ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Lathon back in the transfer portal.

FeralFelidae

MI Miner Maniac
Sep 1, 2003
It looks like the NCAA granted him that COVID bonus year and he wants to make the most of it.

I was wondering how, even with an extra COVID year, he could still have any eligibility left, but then I Iooked at his stats. He's only played four years, not playing during 2020-21 and 2022-23. It used to be that players had five years to play four. Then with COVID it became six years to play five. Lathon will get seven years to play 5. That's approaching Walter Dawn territory.

I was wondering how, even with an extra COVID year, he could still have any eligibility left, but then I Iooked at his stats. He's only played four years, not playing during 2020-21 and 2022-23. It used to be that players had five years to play four. Then with COVID it became six years to play five. Lathon will get seven years to play 5. That's approaching Walter Dawn territory.
Lathon was injured and was granted a medical redshirt for 2022-23.

Reactions: MinerManiac
Lathon was injured and was granted a medical redshirt for 2022-23.
Thanks, that explains part of it. I'm curious as to why he's getting the extra COVID year when he didn't play that season. Was it because he sat out due to transfer so he never had the opportunity to play that season?

I heard Walter Dawn just entered the Transfer Portal for his final 2 seasons

Thanks, that explains part of it. I'm curious as to why he's getting the extra COVID year when he didn't play that season. Was it because he sat out due to transfer so he never had the opportunity to play that season?
Maybe he's just assuming he gets a 5th year but the NCAA hasn't granted it yet. I'm not 100% sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT