straight from the coaches mouth, out possibly 2 weeks. Slight tear, MCL. Separated shoulder, and broken finger.

Id rather have Greenlee for Army than Texas... Even with Brady, Miners would need a top notch game to beat UT... Still, I am a Miner, and hoping for a win!

I like Kavika too, but I think the coaches trusted Greenlee more hence why he got the starting nod. I just think the coaches will rely even more on AJ and target him 50+ times and the passing game will suffer with conservative hitch/bubble screens like under Higgins. We shall see...nothing would be sweeter than the EP area kids shining and leading us to a win...Jones, Freytag, Kavika and Reddix.

Per KUGLER'S video in an earlier post states Greenlee "tweaked his knee & had to get re-taped". Next man up & play the entire team! It'll be a great experience for the entire team. Go Miners!!

I still don't see why you guys have so much love for Kavika. To me, and most folks I talk to, it appears EVERY time he goes in the game, he is going to RUN the ball. NOT hand it off. NOT drop back and stay in the pocket and complete a pass downfield. HE IS GOING TO RUN IT HIMSELF. Hell, he won't even give it to Jones, which in a weird way is good because he wont get hurt. LOL
Sorry guys, his style won't change in the next few weeks, therefore our hope of having a balanced attack of any kind is totally gone. With it goes all chances of staying respectable with the horns.

7 in the box....100 passing, most of which will be screens and jailbreaks. 150 yards rushing. Texas starters already in street clothes at halftime.

Honestly, after watching both UTEP and Texas last weekend, I held little hope we would stay in this game. I did think Greenlee had the chance to keep them semi honest and it would give us a shot at staying in the game. Without Greenlee, and Kuglar staying with Johnson, we are screwed. At least Metz throws the ball.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
I still don't see why you guys have so much love for Kavika. To me, and most folks I talk to, it appears EVERY time he goes in the game, he is going to RUN the ball. NOT hand it off. NOT drop back and stay in the pocket and complete a pass downfield. HE IS GOING TO RUN IT HIMSELF. Hell, he won't even give it to Jones, which in a weird way is good because he wont get hurt. LOL
Sorry guys, his style won't change in the next few weeks, therefore our hope of having a balanced attack of any kind is totally gone. With it goes all chances of staying respectable with the horns.

7 in the box....100 passing, most of which will be screens and jailbreaks. 150 yards rushing. Texas starters already in street clothes at halftime.

Honestly, after watching both UTEP and Texas last weekend, I held little hope we would stay in this game. I did think Greenlee had the chance to keep them semi honest and it would give us a shot at staying in the game. Without Greenlee, and Kuglar staying with Johnson, we are screwed. At least Metz throws the ball.
Lol you haven't seen Kavika play as a starter since last year, you haven't seen his reps in spring ball, or fall drills, but u seem to know more than anyone that he hasn't improved or developed. Interesting, can I get your insider information pass?

Didn't anyone watch the UNT game last year? KJ showed me that he learned as the season progressed (As did Metz). That's what you want as a coach...is it not? He put that UNT game on his shoulders and did a solid job. So his arm is not NFL caliber, but it's a lot better than Swoopes that's for sure. But I'm not against starting Metz, but Kugler wants a qb that can run (a hybrid of the Wildcat/Pistol offense) and has been public about it. Greenlee has good legs and is more accurate of the three. We lose accuracy on Saturday but gain a much more athletic qb, which should result in less touches for Jones. The pressure is really on Laufasa because he will have to block like a mad man and pick up blitz's with near perfection. UT does have the best linebacker in the country so getting past him will be very hard.

Kavila played as a true freshman, in a very conservative offense. He is a much better passer this year. He had a great camp. In camp he averaged more yds per completion than Greenlee. I think they went with Greenlee because of his experience, but it was an extremely close competition. Kavika adds new dimensions to the offense. Im looking forward to seeing his performance in person on Saturday.

Reactions: MineroFanatico

Texas has some injuries, too.

RT Tristan Nickelson (starter) sustained a slight knee injury during the Notre Dame game and is expected to be out until conference play.

Both LT Connor Williams and RG Kent Perkins have been missing practice this week (starters).

Now that evens it up...... LMAO

sorry to be so negative, but dammit! I can only look through my orange glasses so long before I break them.

Now that evens it up...... LMAO

sorry to be so negative, but dammit! I can only look through my orange glasses so long before I break them.

So let's handicap this thing, seeing as how there isn't even a puncher's chance in this one. If a 30 or 40 point loss, which is the spread most on here predict, is akin to looking through orange colored lenses, then someone needs an optometrist. What would constitute a "win" for you? Miners only losing by...?

So let's handicap this thing, seeing as how there isn't even a puncher's chance in this one. If a 30 or 40 point loss, which is the spread most on here predict, is akin to looking through orange colored lenses, then someone needs an optometrist. What would constitute a "win" for you? Miners only losing by...?
If it's a 40-something to 20-something with Aaron Jones walking on his own power out of the stadium, it's a win. If it's another 66-3 game, that'll be a swift kick in the nalgas. We should be at a point where we're at least competitive with the big boys, which hasn't been the case under Kugler yet.

If it's a 40-something to 20-something with Aaron Jones walking on his own power out of the stadium, it's a win. If it's another 66-3 game, that'll be a swift kick in the nalgas. We should be at a point where we're at least competitive with the big boys, which hasn't been the case under Kugler yet.

Agreed. Any spread larger than the 48-21 game I have it at is a bad loss imo.

I think a big loss is coming. Texas is looking great this year, and they are stacked. I thought we had a lot of depth this year, but was surprised to see our guys so winded against nmsu.

I think we're a better team this year, but we're nowhere close to Texas, especially if Texas is looking like the Texas of old.

Our game against army will be a better barometer of where this program is

Saw him on tv...sidelines, head set on, in huddle on field, signaling in plays with other QB's...so must still be around.

Its was already announced he would miss the year. I highly doubt he has taken any meaningful snaps in practice, if any. Its not gonna happen...lets not panic my dears.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT