ADVERTISEMENT

Yellen & Limberg

Feb 28, 2015
Im sorry but both Steve Yellen and Jeff Limberg both need to be relived of their duties after this season. Yellen just seems to keep yapping as John Teicher is trying to do his play by play. He doesn't have the professionalism as a color commentator and acts more liked one of the miner maniacs. This has been going on for years and is driving me nuts. Time to bring in someone new and fresh.

As for Jeff Limberg, he just does not cut it as a PA announcer. Why we got rid of Ray Adalto is beyond me. Limberg's announcing skills is cringe worthy many times during the games. During a recent home game he kept reminding us how many free throws would be given after one of our players was fouled shooting a three pointer. He also does not need to keep reminding the crowd to get loud and stand up. It is up to the fans to do that themselves, not the PA announcer! We know when to be loud and rowdy!

Reactions: MinerFan79
So its your first post and you want to fire people? Alrighty then, anyone else?

That seems to be the trend right now, everyone is going Donald Trump and trying to fire anyone that has anything to do with the basketball team - "You're fired!"
roll.r191677.gif
Who's next?? Ball boys??

Perhaps it's useful to acknowledge the merits of the OP's missive, rather than to attack or demean the messenger.

Listening to the latter part of the broadcast, it was difficult to hear the play-by-play, given the constant voice over by Steve. Teich is a gifted announcer and Steve certainly knows basketball strategy. However, both elements are weakened considerably when presented at the same time. And yes, this is a recurring issue that was especially apparent during the last game.

I like Steve Yellen, he has a unique, entertaining style, which is what a color commentator is supposed to do.

I also like Yellen. It's Teicher that never lets him get in a word edgewise. Yellen compliments Teicher with positivity and good-natured "homerism." It's supposed to be fun.

I have no problem with Yellen, just wish he was a tad less of a homer. I know he has to be somewhat of a homer but if he were to bring it down a notch it would great.

My only complaint about yellen is that he always seems like he's ending a sentence out of breath. The guy says 5 words, and it sounds like he's so excited every time that he barely has the oxygen to finish his thought

Yellen is a putz.....He USED to have have basketball knowledge. Now he just sounds like a lost kid. "are you kidding me?" "Tiech, thats...blah blah blah"

I just can't listen to the broadcast anymore. Between Tiech and yellen, they drove me to insanity. I'd rather listen to Steve and that chick that does the womens games (stacy?)

And now the coach floyd with Tiecher is coming of from the ale house....I bet if I called in, I would get hung up on.....typical Tiecher...

Count me among those who finds Yellen to be more than a little annoying. I expect my home town color commentator to be a bit of a home, but Yellen takes this to a ridiculous extreme. Not every single coach we've had here at UTEP is a coaching genius, and not every single senior we've ever had is clutch at the line. I cringe every time he speaks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT