ADVERTISEMENT

Zerik Onyema

miner1liner

MI Hall of Famer
Feb 10, 2014
I must say that for the first time I really studied the videos of his highlights and feel there's a very bright future for this young man. Not only does he have all the physical tools necessary, but his mental attitude is outstanding.
After such a disappointing season in Minerland, I am eagerly anticipating his presence. Hope he is given the proper guidance and opportunity to be on the floor.

He sat with us Miner fans. Cordial with everybody. Saw him talk it up with some fans. More importantly, even though UTEP was getting blown out, dude was still there cheering for his future teammates.

Wish I would’ve known you were there, FWT. Would’ve invited you to the bar JCorona and I went to after the game and bought you a beer or two. Maybe next year.

He sat with us Miner fans. Cordial with everybody. Saw him talk it up with some fans. More importantly, even though UTEP was getting blown out, dude was still there cheering for his future teammates.
Getting more excited about this kid as we speak. If he were to be re-recruited like Likekele, I think a bunch of bigger schools would be after him.

Did UTSA offer? Wondering about being there watching them whip us and still being satisfied with his decision.

I don’t really want a player that would choose UTSA over UTEP - at least basketball wise. If UTEP and UTSA are a b-ball recruit’s final two. I expect UTEP to win 99 times out of 100.

Why would you expect that? You have been pretty adamant about how badly the Miners suck at everything these days.

Klay Thompson (Washington Sate)..........Dad (Minnesota)
Seth (Liberty) and Stephen Curry (Davidson)........Dad (Virginia Tech)
Tim Hardaway Jr (Michigan)----------Dad (UTEP)

Kids cut their own path as they should, no school should expect a degree of loyalty just because it's was Dad's school or Grandad's. It's likely more of detriment than an advantage. Coaches have a greater attraction than the school could ever have.

Reactions: axingfools1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT