ADVERTISEMENT

Yellen

How pathetic is this program under Stull! It's under his "oversight". How can anyone support this, how can anyone pay to support this, how can any recruit want to be a part of this. BOB STULL HAS TO GO, but like usual he won't, nobody will do anything about this and we will all be here bitching about the same issues next year.

And people here say we can sign away am Art Briles or Charlie Strong? Heck, there's no way in hell we can buy out Kugler if they're making these cuts.

Reactions: UTEP05
Not having to listen to Yellen's over the top homerism for road games? Sounds good to me.

Reactions: UTEP05
According to Kappy on Twitter, color analyst Steve Yellen will only be doing home games due to budget cuts. Looks like the effects of the declining football attendance is now being felt. Just sad.

Can't say that I'll miss all the "WOWWW"s!!! However, this really makes us look like a second rate program...FCS level...maybe even D2.

Not a real fan of Yellen and his over the top raving about the greatness of every player that has ever worn a Miner Jersey. If all these kids were as wonderful as he pronounces we would be automatic NCAA champs every year.
I think it's mind boggling tho that the budget is so strapped that this is happening. Sad, indeed.

No doubt football is the primary cash cow of division 1 FBS schools, but this is also Floyd's doing also. Attendance has been going down the last three or four years after March meltdowns and no NCAA appearances. Fans had high, high expectations for Floyd and they were not entirely unrealistic. Floyd can blame CUSA, he can blame transfers rules, he can blame high caliber recruits for failing to stick to the their commitments; but with all his banter, UTEP fans and local media just look at UAB, La. Tech and Middle Tennessee. But going from 35k to 12k in FBS football within four years does not help at all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT