ADVERTISEMENT

Holy $#@%$#%!!! Lew is Gone!!

This was expected plus we look much better at the point with Mr Artis. Good luck Lew!!!! We loved you and your passion for UTEP and El Paso. Keep you head up!

Good luck to Lew, but I think we are set ok with enough guards.
We need V Hunter to come back. (I know it's not happening but it would be good for us and him as well.

GO MINERS

What was your favorite Lew Stallworth moment/memory?
Mine was when he...he.., wait give me a minute , when heeee, hmmm, .....well when he signed with UTEP .
CTF can't have a year when he doesn't run off at least one guy , so sorry Lew you drew the short straw .(I'm assuming this report is correct)

PS What happened to the board it's different(again)was just getting use to the "new" board, couldn't log on yesterday???

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
All the Rivals sites were down yesterday.

I met Lew and his dad when he was being recruited. Not sure what happened, but something went wrong with him.

Summer is when the Floyd off season pretty much begins. Summer we find out which player(s) in the recruiting class won't wear a Miner uniform.........-> There will be at least 1.
Then one player from the current recruiting class will quit and go back home.
The Orange and White scrimmage happens and all the Floyd homers start saying this player and that player has improved so much and we will be in the top 25 blah blah blah
The season starts and once again we don't even make it to the finals in the CUSA Tournament.
Then "next year" is the year
People who want Floyd fired get put down and will mention for the 1000 time Floyd's coaching background.
Then repeat.

Summer is when the Floyd off season pretty much begins. Summer we find out which player(s) in the recruiting class won't wear a Miner uniform.........-> There will be at least 1.
Then one player from the current recruiting class will quit and go back home.
The Orange and White scrimmage happens and all the Floyd homers start saying this player and that player has improved so much and we will be in the top 25 blah blah blah
The season starts and once again we don't even make it to the finals in the CUSA Tournament.
Then "next year" is the year
People who want Floyd fired get put down and will mention for the 1000 time Floyd's coaching background.
Then repeat.

If you go to the games, you have every right to rip Floyd. It's the local "fans" who whine on this site and on call-in shows, but who don't support the team by going to most of the games, that are part of the problem.

If you go to the games, you have every right to rip Floyd. It's the local "fans" who whine on this site and on call-in shows, but who don't support the team by going to most of the games, that are part of the problem.

Okay. Here we go. I don't see why anyone could think that attending all the games means your opinion is worth more than others. Its a dumb take. I bet that 99% of the people who read this message board are fans of at least 1 NFL, NHL, MLB, or NBA team, yet hardly attend the games. Does that make you less of a fan because you don't go to the game?

Did you ever think the reason that more people don't go is because they don't like the product or find certain teams interesting?

If you don't like the coaches or whatever, you should still go to the games and spend your money there? Do you know how stupid that sounds? If you disliked the food at a restaurant would you keep going there? If you disliked the owner of a business would you continue going to his business and making him money???

Sports is the same thing. Supporting a team you're not happy with means you do not want change and are satisfied with the product.

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
Okay. Here we go. I don't see why anyone could think that attending all the games means your opinion is worth more than others. Its a dumb take. I bet that 99% of the people who read this message board are fans of at least 1 NFL, NHL, MLB, or NBA team, yet hardly attend the games. Does that make you less of a fan because you don't go to the game?

Did you ever think the reason that more people don't go is because they don't like the product or find certain teams interesting?

If you don't like the coaches or whatever, you should still go to the games and spend your money there? Do you know how stupid that sounds? If you disliked the food at a restaurant would you keep going there? If you disliked the owner of a business would you continue going to his business and making him money???

Sports is the same thing. Supporting a team you're not happy with means you do not want change and are satisfied with the product.

Blah, blah, blah. Talk is cheap. Don't be a tightwad. Spend a little money to support your team if you live in El Paso.

Reactions: Miner Dawgma
You're right unihorn. Spending money on the team is the best way to improve it. It brings in revenue and hopefully it has enough impact to expand the budget. It's also better to spend that money on football tickets. Volume as in number of tickets will increase that bottom line at a quicker pace. A bigger budget gives Utep more flexibility.

UTEP has the money,,,,we have the highest recruiting budget in CUSA for basketball. But we have zero CUSA regular season titles and zero CUSA Tournament Final appearances. What we need is a new basketball coach.

UTEP has the money,,,,we have the highest recruiting budget in CUSA for basketball. But we have zero CUSA regular season titles and zero CUSA Tournament Final appearances. What we need is a new basketball coach.

Does UTEP have any of YOUR money? If so, how much?

Utep has my money in the form of season tickets in football and basketball. I may be in the minority but I am optimistic for football and both men and womens basketball. I don't have season tickets for womens basketball and volleyball but I go see the games as much as possible. I would estimate I spend over 1500 a year if you count parking and concessions.

Reactions: unihorn
For the past ten years, I've bought two season football tickets + parking, and four season men's basketball tickets + parking.

It's tiresome to hear people bash the team who don't support the team with their pocketbooks. I try to understand their paradigm:

"When UTEP spends the $ to hire a coach I'm excited by, and when they start winning titles, then I'll stop ripping them on free message boards and start going to more games."

What happens when the new coach has to reload or hits a speed bump? Back off the bandwagon...

I just don't understand "fans" like this.

I understand people being disappointed but we have won 45 games in the past 2 years and have led the conference in attendance in football and men and womens basketball. This time of the year is a little boring and I cant wait for football to begin.

Last edited:
What Lew put on his Instagram account a few days ago:

"Life is all about leaning and being a better person than you were yesterday. We as humans learn by experience and through our life choices. Sometimes in life you mess up, you make mistakes.. But ultimately you grow. You become the person you want to be for the rest of your life. During my time in El Paso I've grown mentally, physically, and spiritually. I can't even begin to explain the invaluable lessons I've learned from everything and everyone in this special city. I thank coach Floyd, coach Cantu, Coach Johnson, Coach Deweese, coach Braswell, Bob Stull, the trainers, the athletic department, the fans, and most of all my teammates for helping me on this journey. I came, I saw, I conquered, and I'm grateful for this special opportunity. El Paso will always have a special place in my heart and I would never trade the people or the experiences I've had here for anything. Thank you and I love you all."

I have a small business in real estate, if I had a larger budget, I'd offer him a job just to keep him here in El Paso despite his departure.

Kid says alot of nice things on Twitter and internet.never thought he would get in trouble and kicked out.

Seems like a nice kid. Makes me wonder what he did to get kicked out of the program.

So who redshirts' for next season? I'm thinking these last two additions will redshirts.i was thinking the Britt Kid but I think he is to talented to red shirt. Floyd is gonna have his deepest team since he has been here.

I really like this kid. I know he is going to be successful in whatever life brings him.

What Lew put on his Instagram account a few days ago:

"Life is all about leaning and being a better person than you were yesterday. We as humans learn by experience and through our life choices. Sometimes in life you mess up, you make mistakes.. But ultimately you grow. You become the person you want to be for the rest of your life. During my time in El Paso I've grown mentally, physically, and spiritually. I can't even begin to explain the invaluable lessons I've learned from everything and everyone in this special city. I thank coach Floyd, coach Cantu, Coach Johnson, Coach Deweese, coach Braswell, Bob Stull, the trainers, the athletic department, the fans, and most of all my teammates for helping me on this journey. I came, I saw, I conquered, and I'm grateful for this special opportunity. El Paso will always have a special place in my heart and I would never trade the people or the experiences I've had here for anything. Thank you and I love you all."

I have a small business in real estate, if I had a larger budget, I'd offer him a job just to keep him here in El Paso despite his departure.

utep2step: Hey Lew, how would you like to give up your final 3 years of eligibility and your dream of playing D1 basketball and come work for my small real estate business?

Lew: Yeah, I would really love that. Not!........................

Well....hopefully he succeeds wherever he goes. I remember him in a post game interview with Teicher. He really sounded comfortable on the radio....very laid back. He was consider mass communications I believe. Whichever way he "leans" I wish him the best.

"If you disliked the food at a restaurant would you keep going there? If you disliked the owner of a business would you continue going to his business and making him money???
Sports is the same thing."

Really??? You are obviously not emotionally, financially, fanatically or otherwise invested in UTEP athletics if you are comparing it to supporting a restaurant or business owner - really?? I'm guess you are not a UTEP alum and/or are not even originally from El Paso. No restaurant or business owner has the impact UTEP has for the community and not only did I invest money and time into my degree from UTEP (unlike I did to any restaurant or business owner), but I'm very proud and supportive of UTEP's ongoing success and invested in every way to see that happen, regardless of current situations, b/c I know money is needed to be successful in the future and long term............you, my friend (using that term very loosely in this situation) are an idiot.

Reactions: UTEPy79
"If you disliked the food at a restaurant would you keep going there? If you disliked the owner of a business would you continue going to his business and making him money???
Sports is the same thing."

Really??? You are obviously not emotionally, financially, fanatically or otherwise invested in UTEP athletics if you are comparing it to supporting a restaurant or business owner - really?? I'm guess you are not a UTEP alum and/or are not even originally from El Paso. No restaurant or business owner has the impact UTEP has for the community and not only did I invest money and time into my degree from UTEP (unlike I did to any restaurant or business owner), but I'm very proud and supportive of UTEP's ongoing success and invested in every way to see that happen, regardless of current situations, b/c I know money is needed to be successful in the future and long term............you, my friend (using that term very loosely in this situation) are an idiot.

Sports is not a business? How many owners of sports teams like losing money? How many Athletic Departments like losing money? They are not running charities are they?

I am a UTEP alum, originally from El Paso, and still live here. You might be proud and supportive of UTEP's "ongoing success", but there are many who aren't. Money is needed long term for future success, but how long are you supposed to continuously pour money into a school that produces nothing? UTEP does not have any NCAA wins in 23 years and no bowl wins in 48 years. If you were a landlord, would you keep a tenant that has not paid their rent in 23 months? You keep thinking, "ah this month he will pay, I'll let it slide." That is the mindset of money UTEP supporters like yourself. You blindly support the program and don't expect anything in return. It's like paying for a car, that you can't drive, hoping one day you will be able to drive it. How long are you expected to see a return on your investment.

What you're telling me is that you're okay with not going to the NCAA Tournament, let alone winning and you are okay with not winning big football games. That's fine, that's your choice. UTEP just takes your money and does nothing with it. You are the sucker, why would they change if they know suckers like you are going to pay anyway?

I bet if you went to a taco stand and the food tasted like crap, you would not return for awhile, maybe even until they changed their recipe or cook. Wouldn't an idiot keep going back,paying for the same crappy taco every time? Well UTEP is the taco stand and you're the idiot that keeps paying for crappy tacos. They are not going to change because there is no reason or demand that they do. So keep being satisfied with losing in the first round on the NIT and CBI. UTEP and Bob Stull appreciate your support!

You need better examples, bruh, I'm not in any way/shape/form emotionally connected to or invested in the success or proud of and supportive of future success of a taco stand or a renter if I'm a landlord - that's STRICTLY business................my support, financial and otherwise, of UTEP is not strictly business..........much broader and deeper for the university and city that I love - for you to continue to compare UTEP to the examples you spew clearly shows your very finicky support.

You need better examples, bruh, I'm not in any way/shape/form emotionally connected to or invested in the success or proud of and supportive of future success of a taco stand or a renter if I'm a landlord - that's STRICTLY business................my support, financial and otherwise, of UTEP is not strictly business..........much broader and deeper for the university and city that I love - for you to continue to compare UTEP to the examples you spew clearly shows your very finicky support.

Agree. Last few posts have revealed the wellspring from which all his previous babble has flowed.

Reactions: UTEPy79

You didn't answer the question. So you're okay with not going to the NCAA Tournament for the 5th straight year and not winning a game there since 1992? You're okay with not winning a bowl game since 1967? I have seen enough of Floyd here at UTEP, why would I gives hundreds or thousands of dollars to a school employing a coach that hasn't done anything here? I go to a few games per year, but why should anyone buy season tickets to see them play? Texas got rid of Rick Barnes after many successful years and NCAA Appearances, do you think their boosters would have continued to support a coach they don't want?

You're gonna say, you can't compare UTEP to UT, and for the most part you can't. But the point remains the same, how many years are people supposed to continuously give money to a school, but get nothing in return?

I buy tickets and go to games because it's fun and because I'm a fan. The dollars I spend are entertainment dollars, not food and shelter dollars. It is unrealistic to expect UTEP to have the success of a program like Texas for many reasons which should be obvious. You are a "hardliner" meaning every dollar you spend on UTEP has to have a measurable return on investment. UTEP would be unwise to court your kind because you're a dry hole.

Sorry, but I don't like to spend money on trash games. I am tired of seeing schools like SE Louisiana and Alcorn St. I understand you need games like that, but what's the point if they're boring and uncompetitive? Why can't we get some different opponents?

Yeah UTEP has lots of people on waiting lists for tickets right? They should not want fans like me going to the games. I mean they get 66% capacity for basketball and 50% for football. Why would they want more? Maybe if they scheduled better and won big games, more fans like me would go and possibly turn into season ticket holders. What a concept!

That will never happen though because Bob Stull would rather have his 5,000 old fart fans show up and talk about what happened at the country club the other day, rather than pay attention to the game vs Houston Baptist.

It's because of fans like you we're stuck in this crap league. If more people would have demanded change and not let Price stay so long, we might have been in better position for a conference invite. Instead we got cries of "He's the best we'll ever have" and "Go support the team". Look how that turned out.

I'll keep spending the majority of my entertainment dollars elsewhere until UTEP shows me they want to win. Football is getting there, but basketball is stuck in the past with boring, off putting play.

I buy tickets and go to games because it's fun and because I'm a fan. The dollars I spend are entertainment dollars, not food and shelter dollars. It is unrealistic to expect UTEP to have the success of a program like Texas for many reasons which should be obvious. You are a "hardliner" meaning every dollar you spend on UTEP has to have a measurable return on investment. UTEP would be unwise to court your kind because you're a dry hole.

looks like another ignore candidate

You whine and act disenfranchised, yet you come on here crying out to have your wishes for the program heard. You have cognitive dissonance, you're misers, and you think UTEP should be a D1 powerhouse. You were probably disgusted we lost to Arizona last season -- likely the only game you went to. Everyone wants to win. I choose to enjoy the ride instead of being a miserable bitch no one should have to listen to.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT