ADVERTISEMENT

Ze’Rik Onyema signs with UTEPMBB?

"It was the first day of basketball’s early signing period, which lasts until Nov. 20. Basketball’s regular signing period is April 15-May 20, 2020......The following is a list of area signees:"?

That's what they say. Don't shoot the messenger!

Had offers from Army and Navy. He's a military kid. Cant find anything about UTSA.

Beating out the top teams for his services I see!
Ahhhhh.....the trolls are back.
gastsby-whatgatsby.jpg.gif

These guys are not the calvary. They are coming to redshirt and grow the program, not save the program. Terry has yet to get a HIGH profile recruit, but if we win I think it happens.

We are still waiting on Quincy McGriff, who is listed as a 4 star guy. Hopefully his signing will be announced soon.

Lets not forget Terry recruited
Paul George
Bryson Williams
Tyler Johnson i think is his name and others.
They awere not highly recruited. Dont forget Mcgriff was a 3 star .

Lets not forget Terry recruited
Paul George
Bryson Williams
Tyler Johnson i think is his name and others.
They awere not highly recruited. Dont forget Mcgriff was a 3 star .

Why did Coach Terry recruit Paul George to Fresno while he was an assistant at Texas? Probably more beneficial to him if he would have recruited him to Texas, you know?

Why did Coach Terry recruit Paul George to Fresno while he was an assistant at Texas? Probably more beneficial to him if he would have recruited him to Texas, you know?
Paul George was recruited under the Steve Cleveland regime. Cleveland's main job was to help clean up the FSU program that was a hot mess created by former FSU coach Lopes.-Wiki

Yes, CRT was at Texas when George started at Fresno State.

https://www.deseret.com/2018/4/19/2...t-prospect-while-playing-for-former-byu-baske

Reactions: minerfan_14
I know. It’s almost like CRT has no idea what he’s doing, huh?

No, CRT is 11 games under .500 here and has 1 NCAA appearance in 8 years as a head coach. So with credentials like that, he’s obviously up there with Bob Knight, Coach K, Bill Self, Calipari, John Wooden, Dean Smith, and other great coaches. We should erect a statue of him, as he clearly knows what he’s doing with all those great accomplishments!

No, CRT is 11 games under .500 here and has 1 NCAA appearance in 8 years as a head coach. So with credentials like that, he’s obviously up there with Bob Knight, Coach K, Bill Self, Calipari, John Wooden, Dean Smith, and other great coaches. We should erect a statue of him, as he clearly knows what he’s doing with all those great accomplishments!

Yeah, everybody has a past. Dimel has shown he’s stuck in his. Not everybody is. You obviously are not impressed with the quick turnaround CRT has initiated. I forget that you don’t necessarily have an eye for talent. It’s really tough to see the improvement in just one year’s time, huh? Has nothing to do with Terry’s recruiting efforts.:rolleyes:

Can hardly wait for your enlightening reply.

Jordon Lathon was a 4 star recruit. Yes he was committed to Northwestern first but he is here.
Kaden Archie was a 4 star recruit. Yes he started at TCU but he is here.

To say CRT hasn't landed some big recruits is not correct.
Yes I totally agree Stan. He has brought in some really good players. You can include Kennedy and McGriff in the 4 star column as well (on some sites). We all know Williams is a beast and a 4 star now too. I'm talking about HIGH profile (like Green or Maker). Guys that are 4-5 stars across the board. Players that will make immediate big impacts. If Terry stays awhile I believe he can get it done.

Yeah, everybody has a past. Dimel has shown he’s stuck in his. Not everybody is. You obviously are not impressed with the quick turnaround CRT has initiated. I forget that you don’t necessarily have an eye for talent. It’s really tough to see the improvement in just one year’s time, huh? Has nothing to do with Terry’s recruiting efforts.:rolleyes:

Can hardly wait for your enlightening reply.

Apparently I can only post like once every 4 hours, so I will have to make this count.

What turnaround? The Miners are 2-0 and beat an injury riddled NMSU team at home. They didn’t go and beat Kentucky or UCLA. I didn’t know beating a WAC team at home was a monumental day in UTEP hoops. So what turnaround has occurred?

Recruiting doesn’t win games. Players and coaches do. Loyola Chicago made the Final 4 2 seasons ago, I bet UTEP and tons of other schools had better recruiting classes than they did. Who had the #1 recruiting class last year? I bet you will have to look it up, because it doesn’t mean shit.

I like Terry and he has done an okay job so far. Beating the Aggies and getting a recruit over Army and Navy isn’t really anything. That’s how low some of your expectations are. We won’t know how good this team is until the Houston games and Hawaii tournament. The Lobo game on Tuesday, won’t tell us much either. It will be their first test and they haven’t been that good in recent years

Apparently I can only post like once every 4 hours, so I will have to make this count.

What turnaround? The Miners are 2-0 and beat an injury riddled NMSU team at home. They didn’t go and beat Kentucky or UCLA. I didn’t know beating a WAC team at home was a monumental day in UTEP hoops. So what turnaround has occurred?

Recruiting doesn’t win games. Players and coaches do. Loyola Chicago made the Final 4 2 seasons ago, I bet UTEP and tons of other schools had better recruiting classes than they did. Who had the #1 recruiting class last year? I bet you will have to look it up, because it doesn’t mean shit.

I like Terry and he has done an okay job so far. Beating the Aggies and getting a recruit over Army and Navy isn’t really anything. That’s how low some of your expectations are. We won’t know how good this team is until the Houston games and Hawaii tournament. The Lobo game on Tuesday, won’t tell us much either. It will be their first test and they haven’t been that good in recent years
It's actually once a day

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992

What turnaround? The Miners are 2-0 and beat an injury riddled NMSU team at home. So what turnaround has occurred? If you have to ask you won’t get it even with an answer. Yes, there are limited results due to limited opportunities thus far. If you can’t already see the difference/improvement between the squad this year from last year, and I believe you are not quite savvy enough to do so, you are blind. Wait for your required results to make your determination, but as someone already stated, you’ll never be satisfied and will always find something to criticize. You’re a miserable dude. The misery seeps from your words.

Recruiting doesn’t win games. Not in and of itself but what a f*%king ridiculous statement. Do you even hear yourself? You lose so much credibility when you make statements like that. Just you questioning the level of the recruit that brought this discussion into play shows that you don’t believe in your own claim about recruiting.

I bet UTEP and tons of other schools had better recruiting classes than they did.
I cut part of your statement off accidentally but you were talking about Loyola Chicago. UTEP did not have a better recruiting class than they had. Not by a long shot. Do your research.

We won’t know how good this team is until the Houston games and Hawaii tournament. Haha. You said something very similar before and about the nmsu game. Seems you glossed right over that. No surprise though. Of course we won’t know how good they are until the season is complete. Man you’re sharp. Derpty dep derp! Again, you probably can’t see it but this team is miles beyond last year’s...already. What’s the difference? A few guys with a year’s experience and RECRUITING.

The more you say, the less you say. Go have a drink or five and unwind a little you f*#king nut job.

What turnaround? The Miners are 2-0 and beat an injury riddled NMSU team at home. So what turnaround has occurred? If you have to ask you won’t get it even with an answer. Yes, there are limited results due to limited opportunities thus far. If you can’t already see the difference/improvement between the squad this year from last year, and I believe you are not quite savvy enough to do so, you are blind. Wait for your required results to make your determination, but as someone already stated, you’ll never be satisfied and will always find something to criticize. You’re a miserable dude. The misery seeps from your words.

Recruiting doesn’t win games. Not in and of itself but what a f*%king ridiculous statement. Do you even hear yourself? You lose so much credibility when you make statements like that. Just you questioning the level of the recruit that brought this discussion into play shows that you don’t believe in your own claim about recruiting.

I bet UTEP and tons of other schools had better recruiting classes than they did.
I cut part of your statement off accidentally but you were talking about Loyola Chicago. UTEP did not have a better recruiting class than they had. Not by a long shot. Do your research.

We won’t know how good this team is until the Houston games and Hawaii tournament. Haha. You said something very similar before and about the nmsu game. Seems you glossed right over that. No surprise though. Of course we won’t know how good they are until the season is complete. Man you’re sharp. Derpty dep derp! Again, you probably can’t see it but this team is miles beyond last year’s...already. What’s the difference? A few guys with a year’s experience and RECRUITING.

The more you say, the less you say. Go have a drink or five and unwind a little you f*#king nut job.
Right on Coog! Perfectly summarized.

Yes, the Miners beat a depleted Aggie squad at home. But (1) UTEP won by 15. (2) If we beat them on their court, that's a solid road win. And (3) Floyd's teams found ways to lose to NMSU seven times no matter what the rosters were. Realize what we're saying here. We are actually expecting success from this Miner squad. When was the last time we could say that? Go Miners.

Yes, the Miners beat a depleted Aggie squad at home. But (1) UTEP won by 15. (2) If we beat them on their court, that's a solid road win. And (3) Floyd's teams found ways to lose to NMSU seven times no matter what the rosters were. Realize what we're saying here. We are actually expecting success from this Miner squad. When was the last time we could say that? Go Miners.

You are correct; those are good things. However, there are already people here saying “Quick turnaround” and “Is this the best UTEP team in the last 20 years”. All of that based on one win over the Aggies. Oh and recruiting. Tim Floyd has given all Miner fans a reason not to pay attention to recruiting. As it means nothing until they suit up and play.

You are correct; those are good things. However, there are already people here saying “Quick turnaround” and “Is this the best UTEP team in the last 20 years”. All of that based on one win over the Aggies. Oh and recruiting. Tim Floyd has given all Miner fans a reason not to pay attention to recruiting. As it means nothing until they suit up and play.
People were saying that before the season. No reason to temper expectations or stop talking about it now.

Floyd is gone. He has no bearing on this team nor UTEP basketball going forward, so don't try to speak for "all" miner fans. Speak for yourself.

I bet UTEP and tons of other schools had better recruiting classes than they did. I cut part of your statement off accidentally but you were talking about Loyola Chicago. UTEP did not have a better recruiting class than they had. Not by a long shot. Do your research.

Going into the 17-18 season, which Loyola made the Final 4, UTEP had the #69 and they had #103 class. So follow your own advice and do your research. I know what I’m talking about.

https://247sports.com/Season/2017-Basketball/CompositeTeamRankings/

How did getting more heralded recruits work out for us?

Going into the 17-18 season, which Loyola made the Final 4, UTEP had the #69 and they had #103 class. So follow your own advice and do your research. I know what I’m talking about.

https://247sports.com/Season/2017-Basketball/CompositeTeamRankings/

How did getting more heralded recruits work out for us?

You are too much. You mean to tell me you are counting only the one class? You will say anything to argue a point. Why would you only count the 2017 class? Aren’t there at least 3 other classes on any given team? SMFH! And that incoming class was basically warming the bench...pretty much on both teams. Not the guys playing in the final four or sporting an 11-20 record. I’m sure you’ll try to wiggle out of this one too.

And where the hell did I call our 2017-18 recruits “heralded”? You do a great job of making yourself look stoopid!

What were the rankings for the previous 3 years then?

Why don’t you look up the guys who were on the court for both teams? Make sure you don’t cherry pick. You brought Loyola up. Look at who was on the floor for them and look at who was on the floor for us. Then tell me who had better recruiting classes. I never said our recruiting classes were any good then, so not sure why it’s even part of the discussion. But knock yourself out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT