ADVERTISEMENT

2022 FB Expectations

I just think if you're thinking of a 1 year extension, then you don't believe in your coach and you should just move on instead.
I get that logic. Using this forum as a gauge, it seems to me that one 7-6 season has not fostered enough faith in Miner fans that Dimel can keep us at that level or better yet, improve. I think a year, two at the most, is sufficient to see if he deserves a longer/bigger contract. Use the year to test the waters and see if 7 wins was a once over…a fluke.

Reactions: Dmanminer
I get that logic. Using this forum as a gauge, it seems to me that one 7-6 season has not fostered enough faith in Miner fans that Dimel can keep us at that level or better yet, improve. I think a year, two at the most, is sufficient to see if he deserves a longer/bigger contract. Use the year to test the waters and see if 7 wins was a once over…a fluke.
Not just this forum, how about the 10k that showed up for senior day to support UTEP's first winning season in 7 years?

Senter simply doesn't get it.

Not just this forum, how about the 10k that showed up for senior day to support UTEP's first winning season in 7 years?

Senter simply doesn't get it.
I will have to disagree. Based on your comment about attendance as a barometer, I guess Michigan should fire Harborough. After all, they weren't selling out either.
Attempting to come back after covid is a challenge for everyone, not just sports. People are just not going to all the events n such as before. Restaurants, bars, movies, etc are seeing very low turnouts on a consistent basis. In addition, damn near every sporting event is on tv or streamed somewhere making it easy to sit on your butt at home.
I never have understood most of you guys on here. Before the season started, MOST predicted 5 or less wins when you KNEW the schedule going in. We win 7, go to a bowl, and still complaining. Just because you choose to not like Dimel doesn't mean complain about him on everything every day. Geez...Regardless of how you feel, you cannot deny he has improved our progam over the shit show kugler left. On that alone, he HAS earned an extension. I don't think they should give a 5 year extension, but 2 does seem appropriate. How about making the contract not guaranteed?
And please, stop the hate on Senter just because he doesn't do what YOU want. Take a look around folks, damn near EVERY athletic team has improved. For the record, I met with Senter when Terry was still here. He explained how Terry had improved the overall GPA with the basketball program so we wouldn't lose scholarships. (graphs and all) I still had told him I would not renew my season tickets as long as Terry remained. (not like he was going to do anything because of little me) I got saved though. LOL

I used to see a lot of positivity on here. I guess all the years of sucking has really taken its toll..Very sad indeed...

I will have to disagree. Based on your comment about attendance as a barometer, I guess Michigan should fire Harborough. After all, they weren't selling out either.
Attempting to come back after covid is a challenge for everyone, not just sports. People are just not going to all the events n such as before. Restaurants, bars, movies, etc are seeing very low turnouts on a consistent basis. In addition, damn near every sporting event is on tv or streamed somewhere making it easy to sit on your butt at home.
I never have understood most of you guys on here. Before the season started, MOST predicted 5 or less wins when you KNEW the schedule going in. We win 7, go to a bowl, and still complaining. Just because you choose to not like Dimel doesn't mean complain about him on everything every day. Geez...Regardless of how you feel, you cannot deny he has improved our progam over the shit show kugler left. On that alone, he HAS earned an extension. I don't think they should give a 5 year extension, but 2 does seem appropriate. How about making the contract not guaranteed?
And please, stop the hate on Senter just because he doesn't do what YOU want. Take a look around folks, damn near EVERY athletic team has improved. For the record, I met with Senter when Terry was still here. He explained how Terry had improved the overall GPA with the basketball program so we wouldn't lose scholarships. (graphs and all) I still had told him I would not renew my season tickets as long as Terry remained. (not like he was going to do anything because of little me) I got saved though. LOL

I used to see a lot of positivity on here. I guess all the years of sucking has really taken its toll..Very sad indeed...
Maybe I'm missing something but Michigan averaged over 109k in attendance, that's more than what the stadium holds.

No one is asking UTEP to sell out but at the very minimum get 50% capacity. I honestly don't know if our biggest crowd of the year showed up to see UTEP or a ranked undefeated UTSA cuz no other home game came even close to 31k.

Yes the bar has been set so low due to all the losing we've experienced than we would have been happy with a .500 record. Because we've been sold on the narrative thay we're out talented. Other than Boise and UTSA I didn't see any team with a clear superior roster. Even those two are questionable. We lost games to UNT, FAU, and UAB because of coaching, plain and simple. It's my opinion that will plague us the remainder of Dimel’s tenure because of his goofy, laid back, not a worry in the world approach to coaching.

As far as Senter sure the teams are improving but the fans are dissapering.

Reactions: Dmanminer
"“Dana Dimel has been a godsend. He really has. He has done a terrific job, and I’m so proud of him and his staff,” said Senter. “We need to get to the point where not going to a bowl game is the exception. Every year we want to play for a bowl game, we are relevant in November and playing for something in December. That’s where this program should be, and that’s where we want to get it to.”

Dimel here for the long run?

Maybe I'm missing something but Michigan averaged over 109k in attendance, that's more than what the stadium holds.

No one is asking UTEP to sell out but at the very minimum get 50% capacity. I honestly don't know if our biggest crowd of the year showed up to see UTEP or a ranked undefeated UTSA cuz no other home game came even close to 31k.

Yes the bar has been set so low due to all the losing we've experienced than we would have been happy with a .500 record. Because we've been sold on the narrative thay we're out talented. Other than Boise and UTSA I didn't see any team with a clear superior roster. Even those two are questionable. We lost games to UNT, FAU, and UAB because of coaching, plain and simple. It's my opinion that will plague us the remainder of Dimel’s tenure because of his goofy, laid back, not a worry in the world approach to coaching.

As far as Senter sure the teams are improving but the fans are dissapering.
Actually, I see the Michigan AVERAGE attendance to be at 108k, in their 111k capacity stadium. I like big blue, so I watch their games frequently. I see the empty seats. In doing research, MANY articles are saying most college programs are experiencing severe declines in attendance. That doesn't mean we can't do better. It just means EVERYONE is having issues. A ranked UTSA isn't the same as a ranked Boise st, Texas tech, or Texas. C'mon man!

You can question the coaching if you wish (I do on occasion as well) but Dimel IS developing this team. Cowing "thinks" he can go to a better school and perform when he came here with little to no offers. Why is that? That's right....coaching. Who is calling the pass plays TO HIM? We seriously don't have that good of talent....yet. We are strides above where we were 3 years ago. You think Bama calls the right play every play? Hell no. (Go Cincinnati!)

On to Senter, the fans disappeared because of Stull's stupidity. Then Covid.....not Senter. Actually fans were showing up to Volleyfrickinball, softfrickinball, and banquets. When has that happened?

You're a cool dude, but it's hard to take criticism seriously from someone that isn't here to see things in real time. You can't listen to trolls on here either.

Actually, I see the Michigan AVERAGE attendance to be at 108k, in their 111k capacity stadium. I like big blue, so I watch their games frequently. I see the empty seats. In doing research, MANY articles are saying most college programs are experiencing severe declines in attendance. That doesn't mean we can't do better. It just means EVERYONE is having issues. A ranked UTSA isn't the same as a ranked Boise st, Texas tech, or Texas. C'mon man!

You can question the coaching if you wish (I do on occasion as well) but Dimel IS developing this team. Cowing "thinks" he can go to a better school and perform when he came here with little to no offers. Why is that? That's right....coaching. Who is calling the pass plays TO HIM? We seriously don't have that good of talent....yet. We are strides above where we were 3 years ago. You think Bama calls the right play every play? Hell no. (Go Cincinnati!)

On to Senter, the fans disappeared because of Stull's stupidity. Then Covid.....not Senter. Actually fans were showing up to Volleyfrickinball, softfrickinball, and banquets. When has that happened?

You're a cool dude, but it's hard to take criticism seriously from someone that isn't here to see things in real time. You can't listen to trolls on here either.
I don't know much about P5 teams except what I read on the internet. If you say the capacity is 111k and the average is 108k, I'll believe you over the data that's posted. Still the point is moot, people are supporting their program and HC. The same can't be said about UTEP. Kugler's season finale during his bowl year had a much higher crowd than this year. Is it Dimel, is it Covid, is it Senter's pricing? I honestly don't know, but I know something isn't right. UTSA showed it's possible to draw huge crowds by simply winning the games on your schedule.

As far as Cowing, he was destined for stardom since high school and had a bunch of P5s after him. His talent was never in question but rather his grades.

I saw the volleyball games on YouTube. Seems like the recipe is rather simple. Have a good product and set the price low. I get it, I'm no longer in El Paso but I'm willing to bet I attended more football games this year than 99% of El Paso County. I saw first hand the disappointment.

In the end it doesn't matter, Dimel is the HC for the next 4-5 years. I hope he's successful and eventually wins the crowd over. Don't be surprised if by the end of his time here, this was our peak.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT