ADVERTISEMENT

Another commit...

That's great! Maybe we'll get some new fans from across the river to help fill up the Don.

Sounds pretty racist to me. Chihuahua is a pretty big state, I doubt more than a few hundred will know or care about this, but whatever makes you feel better about yourself. At least he's not on scholarship.

Please explain as I am rather naïve. How is it racist to hope his fellow countrymen/women follow UTEP BB and would wish to support him and UTEP? If he was Canadian and we lived in Lake Placid, would you still feel it's racist to hope for Canadian support? Are you saying that all Mexican citizens are Hispanic and all American citizens are not?

Please explain as I am rather naïve. How is it racist to hope his fellow countrymen/women follow UTEP BB and would wish to support him and UTEP? If he was Canadian and we lived in Lake Placid, would you still feel it's racist to hope for Canadian support? Are you saying that all Mexican citizens are Hispanic and all American citizens are not?

He's a f***ing troll. Of course there was not a thing racist about roundsound's post. Even Carlos doesn't truly believe there was any racist content and/or tone. If he does, he's an idiot, and a mistaken idiot at that. However, I'm 99.9% certain he responded with what he did just to "stir the pot".

I'm glad I missed it. Ignore is a great function. It's like being in a room of people where you can see many of them and only the shadows of others.
But it still makes the whole place smell bad.

I like the sarcasm unihorn.

He's a f***ing troll. Of course there was not a thing racist about roundsound's post. Even Carlos doesn't truly believe there was any racist content and/or tone. If he does, he's an idiot, and a mistaken idiot at that. However, I'm 99.9% certain he responded with what he did just to "stir the pot".

No worries round! Demographics logically indicate he could be a popular player and if he brings in more fans that's just cake. Kaplowitz said the same thing this afternoon about a Mexican player on the El Paso Chihuahuas Ramiro Pena I believe it was from Nuevo León. He felt that he could be and actually already was a crowd favorite.

I'm glad I missed it. Ignore is a great function. It's like being in a room of people where you can see many of them and only the shadows of others.
But it still makes the whole place smell bad.

Sorry about the place smelling bad....that's me...the old fart....☺️ Must have been that burrito I had at lunch....

Hope Vinegas meets with the same success of another native of "The Big State" Chihuahua - Eduardo Najera. Played at Oklahoma & had a successful NBA career.

You're the one that said "across the river". It could have been put differently, don't you think? It's pretty ridiculous to think people living in Mexico are going to flock to UTEP games because some guy is going to play mop up time a few games here and there, in a sport they generally don't care about. Okay then.

UTEP will only draw over 8,000 if they're winning or the opponent is note worthy. Doesn't matter if they have 1 or 13 Mexicans on the team.

For those dumb enough to compare him to Miguel Ayala, that's totally ridiculous. Miguel played JC ball, was on a scholarship, and played with NCAA Tournament teams. UTEP had good attendance numbers those 2 years, but it was based solely on the team's performance, not because of Miguel's heritage.

Sorry round...I take it back. It wasn't me. Something smells bad. Maybe a dead chipmunk in the chimney?

Just when I thought they were done. Interesting pickup, hope he turns out to be a good support player.
And didn't Najera play for Setan Hall.

For the most part people have been ignoring the trolls and I thank you for that
Cici I know it's hard but keep trying.

GO MINERS

Just when I thought they were done. Interesting pickup, hope he turns out to be a good support player.
And didn't Najera play for Setan Hall.

For the most part people have been ignoring the trolls and I thank you for that
Cici I know it's hard but keep trying.

GO MINERS

Najera went to OU. Was very impressive in the NCAA tourney (guessing coached by Sampson)? Made money in the NBA & is now a coach in the NBA D League Texas Legends.... Per WIKI
Anyone ever been to Ciudad Meoqui, Chih?
I think it's a something to be born there & then later in life be playing big boy 'balonsesto'! Guess it's the same story all over the world....it happens, and that's a good thing.

Ivan Venegas is a very good rebounder and could get some playing time next year especially if he plays good defense. I expect Wilms, Vint and Winn to get the most playing time. The other 2 post players would be Romaine and Venegas since Jones is probably going to be a prop 48. Also congratulations to Tevin Caldwell on earning a schlorship!

Um, Carlos? I said nothing about any river. I asked why you thought the OTHER person's post was racist. You never did answer my question.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT