ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting

This thread is recruiting but so much lends to conference affiliation and as far as bowls, UTEP is in a ok, I will not say great, but ok geographical location. During Covid three seasons ago Dimel just had to beat UNT and were bowl bound (he blew it). It’s not like UTEP was a certain college begging the NCAA for a bowl berth based on a technicality. UTEP does what they’re supposed to do and they are in.

Walden’s opponent not on the schedule is us, UTEP fan skeptics. If he wins that and the majority of games, he is as good as gone.

The Nebraska game will bring UTEP back down to earth. The jump to FBS is a bigger chasm than anticipated; however, CS is the little fish willing to try Orca infested waters.
I don't buy it. He competed with Tennessee. Not saying they will beat Nebraska, it probably won't be a big beat-down. He may be the little "fish" as you say, but he has some electricity to shock the shit outta that Orca...

I don't buy it. He competed with Tennessee. Not saying they will beat Nebraska, it probably won't be a big beat-down. He may be the little "fish" as you say, but he has some electricity to shock the shit outta that Orca...
Nebraska defense is good. Second, the FBS, even for CUSA standards, is a big jump. Third, IMO, he appears to be the right person for this job. Energy, enthusiasm and recruiting that was beyond impressive. Finally, FCS to FBS is a jump in talent and every week, even a conference dweller will have exceptional players.

Just remember it wasnt during year 1 that he competed with Tennessee. Check the score vs FBS teams in his first season at AP.

Fili, do you think he has better talent here than he did at AP?
Thanks for asking me a question. I will answer and say he does. Only because he brought his best talent over to Utep. I think it was only one wr that he didn't get to bring over. You add that with the number 1 recruiting class in the conference. I think it's safe to say the talent is better. I do think they upgraded in WRS.

Thanks for asking me a question. I will answer and say he does. Only because he brought his best talent over to Utep. I think it was only one wr that he didn't get to bring over. You add that with the number 1 recruiting class in the conference. I think it's safe to say the talent is better. I do think they upgraded in WRS.

Well played. 😆

Just remember it wasnt during year 1 that he competed with Tennessee. Check the score vs FBS teams in his first season at AP.
True, he also brought over his "top" talent... Does it translate to immediate success? Probably not against Neb or Tenn, but should against CUSA. I thank the lord everyday, Dimel is no longer the coach! Though his 'X" profile says otherwise...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT