ADVERTISEMENT

You have the wrong perception of Coach Barbee

Feb 9, 2009
I feel that the community has the wrong perception of Coach Barbee. I'm a huge Miner supporter in both football and basketball, I go to a lot of events for the Miners and the Coach's! I go to all the home football games and basketball games. I know for a fact that Coach Barbee is involved with the community and the students of UTEP. Just because you as an individual do not see him or it is not advertised or shown on the news does not mean he's not involved! Each year Coach Barbee and Price's Creamery have four free clinics for the kids at the Haskins Center. I know this because my nephew goes to most of them! He loves it and said that Coach is there for everyone of them and talks to the kids about basketball and life.(most importantly, getting their education) He has talked to the Lawyer's Association, every Lion's Club in town, he has had his players at Ft. Bliss for the past two years to visit with soldiers and to thank them for what they do for our country! When it comes to student involvement, Coach paid out of his pocket for students to go to the NMSU game last year at NMSU, he constantly speaks to the students at the student Union on campus and I've seen him at the other athletic advents on campus! I also attend the majority of his radio shows, after everyone he takes the time to meet and greet every table there and to speak to fans! This really irritates me that people would make comments about Coach and his involvement with the community when they truly do not know the facts! Must we also remember that Coach does have a family with two young kids! Just because you do not see him out does not mean he is not involved! So, before we start criticizing Coach for what we don't see him involved in, lets get behind him and support him and the players!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT