ADVERTISEMENT

Football vacancy

It's time for the Price's to leave UTEP alone wouldn't you agree? I mean for Mike to put the UTEP administration in the position to waste time and resources interviewing his boy is just beyond the pale. I'd rather have Dimel back.

Um, no. Please. No Dismel back. At least Mike Price had success. Eric would be several levels above Dismel.

Patterson, Lindgren and Marion are my top choices, and in that order. Not sure if we can afford Patterson, since he’s a proven HC and will possibly entertain better offers. Patterson would be a home run hire and would immediately bring credibility to this program. Similar to what Kill has done at nmsu. Lindgren and Marion would bring explosive offenses that make the game exciting for the fans. Lindgren edges out Marion due to the fact that he has more experience as an OC and at a P5 school. My concern with both Lindgren and Marion is their lack of ties to Texas. UTEP would be able to afford both Lindgren and Marion. Our defense has been pretty decent over the last three years or so….I wouldn’t mind keeping Peveto as our DC for continuity.

Reactions: EPUTEP
Patterson, Lindgren and Marion are my top choices, and in that order. Not sure if we can afford Patterson, since he’s a proven HC and will possibly entertain better offers. Patterson would be a home run hire and would immediately bring credibility to this program. Similar to what Kill has done at nmsu. Lindgren and Marion would bring explosive offenses that make the game exciting for the fans. Lindgren edges out Marion due to the fact that he has more experience as an OC and at a P5 school. My concern with both Lindgren and Marion is their lack of ties to Texas. UTEP would be able to afford both Lindgren and Marion. Our defense has been pretty decent over the last three years or so….I wouldn’t mind keeping Peveto as our DC for continuity.
Do you really think Patterson would have Senter as a boss? Bwahaha

Offense was very good under Eric Price. It was god-awful under Aaron. Aaron is also responsible for the terrible special teams play now.

My problem with Eric is I bet he makes Aaron his OC
Maybe I have the wrong Price son? 🤔 So Eric is the good Price?

For some reason Perry seems to me to be a real possibility and I don't like it, but I can see the rationale of Senter. Huge Texas ties, can recruit, passionate and maybe some stability. However I hope he takes a chance on one of the 2 young guys and realizes UTEP football needs a quick jolt of energy. I don't want a 3-4 year build up to a bowl that we probably lose then 2 more years of underachieving that lead to another firing. At that point hopefully Senter would be gone, but still, SMH 😏

For some reason Perry seems to me to be a real possibility and I don't like it, but I can see the rationale of Senter. Huge Texas ties, can recruit, passionate and maybe some stability. However I hope he takes a chance on one of the 2 young guys and realizes UTEP football needs a quick jolt of energy. I don't want a 3-4 year build up to a bowl that we probably lose then 2 more years of underachieving that lead to another firing. At that point hopefully Senter would be gone, but still, SMH 😏
It's been said, he's a nice "talker" and if that's the case... Senter is probably all over that! Sign right here, poppa!

Yeah who knows? Seems to be well liked and no one really knows what he will bring to the table scheme wise. Great energy guy, great recruiter, great CEO type.

All the returning talent is in the portal. The next guy needs to bring something different.

Reactions: nattybry
I would rather have Claude Mathis from DeSoto HS than Perry since we are going down that road now.
What do you mean though? It's not the same. Mathis is currently a HS coach? I'm not sure how that's the same road? Perry though I don't want that to be our choice has already cut his teeth for awhile in FBS at a high level. Not the same, from jumping straight from HS to FBS HC.

Same. Use it ruthlessly and be greedy
Boise St. for instance has not been Boise St. after new NIL and Transfer rules. The long term domination of a couple of G5 teams is rare now. The best most can hope for is 2 or 3 great years out of 10 and then the rest just make bowls and try to win em. Liberty is the exception, because they have more money than Dolly Parton. If Utep has to cycle good upcoming coaches every 3 years, but gets to and wins bowls 2 of those 3 years, we'll take it. Just make at least a 2 million buy out, so we can keep things rolling for the next guy.

What do you mean though? It's not the same. Mathis is currently a HS coach? I'm not sure how that's the same road? Perry though I don't want that to be our choice has already cut his teeth for awhile in FBS at a high level. Not the same, from jumping straight from HS to FBS HC.
Perry seems like we are scraping the bottom of the barrel for a coach that can recruit Texas HS players since he was a good HS coach before moving up to FBS. In FBS, he has pretty much been nothing more than a position coach except for his brief stint as a “co-defensive coordinator” at Kansas. Does that even count being a coordinator if you had to share that role with someone else?

It seems like Perry’s ceiling in FBS is just a position coach. You would think being in FBS for more than a decade, the dude would work his way up to a permanent DC by now. If we hire Perry, we are hiring away TT’s freaking special teams coach. Ya, he has that AHC label next to his name at TT, but even Kugler had that label at Boise. Kugler was a position coach at a high level as well , and that didn’t mean anything as we all witnessed here.

Perry’s college resume is blah. Just seems like the only reason he is in the mix is because his ties to Texas High School recruiting. If we going to scrape the bottom of the barrel for our next HC by getting a Texas High School Coach that can recruit Texas ( Perry pretty much is this) , you might as well just hire the best HS coach in Texas right now.

I think it still matters. Traylor from utsa is well connected to texas high school football. He got some years of coaching experience but he was hired because of what he did at Gilmer High. He has been incredibly successful but now they are at a point to compete with the bigger boys they need the NIL money. But he was able to build a roster because of his Texas ties.

Perry seems like we are scraping the bottom of the barrel for a coach that can recruit Texas HS players since he was a good HS coach before moving up to FBS. In FBS, he has pretty much been nothing more than a position coach except for his brief stint as a “co-defensive coordinator” at Kansas. Does that even count being a coordinator if you had to share that role with someone else?

It seems like Perry’s ceiling in FBS is just a position coach. You would think being in FBS for more than a decade, the dude would work his way up to a permanent DC by now. If we hire Perry, we are hiring away TT’s freaking special teams coach. Ya, he has that AHC label next to his name at TT, but even Kugler had that label at Boise. Kugler was a position coach at a high level as well , and that didn’t mean anything as we all witnessed here.

Perry’s college resume is blah. Just seems like the only reason he is in the mix is because his ties to Texas High School recruiting. If we going to scrape the bottom of the barrel for our next HC by getting a Texas High School Coach that can recruit Texas ( Perry pretty much is this) , you might as well just hire the best HS coach in Texas right now.
Again I agree that I do not want Perry and if Senter hires him, he should be fired when his contract is done. It's a lazy and uninspired hire. Texas recruiting isn't as important these days especially a school like UTEP who can't compete against the Big Boys anyways. He's a good ol boy and his 1st college HC job should be at the FCS level. With that said his experience as a position coach, AC, and special teams makes it different than hiring a guy right out of highschool. Either way, we don't need or want this guy out of the finalist, but not sure if want Price over him. I don't want him or Price!

Last edited:
I am all in on Marion. These days, you can crowdsource the decision. If Senter lays an egg he needs to be done.

That being said, is Marion interviewing while his team is playing for the conference championship?
I assume he interviewed yesterday.

I can be at the airport in 20 minutes to report what's the latest and tell Senter that Miner Fans don't want this guy as our next coach!!!! Anyone know what terminal they're in? Lol 😆
The feeling I started getting last night that this may be the guy is stronger and I don't like it!!!! He may prove us all wrong if chosen, but it will inspire no one and unless he wins in year 1. Miner fans are going to continue to lose confidence and stay away from the Sun Bowl unless this guy wins right a way, cause it's seen as a really bad hire. This guy's under qualified and hasn't done anything to prove he's deserving of the Utep HC position SMH 😒 I'm sure Senter is hearing all these recommendations from his supporters, but what has he done on the college level to deserve this opportunity!!! I'm gonna be so mad if my gut is right and this guy's hired and fails!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: FedupMiner
It's going to be Price isn't it? Price, Kugler, Price, Dimel, (Son of a) Price. I don't want to experience ground hog day. I hope I'm wrong.

I can be at the airport in 20 minutes to report what's the latest and tell Senter that Miner Fans don't want this guy as our next coach!!!! Anyone know what terminal they're in? Lol 😆
The feeling I starting getting last night that this may be the guy is stronger and I don't like it!!!! He may prove us all wrong if chosen, but it will inspire no one and unless he wins in year 1. Miner fans are going to continue to lose confidence and stay away from the Sun Bowl unless this guy wins right a way, cause it's seen as a really bad hire. This guy's under qualified and hasn't done anything to prove he's deserving of the Utep HC position SMH 😒 I'm sure Senter is hearing all these recommendations from his supporters, but what has he done on the college level to deserve this opportunity!!! I'm gonna be so mad if my guy is right and this guy's hired and fails!!!

Love Field. Look for the Maggiano's and Creative Kidstuff.

It's going to be Price isn't it? Price, Kugler, Price, Dimel, (Son of a) Price. I don't want to experience ground hog day. I hope I'm wrong.
Price or Perry are lazy A$$, cheap, cop out non inspired Chicken Shi+ hires 🤬

Let's be honest Dimel will listen to the Big Donors and not the casual or even die hard Miner fan. If Donors are wanting Price or Perry, and they're being old fashioned and scared to hand the keys over to a young upstart, I wouldn't be surprised. The 4 finalist are two seasoned guys, but no FBS HC experience, but can probably bring in a good staff vs two young guys who will embrace portal and NIL and run a fun offense. Price is out of touch and the only thing he can show kids is he knows what it takes to get to the NFL. I'm glad Dimel is gone, but when I heard Price and Perry were finalists, my short lived energy went way down. I hope I'm wrong about this sinking feeling 😕

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT