ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Roster

“ Bynum was a consensus top-100 player and four-star prospect coming out of Simeon High School in Chicago, Illinois in 2021.

He also was ranked No. 73 by 247Sports, No. 73 by ESPN and No. 96 by Rivals as well as being labeled as the 22nd-best shooting guard by 247Sports and 17th-ranked shooting guard in the nation by Rivals and ESPN. The Chicago-native was the No. 3-ranked prospect in Illinois by ESPN and 247Sports.
Since his arrival at DePaul, things never seemed to click for Bynum who last played on Jan. 4 against Butler.”

Continuing the quotes from the story:

"Though DePaul staff did not give more details regarding Bynum’s low playing time, fans suspected academic issues to be at fault."

Gotta make the grade if you wanna get on the court.

"As of now, the only players scheduled to return next season are freshmen Zion Cruz and Mo Sall, and juniors Caleb Murphy, Jalen Terry, K.T. Raimey, Da’Sean Nelson and Max Williams. The team is also expected to add Triton transfer Keyondre Young and 7-foot three-star center Babacar Mbengue."

Is this our Barbeque Lengua? Did he transfer to DePaul?

Continuing the quotes from the story:

"Though DePaul staff did not give more details regarding Bynum’s low playing time, fans suspected academic issues to be at fault."

Gotta make the grade if you wanna get on the court.

"As of now, the only players scheduled to return next season are freshmen Zion Cruz and Mo Sall, and juniors Caleb Murphy, Jalen Terry, K.T. Raimey, Da’Sean Nelson and Max Williams. The team is also expected to add Triton transfer Keyondre Young and 7-foot three-star center Babacar Mbengue."

Yes it is. He transferred from DePaul to us I believe

Reactions: axingfools1
He transfered from DePaul to a JC which made div III final 4 last season, probably to get his grades up. Now he's a miner. Good pick up.
Agree, from all indications it's good guard pick up. If Utep can grab the guard transfer from Tarleton St. or similar quality I think we'll be good at guard and then will need a knock down shooter and quality 4 PF transfer. E. Jones is the real unknown for next year. We know he's talented, but still don't know why he didn't play more last year. If he can step into that PF position and put up 10-13 ppg and 5-7 rpg we might have a decent chance next year.

Agree, from all indications it's good guard pick up. If Utep can grab the guard transfer from Tarleton St. or similar quality I think we'll be good at guard and then will need a knock down shooter and quality 4 PF transfer. E. Jones is the real unknown for next year. We know he's talented, but still don't know why he didn't play more last year. If he can step into that PF position and put up 10-13 ppg and 5-7 rpg we might have a decent chance next year.
I agree Natty. I was thinking Golding would also look to upgrade the Hebb role player spot, but maybe between Hebb and Horton, he anticipates being ok. Neither one of those two are great defensively, but I think Horton still has room to grow.

The team is also expected to add Triton transfer Keyondre Young and 7-foot three-star center Babacar Mbengue."

licking bbc GIF by Top Gear

I agree Natty. I was thinking Golding would also look to upgrade the Hebb role player spot, but maybe between Hebb and Horton, he anticipates being ok. Neither one of those two are great defensively, but I think Horton still has room to grow.

I saw potential in Horton. Not so much in Hebb.

As for Lengua, still wondering if he transferred from us to DePaul. Seems to be the case from the story where it says, "The team is also expected to add ... and 7-foot three-star center Babacar Mbengue." IF this is our Lengua and not another with the same name.

As for Lengua, still wondering if he transferred from us to DePaul. Seems to be the case from the story where it says, "The team is also expected to add ... and 7-foot three-star center Babacar Mbengue." IF this is our Lengua and not another with the same name.
There seems to be a professor by that name on staff at DePaul.
https://las.depaul.edu/academics/history/faculty/Pages/Babacar-Mbengue.aspx

Maybe they're related (that would be a HELL of a coincidence) and he wants to play in front of family?

I heard it was an eligibility issue with Mbengue at DePaul.

Reactions: TxRdKiller

That was from a previous year, not this year. He transferred to us from Depaul after that...

So where does Bynum fit into the rotation now? SG? I would guess he suplants Horton and Hebb. I don't think he's a PG. PG and Forwrd is what we need. If one of the SG leave then I think we need another SF. The "knock down shooting" needs come within the flow of who's playing.

As I see it at the moment we have

PG Terrell, Thomas
SG Camper, Bynum, Horton, Hebb
SF Frazier
PF Jones
C Kalu, Hamilton, Mbengue

Last edited:
So where does Bynum fit into the rotation now? SG? I woukd guess he suplants Horton and Hebb. I don't think he's a PG. PG and Forwrd is what we need.

As I see it at the moment we have

PG Terrell, Thomas
SG Camper, Horton, Hebb
SF Frazier
PF Jones
C Kalu, Hamilton, Mbengue
Bynum is a shooting guard.
So Bynum and Mbengue both came to us from DePaul? I wonder who our local DePaul connection is? Is it an assistant coach or ex-coach?
And there are pics of Golding and Tarleton St point guard Devon Barnes. Is Billy sending us players?

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Imo Golding has hit on one JC guy. Camper. I won’t be mad if Camper is the start of a hit streak. Once again I’ll save any praise until his stats at UTEP align.

Before UTEP. PPG With UTEP
12.6. 2.3
18. 5.7
13.3. 3.1
11. 2.7
13.3. 1.4
12.1. 4.1

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT