ADVERTISEMENT

Zoom with Senter

Senter, Demel, Terry and Baker have done zoom meetings with season ticket holders for several weeks now.

I also heard that Dimel does a really mean PowerPoint presentation!
That's how he got the job. I'm not kidding. Senter stated his presentation knocked everyone's socks off.

NASA was the first to use power point with their managers in the 80's. The space shuttle blew up. They discovered their PP's missed a crucial detail: The O rings on the booster rockets.

They work to get company philosophy across, set work flow and organizational charts, etc. They're not working for passing games, flipping the field, 3rd down efficiency and qb play.

Senter, Demel, Terry and Baker have done zoom meetings with season ticket holders for several weeks now.
Interesting. I haven't heard anything about this and I'm a season ticket holder for basketball. I have a friend who has held season tickets for 35+ years in basketball and he hasn't told me about this. I wonder if there are more criteria to be involved.

UTEP Alum,

Let's catch up!

We'd like to invite you to join Director of Athletics Jim Senter for a video conference Thursday, June 4, at 4 p.m. Mountain time - 5 p.m. Central time. Hear about the future of UTEP Athletics and whats to come.

You will need to download Zoom software to be able to join the call. Must RSVP before Wednesday, June 3, at 3:00 p.m. See you soon!

Picks Up!

Lmao, he probably just said EPMAD like 2 or 3 thousand times and then reminded everyone they brought back tailgating.

I figured out last year that it was cheaper to buy individual basketball tickets vs. buying season tickets. I asked him why season ticket holders pay more vs. single game buyers and he told me that season ticket holders don't have to wait in lines to buy tickets. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: TXPrepMiner02
Lmao, he probably just said EPMAD like 2 or 3 thousand times and then reminded everyone they brought back tailgating.

It hasn't been reported anywhere, but this football season you will be charged to park on campus. Plus you will be charged to park in the garage by the business building. Terrible idea!!!

It hasn't been reported anywhere, but this football season you will be charged to park on campus. Plus you will be charged to park in the garage by the business building. Terrible idea!!!
I think UTEPs thinking is that all they have is 10,000 die-hards, so they better milk them, but UTEP needs to remember they used to have 20,000 die-hards.

I think UTEPs thinking is that all they have is 10,000 die-hards, so they better milk them, but UTEP needs to remember they used to have 20,000 die-hards.
They need 50,000 die hards to make it interesting. Shouldn't be hard to get less than 10% of the city's population Involved

Reactions: TXPrepMiner02
For the 2008 season over 24k season tickets were sold. The last time we had a crowd over 24k vs an FBS team was the 2016 season opener vs NMSU.
Yeah, the 2016 season started off looking like the Miners would be decent with 30k in the stands and a solid win over the Aggies. The next home game was the Army debacle with 37k watching that horror show in person. Season went to hell in a hand basket right there.

Weird. I’d figure our HUGE rivalry with UTSA would have more fans. :p
They were the last conference opponent to draw a crowd over 24k. If I’m not mistaken that was the day it poured and the game was postponed for a few hours. By the time play resumed there were less than 300 people in the stadium.

They were the last conference opponent to draw a crowd over 24k. If I’m not mistaken that was the day it poured and the game was postponed for a few hours. By the time play resumed there were less than 300 people in the stadium.
The game had two weather delays (severe thunderstorms), it should have been stopped earlier with lightning overhead.

Yeah, the 2016 season started off looking like the Miners would be decent with 30k in the stands and a solid win over the Aggies. The next home game was the Army debacle with 37k watching that horror show in person. Season went to hell in a hand basket right there.

Given the current state of the program would you guys agree that’s probably where the wheels fell off? I would say yes, because I was one of those people who left that game. It was the only time I’ve left early and I’ve stomached a ton of shit sandwiches in my time.

Given the current state of the program would you guys agree that’s probably where the wheels fell off? I would say yes, because I was one of those people who left that game. It was the only time I’ve left early and I’ve stomached a ton of shit sandwiches in my time.

I called for his firing after we lost at FIU by 40 points in front of 1,000 people in 2015. I think the Arizona game in 2017 was when even the biggest cheerleaders left the Kugler bandwagon.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
I called for his firing after we lost at FIU by 40 points in front of 1,000 people in 2015. I think the Arizona game in 2017 was when even the biggest cheerleaders left the Kugler bandwagon.
That was next week after the lightning delay UTSA home game.

The OT loss to East Carolina in 2007. Price should have been fired at year's end. We had a pretty potent offense, but our D just flat out sucked. We blew a big early lead at Tech and also blew a 2nd half lead at NNSU that year before that horrible finish against ECU at home. We lost 9 straight after that and Price was done.

Barbee had the MBB team coming up. UTEP should have gone all out in both sports. Imagine where we could be now?

Reactions: Minerforlife
So....Did anyone Zoom with the athletic director? Were any pointed questions posed? Were there any meaningful answers? Guess not.

But I remember there was a very good crowd for the Army game and by the end of the third people were clearing out. Off the top of my head I don’t think that UTEP has had a crowd of that size in The Sun Bowl since.

But I remember there was a very good crowd for the Army game and by the end of the third people were clearing out. Off the top of my head I don’t think that UTEP has had a crowd of that size in The Sun Bowl since.

Yeah, had a lot to do with Army’s El Paso presence though too. The HBU game was well attended, although free tickets were available. Only 3,000 short of the Army game. The Tech game might have drawn 30,000 before COVID. I don’t think they will get 30,000 for it anymore.

Then you better make it worthwhile then. Since this will be an unusual sports season, was there any mention of how things will be handled in terms of tickets and concessions with Covid- 19 going around. Will there be mobile ticketing and no paper tickets, credit card use only for payment of concessions? If yes is the answer, Wi-Fi there on campus better work. It will not be a luxury item.
If you want to enhance the fan experience for the fans at the game
and especially at home: pick one:

If nothing else, it will save money not in the short term, but long. It is broadcast ready: HD, 4K, 8K.

Then you better make it worthwhile then. Since this will be an unusual sports season, was there any mention of how things will be handled in terms of tickets and concessions with Covid- 19 going around. Will there be mobile ticketing and no paper tickets, credit card use only for payment of concessions? If yes is the answer, Wi-Fi there on campus better work. It will not be a luxury item.

If nothing else, it will save money not in the short term, but long. It is broadcast ready: HD, 4K, 8K.

This scenario reminds me of The Shawshank Redemption where Andy asks the warden for a few bucks to fund the library. I mean at this point, someone at UTEP needs to be writing two letters a week to the University of Texas System asking for the light funding.

Reactions: Autograph Boy

Thats a different turf

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT