ADVERTISEMENT

2016 4-Star 6'7 PG Commits to....

Congratulations to the Aggies. Nice get just based on the schools recruiting him. Seems like Coach M has a nice pipeline coming from Canada, eh?

I guess he likes winning conference titles and going to NCAA tournaments. Doesn't he know that we average more fans than they do? Or that we play in CUSA? Maybe he missed the Arizona game that tipped off at 9pm local time on FS1 this year?

Right on, Carlos. I would also assume an incoming PG would enjoy winning a conference title and an NCAA tournament berth. Have you heard otherwise? UTEP's attendance and conference affiliation are public knowledge. I'd also have to assume A recruit would be aware of those facts as well. Assuming they have Internet access in Canada. Have you heard differently? Thank you for this engaging post. It was a breath of fresh air and really contributed to the board. You are real(ist) good guy.

Last edited:
Thats nothing..we have a top 15 recruiting class coming in. And our facilities are better. We sell more season tickets than NMSU does. Floyd has coached in the NBA.

That's awesome. With those kind of credentials, I'm sure there would be multiple NCAA appearances and conference titles. At the minimum, at least a win in a few lower tournaments. At least we don't have those All JC recruiting Doc and Barbee as our coaches.

Please don't mention Barbee ever on here. He left UTEP basketball a mess when he left....... and he was a failure at Auburn....he won 0 SEC regular season titles, and did not have any NCAA appearances there. Floyd has been here 5 seasons and still can't clean up the mess Barbee left behind.
I am still pissed off that his teams improved every season while he was here and took us to the damn NCAA Tournament. We win more than 20 games a season, who cares about the NCAA Tournament.

Last edited:
This is what a circle jerk looks like on the internet...all epsi and chunks are missing is music. But I think he's partyrocking here already. Stroke away kids.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Please don't mention Barbee ever on here. He left UTEP basketball a mess when he left....... and he was a failure at Auburn....he won 0 SEC regular season titles, and did not have any NCAA appearances there. Floyd has been here 5 seasons and still can't clean up the mess Barbee left behind.
I am still pissed off that his teams improved every season while he was here and took us to the damn NCAA Tournament. We win more than 20 games a season, who cares about the NCAA Tournament.

I agree. That Barbee mess was horrific, way worse than when Rab left UTEP with a depleted roster right before school left. Floyd only had the rest of spring and all summer to recruit his first season. Why don't people get that? That loser BG used tricks and under handed techniques to get us to the NCAAs with only one recruiting class. Of course he left for barely more money. We had to start all over! Why couldn't we have settled for mediocrity while a "real coach" built a program?

Good point on the 20 wins. Elite schools like NJIT and Gardner-Webb won 20 games last year.

Lighten up, everyone. The buddy rub they're having is pretty funny. It's like watching Jon Stewart needle O'Reilly.

Anyway, to the guy who questioned why the original poster started the thread... I would imagine some UTEP fans 'give a shit' about NMSU and their recruits because they are our rivals, and our team will have to play against said recruit(s)?? Just a hunch.

Last edited:
If fans are concerned with nmsu and their recruits, I'd imagine they could find plenty of info on the Aggie board.

But that's "just a hunch"...

Reactions: Ronstr300
That's awesome. With those kind of credentials, I'm sure there would be multiple NCAA appearances and conference titles. At the minimum, at least a win in a few lower tournaments. At least we don't have those All JC recruiting Doc and Barbee as our coaches.

You tell them, Carlos! Things haven't gone UTEP's way. We can't let the homers have optimism on their own board. Let em have it, winner!

Why would you be upset that Barbee improved each season? He was our coach! It doesn't make sense to be upset that he took us, via DC, to the tournament.

By the way, I only speak for myself, but while 20 wins are nice, I'd much prefer a tournament bid.

You sure an odd fan. Not 'truck stop bathroom enthusiast' odd. But odd nonetheless.

I agree. That Barbee mess was horrific, way worse than when Rab left UTEP with a depleted roster right before school left. Floyd only had the rest of spring and all summer to recruit his first season. Why don't people get that? That loser BG used tricks and under handed techniques to get us to the NCAAs with only one recruiting class. Of course he left for barely more money. We had to start all over! Why couldn't we have settled for mediocrity while a "real coach" built a program?

Good point on the 20 wins. Elite schools like NJIT and Gardner-Webb won 20 games last year.

Who called BG a loser? Who accused BG of anything?

Leave it to the MinerDigs detectives/conspiracy team to make wild accusations. These are the same people that scream about 9/11, JFK, UFOs, and Stevie Wonder. Keep up the good work guys! Eventually you will find Atlantis and the Lindbergh baby too!

Thank you Carlos. That was very informative. Another great contribution to the board. This is sure to get you two 'likes.' You are a winner.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT